Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Devil You Know - Erin Evans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2016 :  23:42:35  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was browsing Amazon when I came across this - it appears to be the title and release date (October 4) of Erin Evans' next Farideh novel:

https://www.amazon.com/Devil-You-Know-Farideh/dp/0786965940/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466116767&sr=1-6&keywords=erin+m+evans

(Apologies to the mods if this has already been posted elsewhere.)

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2016 :  20:19:20  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm excited for this

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2016 :  15:32:25  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me too.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2016 :  16:57:34  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"SYNOPSIS

The long-awaited finale of SCRIBE award winning-author Erin M. Evans’s riveting Brimstone Angels series, featuring her signature character, Farideh, as she’s caught up in an epic battle of good versus evil, rife with deception and intrigue, where the question is as much who is evil, as how they can be defeated.

In the long-awaited finale of her riveting Brimstone Angels series, Erin M. Evans thrusts her signature character Farideh into an epic battle of good versus evil, rife with deception and intrigue, where the question is as much who is evil, as how they can be defeated. The stakes have never been higher, and the fallout will shake the Hells, and through them, the Forgotten Realms.

Before Farideh took a devil’s pact, before she was Chosen by the god-king of the Hells, before any of this started, there was Bryseis Kakistos, the original Brimstone Angel, first of Farideh’s line. Now, at the end, there is also Bryseis Kakistos—but this time, instead of helping the king of the Hells achieve godhood, she’s going to kill him. All she needs is a little help from Farideh—which she should, by all accounts, be happy to give. After all, who could object to killing the king of the Hells? Except, it turns out, Farideh. Because as always, things are far more complicated than they seem.

“The Realms have gone through many changes in the past few years, but Erin Evans proves that its heart is still in the same place. Many writers set novels there; a few inhabit it. I get the impression Erin could draw you a map of Suzail as easily as she could direct you to the nearest Starbucks.”

—Elaine Cunningham [on the Brimstone Angels Saga]

"Mystery, momentum, surprise turns, and wonderful character arcs – Evans’ writing is masterful and compelling."               

—Howard Andrew Jones (http://www.howardandrewjones.com)"

Found this on DnDs site.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2016 :  17:05:27  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an excerpt: http://slushlush.com/2016/08/the-devil-you-know/

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  01:49:09  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just really hope she ends up with Dahl in the end. Lorcan is like the abusive boyfriend that Farideh just keeps going back to even though the readers and the other characters in the novels think she should never be with Lorcan.

Also does anyone know if Erin plans to create anymore characters after she resigns Farideh?
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  21:07:30  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm rooting for Lorcan, I feel bad for him, he had such abusive sisters and mother.
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  18:57:52  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really, really despise Lorcan... what he did to Dahl makes him irredeemable, IMO. Which goes to show that Erin is a great writer, if she can make you feel that strongly about her characters. I hope this isn't the end for her in the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  21:19:13  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look at the position Lorcan has been in since birth, never ending abuse from his mother and countless sisters, having to listen to the tormented screams of the damned all his life, surrounded by death and destroyed souled, treachery, and betrayal since birth.

All he's had to look forward to is suffering and fear and violence and damnation and ultrapowerful evil that could wipe him from existance in an instant.

Has Lorcan done evil things, yes, but what choice did he have?

It doesn't make what Lorcan did right, or fair, or excusible, but it does make it understandable.

I like Dahl but he'll get over Faridah, while Lorcan NEEDS her, she's his only hope for redemption and freedom. Without her Lorcan never really had a chance at any hope or future.

So yeah, despite doing some really nasty things, I'm on team Lorcan.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2016 :  03:54:34  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Look at the position Lorcan has been in since birth, never ending abuse from his mother and countless sisters, having to listen to the tormented screams of the damned all his life, surrounded by death and destroyed souled, treachery, and betrayal since birth.

All he's had to look forward to is suffering and fear and violence and damnation and ultrapowerful evil that could wipe him from existance in an instant.

It doesn't make what Lorcan did right, or fair, or excusible, but it does make it understandable.

I like Dahl but he'll get over Faridah, while Lorcan NEEDS her, she's his only hope for redemption and freedom. Without her Lorcan never really had a chance at any hope or future.

Team Lorcan? Sigh....

The twilight comparisons lol
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2016 :  04:18:18  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pre-ordered!
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  16:51:30  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:

Team Lorcan? Sigh....

The twilight comparisons lol

I've never seen twilight and I'm insulted to be accoitacted with sparkly vampires.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  17:55:09  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

While I agree about Lorcan's terrible upbringing in the Hells, all your concern seems to be for him. I don't care if being with Farideh makes Lorcan a better person. What does it do for Farideh? What makes her happy? Who is the best choice for her to have a great relationship?

Plus, Lorcan's still a devil. Half devil, sure, but as hard as he might try, Lorcan isn't capable of being a great guy who's good for Farideh. Lorcan at his best is like Jarlaxle when we first meet him in the RAS books; not completely evil, but extremely selfish, always manipulative, and a willing troublemaker in any situation.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  00:01:18  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lorcan's the source of her powers, he shapeshift (use your imagination), so he has alot to offer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000