Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Bubastis
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  23:04:32  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I had an idea for a new City of Cats since Nathlekh went Shou instead, and Mulhorand returned, and its that once Mulhorand was liberated, Sharess/Bast founded Bubastis, the Feywild part of Skuld, the Mulhorandi capital and I was wondering if you guys thought this would be a good idea?

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  23:34:02  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking of basing it on a mix of Mulhorand/High Imaskar current events, elements of the historical Bubastis and pre Shou Nathlekh, and of course they Feywild.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubastis

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Nathlekh

Most inhabitants would be Mulhorandi humans, Mulhorandi Aasimar, Mulhorandi Tieflings, Mulhorandi Devas, a small minority of elves and other fey creatures, as well as plenty of werecats, weretigers, werelions, werepanthers,catfolk tressyms, ect...

It will be an island, but witb deserts near by, and massive upthrust, glowing purple crystal mountains in the distants (the Feywild mirror of the plains of purple dust).

For temples there would be Sharess/Basts Palace/Feasthall, and otherwise mostly temples to Sharess' aspects, manifestation, and even shrines lesser mortal incarnations of Sharess/Bast, as well as a temple to Nobinian and a temple Anhur. I thought about msybe Sune as well, but I think that would be too upsetting for Ra, a demigod like Nobinian is pushing it as it is, never mind a Greater Goddess.

The purpose of the city, aside from fun and adventure, is to protect Skuld and the rest of Mulhorand from attacks by High Imaskar's Feywild planar holdings, but its also proving very profitable in trade.

There are several repurposed Imaskar built portals to and from the Mulhorand capital Skuld.

Edited by - Gyor on 19 Aug 2016 23:38:35
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  00:11:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would suggest looking at Per-Bastet, from the Southlands Campaign Setting sourcebook by Kobold Press, or the module set in that city, Cat & Mouse.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  01:39:56  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have an idea for a race of fey shape shifting Baboons that live in the area surrounding area based on the God Babi of Egyptian mythology and Hamadryas baboons.

The Babi are organized into tribes called Harems, lead by dominate males called bulls, with a mostly females, young, and a few males called follower males.

Babi can turn into beautiful humaniods, and can pass themselves off as humans or even aasimar in rare cases.

Most of Babi society is lawful evil, as the eating of evil humaniods, especially the entails is concidered both acceptable and encouraged. A small minority of Babi converted by followers of Bast, only eat the entrails of none sentient animals, not humaniods.

Babi only attack evil humaniods for food, like local goblin and quickling tribes, good beings give them indigestion.

In Baboon form Babi and a painful bite, 1D6, although Babi monks use the monk unarmed damage table instead.

In humaniod form young males have white or silver hair, which turns brown in old age.

While Babi reproduce normally, follower males sometimes kidnap human or human blooded (Tieflings, Aasimar, Half Elves and Half Orc), childern, and raise them as their own, who turn into Babi upon turning 18, thanks to the combined Fey magic of the Harem seeping into them.

All Babi can grant the blessing of virtility and fertility to someones soul in the afterlife.

Babi also enjoy eating undead, making them truely hated by Mummy Lords and Lichs, who the Babi feast upon each time they generate a new body.

Those Bulls who did not convert to Bast, serve and rever the Archfey The Great Babi, for whom the race is named.

The Great Babi sometimes travels to the Shadowfell to hunt undead for sport and food. Unlike most Archfey, The Great Babi is Lawful Evil.

The Great Babi's Harem is made up of the souls of Fey Pact Warlocks that have made deals with him, so its made up of more then just female Babi.

Babi that have been converted to worship Sharess tend of live in the Fey Quarter of Bubastis, in a area called Babi Town. Babi are very unwelcome within Skuld proper, although some people visit Bubastis to get the blessings of virtility from the Babi.

PC Babi,+1 Charisma. Climb speed 30. Baboon Shapeshifter (normal form is that of a Hamadryas baboon, with a bite attack, but they can take humaniod form as well, with advanage to passing themselves off as Humans, Aasimar, Half Elves, and Teiflings.

They have the extreme dismorphism trait, males get +2 strength and females get +2 Dexerity.

Necrotic damage resistance.

Babi can grant the Babi's Blessing, that grants virtility and fertility in the target's afterlife. The Blessing can be dispelled by less then a wish spell.

Babi speak Babi (written in elvish letters), Mulan (Mulhorandi dialect written in Celestial letters), and Common.

Some Babi practice necromancy, although it tends not to be for troops so much as the Babi concider undead a beloved food source.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  01:41:21  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I would suggest looking at Per-Bastet, from the Southlands Campaign Setting sourcebook by Kobold Press, or the module set in that city, Cat & Mouse.

I'll look into it, but I don't want to rip them off either.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  03:02:11  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My plan is that the city will reflect Sharess' complex history in the design of the city, including the fact that its in the feywild is due to fusing with Zandilar, while having a very egyptian feywild feel, but also with dangerous Imaskari strongholds nearby, so on one level its a party town, like Los Vegas, New Orleans during Mardi Gras,or Miami during spring break, or Toronto during gay pride and Carabana, just like the original Bubastis.

But under that facade is military steel, because its under threat from multiple sources. So its party town part military outpost.

Edited by - Gyor on 20 Aug 2016 03:04:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000