Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Some questions...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2016 :  10:05:59  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I everyone,

I am still working on my campaign in the past of Faerun so I open here a scroll just to ask some questions.

I am working currently on the tiny links between Chondath and Sembia and their common past. I have a question on the year 680 DR

680 DR [Year of the Long March]
Chondath mercenary forces begin the long march home after ensuring the collapse of the second Untheric Empire. »

Why those mercenaries have left Unther ? Because they have been hired by the country to fight their local enemy such Mulhorand or the league of Samathar ?

Or they came from some border fighting with the Chondath to the control of the Chondalwood may be ?

Edited by - Evrat on 21 May 2016 10:07:16

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2016 :  11:08:01  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a fair bit of work on the old empires so ill see if i can find you an answer (or give you my interpretation of it). But it'll have to wait until sunday night (saturday is wife night)

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2016 :  12:28:16  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry... no rush :)
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  20:36:03  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay here is what I have regarding timelines.

677 DR Year of Resonant Silence: Gilgeam of Unther sends a naval armada to crush the rebellious Wizards’ Reach. The Untheric fleet suffers terrible losses in a great storm and turns back without landing.
679 DR Year of the Scarlet Sash: Unther recognises the League of Samathar. Unther never recovers from the long, costly campaign to retain the Wizards’ Reach, and the Second Untheric Empire ends.
End of the Second Untheric Empire
680 DR Year of the Long March: Chondath mercenary forces begin the long march home after ensuring the collapse of the second Untheric Empire.

I reckon there is a fairly concrete link there between the cessation of the Wizards Coast cities from Unther and the formation of the League of Samathar and the Empire of Unther hiring mercenaries from Chondath to deal with them (a conflict stretching nearly 2 centuries).

For my alternate dimensions project I had a sizable proportion of the mercenaries remain in Chessenta (because of troubles in Chondath) and that is the beginning of how Chessenta became contested territory.

Of course the most obvious link between Chondath and Sembia is that Chondath founded the cities on the Sembian coast and (not sure of the date but probably around 300 DR) and then they gain independence from Chondath in 902 DR.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page