Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Zak and Jarlaxle back story info.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  10:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So it seems like this is a no go for now, I'm hoping its temporary but it might tie in to the post in a nother thread about WoTC getting rid of novels(if i read that correctly). Below is a link to a tweet that Bob responded to a fan when asked about the story. He basically says it's not happening.
https://twitter.com/r_a_salvatore/status/738698539820277760

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  14:18:07  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why on earth would Salvatore want to write about something that a bunch of us actually care about when he can continue to churn out the same book/storyline repeatedly? I'm not an author, but I would imagine that copy/pasting is much easier than writing something new.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede

Edited by - Artemas Entreri on 07 Jun 2016 14:18:32
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  14:23:22  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

So it seems like this is a no go for now, I'm hoping its temporary but it might tie in to the post in a nother thread about WoTC getting rid of novels(if i read that correctly). Below is a link to a tweet that Bob responded to a fan when asked about the story. He basically says it's not happening.
https://twitter.com/r_a_salvatore/status/738698539820277760

This is not really new, but thanks for the info. Many authors have said that WotC's stance firmly is ''no going back to the past''.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  19:31:33  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a short story, somewhere, about them.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  20:57:10  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's a shame really. Cormyr: a Novel, and Evermeet: Island of the Elves, are some of my favorite FR books. I'd love to see RA Salvatore take that approuch to a Drizzt book
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  22:57:01  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've already stated my opinions about this in the past (or anything concerning Zak) in previous threads, so I'll refrain for now ;P

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  05:56:20  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
honestly the refusal to revisit the past seems a tad silly, I bet they could make good money by exploring the past. hell publish a crown wars campaign book, I bet it'd be suprisingly popular
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  14:41:03  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrianDavion

honestly the refusal to revisit the past seems a tad silly, I bet they could make good money by exploring the past. hell publish a crown wars campaign book, I bet it'd be suprisingly popular

It just proves how out of touch companies can be with their customers.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  15:48:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:
Originally posted by BrianDavion

It just proves how out of touch companies can be with their customers.

Not necessarily... It could simply be that the majority of fans would prefer content that moves forward, not backwards.

For me, the reason I'm no longer a Dragonlance fan is because at the time, we had the Chronicles and the Legends trilogies -- and then they simply stopped moving forward, and it became "hey, let's tell backstories of the main characters that are never referenced anywhere else, and let's also go into the distant past!"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CTrunks
Acolyte

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2016 :  12:28:42  Show Profile Send CTrunks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While it's disappointing... a part of me would rather not know. It's like when things are mentioned about a setting's past, and it's this really mysterious thing you want to learn more about, and not just from one person's biased recollection.

But then, you actually get it. Sometimes, it still works. Other times... it's the Prequel Trilogy, or Enterprise.
Go to Top of Page

strafer
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  04:51:33  Show Profile Send strafer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder of Ryld is a homage to Zak.
Go to Top of Page

strafer
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  04:52:53  Show Profile Send strafer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  14:15:39  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by strafer

I doubt it. Ryld more likely represents the no small number of disenfranchised male drow that'd only pay lip service/fake devotion to Lolth. If anything, it's unrealistic for a whole category of people that the dominant faith and/or belief puts on a lower level than another group of people to not be disgruntled by their status. Honestly, Bob's portrayal of characters like Zak and Drizzt being the rare outliers is unrealistic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000