Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Where is Shadowbane?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malaugryn
Acolyte

Portugal
8 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  19:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Malaugryn's Homepage Send Malaugryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there more Shadowbane novels in sight? I really loved that hero, and the way his adventures were written are probably the best in the realms!

Malaugryn Glaundra

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  20:20:32  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the current Realms novel line is 99.9% focused on Drizzt, Elminster, and Farideh.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Malaugryn
Acolyte

Portugal
8 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  20:38:50  Show Profile  Visit Malaugryn's Homepage Send Malaugryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:( I love the stories about Drizzt (I prefer Entreri though :P), Elminster and the brimstone angels, but I really miss the stories about the "little" guys like shadowbane, the harpers, etc.

Malaugryn Glaundra
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  20:48:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malaugryn

I really miss the stories about the "little" guys like shadowbane, the harpers, etc.

You are far from the only one.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  21:05:32  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right now he is living rent free, but a little cramped in the mind of Erik Scott de Bie........hopefully he is allowed out again.

I liked most everything about those novels.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  21:30:16  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Malaugryn

I really miss the stories about the "little" guys like shadowbane, the harpers, etc.

You are far from the only one.

So true.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  11:07:35  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah I was at the local book store and looked at the FR section, it was quite literally 2 elminister books (the 2 latest) and Drizzt drizzt drizzt.
it's a far cry from the glory days of FR novels where there was a wide varity of authors and characters
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  15:32:53  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barnes & Noble is bad about the Drizztfest with the novels. Dude is a cash cow.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2016 :  18:47:06  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I miss the Shadowbane novels, too. Heck, I miss all the novels/series that are no longer being produced, but none of the other authors are currently contracted to write FR.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Malaugryn
Acolyte

Portugal
8 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  17:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Malaugryn's Homepage Send Malaugryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We should do a petition so they could be hired to write for FR again.

Malaugryn Glaundra
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  17:57:36  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Indeed. If it weren't for the numbers Salvatore does, I think WOTC would have packed up the novel line a few years ago.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  22:29:12  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Indeed. If it weren't for the numbers Salvatore does, I think WOTC would have packed up the novel line a few years ago.

Except for the ones Ed writes that they have to publish in order to hold the rights.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  00:05:39  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5e was supposed to be a golden age, the mechanics are great. Instead its fallen into a dark age. #bitterdisappointment
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2016 :  18:57:33  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious: what questons would you most want answered in the next Shadowbane novel? For me, I would say:

1) What exactly is Myrin, and who made her that way?

2) What is Lilten's purpose in wanting Myrin so badly?

3) Who has actually been granting Shadowbane his powers all this time?

4) How did Ilira and Lilten betray Erevan Ilesere?

5) Once Manshoon realizes what Myrin is, and that she still lives in Westgate, will he make a play for her?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2016 :  18:56:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, all--

Just wanted to let you know, WotC might not be currently publishing Shadowbane (or much of any fiction these days), but I'm still here, and I'm still planning to write more about Shadowbane eventually. (And Shadowbane: Kingdom of Night answers 3 of those questions definitively and 2 of them partially.)

Would folks be interested in seeing some stuff on the DM's Guild? Just hypothetically.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2016 :  19:09:37  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested to see it published, period.

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2016 :  03:21:37  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
Would folks be interested in seeing some stuff on the DM's Guild? Just hypothetically.

Yes!
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2016 :  08:57:08  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only if it were easily kindle compatible. I don't novels on a screen, only paper or e-paper

Edited by - Mirtek on 24 Sep 2016 08:58:57
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2016 :  17:47:46  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not particularly fond of reading them on the screen, either. I prefer print of ereader.

Go to Top of Page

Mith
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2016 :  19:33:25  Show Profile Send Mith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

I think the current Realms novel line is 99.9% focused on Drizzt, Elminster, and Farideh.

If WotC is really moving along like that, they're going to sink their own market (again). You can't carry an entire setting based on three characters, who most certainly can't appeal to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2016 :  19:51:38  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mith

quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

If WotC is really moving along like that, they're going to sink their own market (again). You can't carry an entire setting based on three characters, who most certainly can't appeal to everyone.

In fact thay aren't. They apparently think of novels as a money sink, and there won't be any more Realms novels for the time being (unless the movie does really well).

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2016 :  00:11:17  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Well met, all--

Just wanted to let you know, WotC might not be currently publishing Shadowbane (or much of any fiction these days), but I'm still here, and I'm still planning to write more about Shadowbane eventually. (And Shadowbane: Kingdom of Night answers 3 of those questions definitively and 2 of them partially.)

Cheers

Yes.
Go to Top of Page

Malaugryn
Acolyte

Portugal
8 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2016 :  20:12:15  Show Profile  Visit Malaugryn's Homepage Send Malaugryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm eager for more shadowbane, I really love the characters around this story!!

Malaugryn Glaundra
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000