Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Question regarding The Neverwinter series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cyric78
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  02:51:57  Show Profile Send Cyric78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was hoping to finish at least a couple of the Neverwinter Novels before the ganes launches on the PS 4.. Right now, I'm currently almost finished reading, The Orc King,, with two more books left to complete until I even start reading Book 1 of the Neverwinter Series..

Heres my question, even though I'm 99% sure it's stupid to even ask... Would it be dumb to jump right to Gauntlgrym without starting The Pirate and Ghost King??

The reason I ask is because it's a prequel to, Neverwinter the game. So, I started to think it may be possible that the Neverwinter Series may not be tied together with Transitions and the rest of the Drizzt novels...

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  04:45:04  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually you can do that pretty easily if I remember correctly. Those two novels show the world changing from the Spellplague and Neverwinter starts Drizzt off with some new companions for a while. Its been a while, and I may be incorrect but I say go ahead and skip.
Go to Top of Page

Madpig
Learned Scribe

Finland
148 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  06:54:57  Show Profile Send Madpig a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you should read Ghost King. It explains quite lot of things. There are plothooks that revolve around things started in TGK.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  14:14:58  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with what Madpig said.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric78
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2016 :  04:06:48  Show Profile Send Cyric78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, thank you for the replies! I'll continue to read the novels in order. Just was hoping I could put the last two on hold and read through Neverwinter before the game is released on the PS4... Ahh well,,, guess that was wishful thinking on my part... :/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000