Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novel Launch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  10:34:11  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
(this is not really Realms related, but for lack of any more suitable option, I decided to post it here, mods, feel free to move it)

Well met sages of Candlekeep,

it's been a while. Some of you may remember me from the olden days, I RANTed a few times, created a fun "news show," was at times controversial, started a rather long running thread(until it devolved into something strange)...

With that being said, some of you know or were aware of me also being a writer. Yes, it is fantasy. No, it isn't Realms related. Yes, it is any good. Yes, it is in English.

Now, after many trials and tribulations, I have finally released it. As ebook and print version. It's self-published, which might be a problem for some, but given that Fifty Shades got a publishing deal and sold millions, having a publishing deal is not really an indicator of quality.

Initially on board was Candlekeep's own Markustay for map making, sadly he's been awol for nigh 4 weeks now, and after people kept asking and asking, I decided to shop for another artist. This does not mean Markustay is out, there are more books to come and I hope he still wants to be part of it the same way I want him to be a part of this endeavor.

Some following Ed on facebook might have noticed him recommending the book there this weekend. To me that's a major seal of approval, but I'd still want to read the book myself to form my own opinion. (Given that I read it several times during rewrites, let me tell you, it really kicks ass!)

It is fantasy. It has more in common with A Song of Ice and Fire than any Realms novel, so it might not be everyone's cuppa tea. Instead of copy/pasting the reviews already posted on amazon (both .com and .co.uk) I'll just link you the one site that holds both reviews and gives you 3.5 sample chapters. Decide for yourself.

You can also visit and like my author site on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ralchanh/

Thank you for reading this wall o'text.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shattered-Dreams-Light-Dark-Book-ebook/dp/B01HBPR8GK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467019978&sr=8-1&keywords=shattered+dreams+ulff+lehmann

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  11:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any luck in the search for another artist/cartographer?

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  12:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adhriva

Any luck in the search for another artist/cartographer?

Yes, the cover was done by a friend of mine, and the map by a Turkish graphic artist in record time. Thanks for asking

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000