Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Deadpool build
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2016 :  19:31:27  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Stats,class, feats, magic items... Any edition. Ideas?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 23 May 2016 00:52:43

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  00:27:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A highly dexterous fighter with insanely high Constitution and insanely low Charisma, to start.

...And he knows he's a D&D character.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 23 May 2016 00:31:31
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  00:57:06  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does he know that he is, in fact, played by another?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  02:34:48  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He'd have to be able to roll his own dice. That's the equivalent of breaking the 4th wall.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  04:34:38  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can get the basic Deadpool powers down at level 1 in 3.5e if you take 2 flaws (from Unearthed Arcana).

Flaw bonus feat 1: Willing Deformity (Heroes of Horror) - +3 to intimidate checks.
Flaw bonus feat 2: Deformity [Madness] (Elder Evils) - -4 profane penalty to Wisdom; gain immunity to all mind-affecting spells & effects. Willing Deformity is a prerequisite.
Human lvl 1 bonus feat: Toughness (Player's Handbook) - +3hp.
PC lvl 1 feat: Troll Blooded (Dragon #319) - Grants regeneration 1. Toughness is a prerequisite.

After that, you still need to deaden his pain, up his resistance to poison and make him as dextrous and tough as you can, but that's the easy part IMO. Make his first 2 levels Hexblade. Hexblade's Curse represents him distracting his opponent with excessive talking and Mettle represents his ability to ignore all but the worst pain. After that I'd probably switch to Fighter and focus him on combat feats. Magic items can be used to rep his superpowers stats and improve his healing factor.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 23 May 2016 15:27:14
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  05:05:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the movie, he wasn't really resistant to pain. He still felt it quite readily... It was AjaxFrancis who didn't feel pain.

I don't know if that was the case for the comics. I didn't read that title for long, and that was a long time ago.

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  15:26:30  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

In the movie, he wasn't really resistant to pain. He still felt it quite readily... It was AjaxFrancis who didn't feel pain.

I don't know if that was the case for the comics. I didn't read that title for long, and that was a long time ago.

Yeah, in the comics he's definitely inured to pain. He still feels it but rather than screaming like most people would do, he's more likely to start chanting "ow."

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11692 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  01:35:30  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

You can get the basic Deadpool powers down at level 1 in 3.5e if you take 2 flaws (from Unearthed Arcana).

Flaw bonus feat 1: Willing Deformity (Heroes of Horror) - +3 to intimidate checks.
Flaw bonus feat 2: Deformity [Madness] (Elder Evils) - -4 profane penalty to Wisdom; gain immunity to all mind-affecting spells & effects. Willing Deformity is a prerequisite.
Human lvl 1 bonus feat: Toughness (Player's Handbook) - +3hp.
PC lvl 1 feat: Troll Blooded (Dragon #319) - Grants regeneration 1. Toughness is a prerequisite.

After that, you still need to deaden his pain, up his resistance to poison and make him as dextrous and tough as you can, but that's the easy part IMO. Make his first 2 levels Hexblade. Hexblade's Curse represents him distracting his opponent with excessive talking and Mettle represents his ability to ignore all but the worst pain. After that I'd probably switch to Fighter and focus him on combat feats. Magic items can be used to rep his superpowers stats and improve his healing factor.

I'd probably stick a couple rogue levels in there too (for evasion and sneak attack and the skill sets).

There's also this feat from Fiendish Codex II

RAPID REGENERATION
You regenerate more rapidly.
Prerequisite: Regeneration ability.
Benefit: The amount of nonlethal damage removed by
your regeneration ability increases by 1.
Special: You can select this feat multiple times. Its effects
stack.

For those really looking to twist the rules, there's the below

regeneration: The ability of some creatures to regrow severed
body parts and ruined organs, repair broken bones, and heal other
damage. Severed body parts that are not reattached simply die, and
the regenerating creature grows replacements at a rate specified in
the individual spell or monster description. Most damage dealt to a naturally regenerating creature is treated as nonlethal damage,
which heals at a fixed rate
. However, certain attack forms (typically fire and acid) deal damage that does not convert to nonlethal damage. Such damage is not regenerated. Regeneration does not alter conditions that do not deal damage in hit points, such as
poisoning or disintegration.

Also, from Cityscape there's the Crimson Scourge prestige class. This class at level 8 gets deadened hide.

Deadened Hide (Ex): Upon reaching 8th level, you
become immune to nonlethal damage and to spells or
effects that inflict or manipulate pain (DM’s discretion).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  01:53:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rapid regen ant the deformities are awesome. Early in his comic career he had a teleportation device.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  01:59:19  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that combination sounds broken as hell. You can just stack resistance to fire and acid and become basically immune to damage.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  01:59:44  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is also said to carry a "magic satchel" Bag of holding?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  02:03:49  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Wow, that combination sounds broken as hell. You can just stack resistance to fire and acid and become basically immune to damage.

How would you stack those resistances, Ire? Magic items?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  02:05:52  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:

How would you stack those resistances, Ire? Magic items?

Magic items, spells (IIRC, there are some spells that give flat out immunity to certain types of damage).

Edited by - Irennan on 24 May 2016 02:06:57
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  04:09:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow, that combination sounds broken as hell.

"Broken" is pretty much the default setting if you're trying to make D&D versions of superheroes.

Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  04:18:57  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the line in the movie about his regeneration ability. I don't remember the line exactly, but Ajax says to Deadpool: "I'll cut you up so much that instead of you regenerating pieces, pieces will regenerate you."

- Ryan

Edited by - Rymac on 24 May 2016 04:19:52
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  04:25:57  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Wow, that combination sounds broken as hell.

"Broken" is pretty much the default setting if you're trying to make D&D versions of superheroes.

Well, true, but whatever weird build any character might have to take to get there, the ability to say ''I'm immune'' to most of the stuff that one can throw at them sounds pretty broken. Although it'd also be pretty hilarious indeed.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2016 :  08:12:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made using Modern d20 rules. Used seventh level as an indication that most common people are 1st level npcs.

Deadpool; CR 7
Male human strong hero 4/ soldier 3
N Medium humanoid
Init +4; Senses Listen +4, Spot +4
Languages Common/English, Korean, Russian
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AC  22, touch 14, flat-footed 18
(+5 class, +4 Dex, +3 armor)
HP 65 (7 HD)
Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +2
Speed  30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee katana +12/+7 (2d6 + 8/19-20) or
Melee katana +10/+5 (2d6 + 8/19-20) and Glock 17 +10 (2d6/x2) with Two-Weapon Fighting
Melee unarmed strike +11/+6 (1d4 + 5/x2) or
Melee katana +11/+6 (2d6 + 8/19-20) and unarmed strike +9 (1d4 + 4/x2) with Two-Weapon Fighting
Ranged Glock 17 +12/+7 (2d6/x2) or
Ranged Glock 17 +10/+5 (2d6/x2) and Glock 17 +10 (2d6/x2) with Two-Weapon Fighting
Ranged M4 Carbine +11/+6 (2d8/x2) or
Ranged M4 Carbine +12/+7 (2d8/x2) against armored targets
Ranged Barrett light fifty +11/+6 (2d12/x3)
Base Atk +7; Grp  +11
Atk Options Combat Reflexes, Double Tap (-2 attack, +1 damage die)
Combat gear 170 (10 clips) .9mm hollow point rounds, 90 (3 clips) of 5.56 armor piercing rounds, 4 fragmentation grenades, 1 smoke grenade
Abilities Str 18, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 9
SQ improved melee smash (+2 damage), regeneration 10
Feats Armor Proficiency (light), Combat Martial Arts*, Double Tap, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (katana), Personal Firearms Proficiency*, Simple Weapon Proficiency*, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (katana)*, Weapon Specialization (katana)*
* Bonus Feat
Skills  Climb +9, Demolitions +3, Drive +4, Hide +9, Intimidate +4, Jump +9, Knowledge (tactics) +6, Listen +4, Move Silently +9, Navigate +1, Repair +2, Spot +4, Survival +3, Swim +4
Possessions combat gear plus two Glock 17s, katana, M4 Carbine with silencer and standard scope, light vest, knife, 255 (15 clips) of .9mm hollow point rounds, 150 (5 clips) of 5.56
armor piercing rounds, 50 (10 clips) rounds of .50 ammunition, black and red suit.

Edited by - Diffan on 25 May 2016 15:35:32
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11692 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2016 :  12:16:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yep, and that's why I put the statement about twisting the rules. I'd end up making the statement about non-lethal damage change in the regeneration rules.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2016 :  22:03:07  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Half-troll/red dragon

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2016 :  22:07:55  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the regen 10, Diffan. How'd you get there?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2016 :  22:51:18  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

I like the regen 10, Diffan. How'd you get there?

Heh, I didn't use any official capacity if that's what you mean. I basically just added it in because he'said a mutant. I guess I should change him to an Augmented Humanoid to show that. And Regeneration 10 is enough to be good but not so bad that he can't be takeN down by overwhelming odds.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2016 :  19:56:21  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There were feats in 3.5E PHBII that gave a character fast healing. I don't remember what they were called atm...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2016 :  21:04:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

There were feats in 3.5E PHBII that gave a character fast healing. I don't remember what they were called atm...

Combat Vigor. Gave you fast healing 2 but if you had I believe 3 or more combat feats, increased it to fast healing 4.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2016 :  00:02:04  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew it was something like that. One of the players in a game I was DM'ing played a psychic warrior/fighter multi-class. Dude built a tank...

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2016 :  01:06:13  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I knew it was something like that. One of the players in a game I was DM'ing played a psychic warrior/fighter multi-class. Dude built a tank...

Sounds cool. I always wanted to try out the Combat Form feats because they added a bit more oomph but then Tome of Battle came out with the Warblade and it pretty much removed the need for the Fighter altogether. I guess I could still grab the Combat form feats though...
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2016 :  03:26:37  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a Hobgoblin Diamond Mind/Iron Heart Warblade I played in 2008. Enlarged, Human Bane Greatsword, in the punishing stance. Mithral Tornado or Adamantine Hurricane was the Bomb. I never used Iron Heart Surge. I had it. I liked the Diamond Mind Counters. He was bad.

Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 27 May 2016 03:27:42
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2016 :  15:47:18  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I had a Hobgoblin Diamond Mind/Iron Heart Warblade I played in 2008. Enlarged, Human Bane Greatsword, in the punishing stance. Mithral Tornado or Adamantine Hurricane was the Bomb. I never used Iron Heart Surge. I had it. I liked the Diamond Mind Counters. He was bad.

Ehh...I never liked the Tome of Battle. DnD 3.5 could get seriously imbalanced but the Tome just made it REALLY easy for even the most casual player to give DMs nightmares.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2016 :  21:34:51  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

quote:

Ehh...I never liked the Tome of Battle. DnD 3.5 could get seriously imbalanced but the Tome just made it REALLY easy for even the most casual player to give DMs nightmares.

Not to derail the discussion but balance was pretty much broken just using the core PHB and either the Druid or Wizard class. As for casual players, do we really think system mastery was really a good thing?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2016 :  02:58:30  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol I was overpowered cause I could fight well...

Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 28 May 2016 02:58:46
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2016 :  19:03:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lol I was overpowered cause I could fight well...

From my experiences broken is usually when a character can end an encounter by using one or two resources or in a round. By doing lots of damage, it can be achieved, but I feel it's harder. Throwing down hindering statuses and/or completely negating attacks or monster actions is far more effective and easier to achieve with spells alone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000