Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Maestro on Kindle/ebook
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iahn Qoyllor
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  09:01:04  Show Profile Send Iahn Qoyllor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi Guys,

Sorry for sounding thicker than a clotted cream sponge pudding, however I can't find Maestro on Amazon Kindle or as an ebook - am I being really thick here, and if so can someone please send me a link for this?

Cheers!

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  10:01:54  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really hope they are releasing it in kindle, high price or not
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  17:40:07  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BRFKMGI/ref=s9_newr_gw_d99_g351_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-3&pf_rd_r=0WABCTSMS1H2TVKVRK62&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2437869462&pf_rd_i=desktop
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  19:19:09  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BRFKMGI/ref=s9_newr_gw_d99_g351_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-3&pf_rd_r=0WABCTSMS1H2TVKVRK62&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2437869462&pf_rd_i=desktop

At least it's selectable again, but it still says not available for purchase at the moment
Go to Top of Page

DandelionClock
Seeker

67 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  20:02:23  Show Profile Send DandelionClock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it already April 5th where you are? (Who knows, it might be.) Until then, it's not available, or not even shown in the kindle section (as is the case over here right now).
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  20:16:54  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DandelionClock

Is it already April 5th where you are? (Who knows, it might be.) Until then, it's not available, or not even shown in the kindle section (as is the case over here right now).
Normally you can preorder as soon as the site for the kindle version is up and it's transfered automatically at 00:01

This time it simply says "This title is not currently available for purchase"

Edited by - Mirtek on 04 Apr 2016 20:17:32
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  20:41:08  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The e-book option doesn't even appear for me.

I already bought the hardcover though. Going to take at least a week to arrive, but that's the price to pay to be able to keep reading physical books.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  21:44:19  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

quote:

Normally you can preorder as soon as the site for the kindle version is up and it's transfered automatically at 00:01

Where are you in the world? I'm in the U.S. and am an Amazon Prime Customer. I can preorder it right now.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  21:59:05  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Where are you in the world? I'm in the U.S. and am an Amazon Prime Customer. I can preorder it right now.

Guess than it's a geoblock. Can't preorder at amazon.com from Germany and amazon.de has not yet realized that the kindle version is available again :(

I hope that this is only temporarily due to being removed and only recently made available again and not because Wotc is back to the same licensing issues that caused their ebooks to be unavailable outside of the US when they first started with ebooks

Edited by - Mirtek on 04 Apr 2016 22:00:47
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  23:40:21  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Guess than it's a geoblock. Can't preorder at amazon.com from Germany and amazon.de has not yet realized that the kindle version is available again :(

I hope that this is only temporarily due to being removed and only recently made available again and not because Wotc is back to the same licensing issues that caused their ebooks to be unavailable outside of the US when they first started with ebooks

Oh yeah, given the shit show that is global publishing I'm not surprised it's not available at the same time globally. Sucks.

Edited by - Caolin on 04 Apr 2016 23:40:41
Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  02:08:14  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... look at that. The price dropped back to $15. What a nice surprise. That means I can order the E-book again now.
Go to Top of Page

DandelionClock
Seeker

67 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  06:29:28  Show Profile Send DandelionClock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh. Same here, after all. Not again!
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  08:05:28  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Oh yeah, given the shit show that is global publishing I'm not surprised it's not available at the same time globally. Sucks.

for the past couple of years they managed to release on time. Given the time difference even a few hours earlier than in the US

Edited by - Mirtek on 05 Apr 2016 08:06:03
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  15:13:09  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol. Okay then, spoilers!!!!.
I had the Arc but have refrained from talking about the book.

Ok. Ill say I enjoyed the book. Bob, please don't take this personally regading one point. I will write a big long review praising the things I love about this book. In fact, it is half done.

Drizzt fighting Demogorgon in single combat was incredible bullcrap and made him seem like a bigger demon Errtu rather than the superforce he is. The real Demogorgon stops time, farts poison gas and just about anything else other than straight physical combat against an illusive knat of an enemy

The Mary Sue way Drizzt killed him was well done and spectacular, but it is still going to get complaints about being a Mary sue way to kill an iconic villain.

I.E Kimmuriel + Gromph + an illithid hive mind give Drizzt the biggest Kinetic barrier ever and have the entire city shoot spells at Drizzt until he had the power of a mythellar in his scimitar basically. He then does a superman leap stab into Demogorgon's middle killing him in one blow. Not only would a being as powerful as Demogorgon sense it, but he would stop time and teleport away from the blow haha. But he just stands there and takes it. you don't become the baddest Demon in the abyss by being stupid and underestimating enemies.

If it had come on the tail end of Demogorgon fighting all of Menzo, then sure. But he was kinda just standing around in a cavern doing nothing when Drizzt went to find him

Other than that, I loved most of the book. The now adult revived Yvonel the Eternal(Cast spells to age herself to 20 LOL) is a complete awesome supervillain.

I expected more, well, being a manipulative Maestro out of Jarlaxle this book given the title tho.

Edited by - Firestorm on 05 Apr 2016 15:14:04
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  15:25:16  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Ok. Ill say I enjoyed the book. Bob, please don't take this personally regading one point. I will write a big long review praising the things I love about this book. In fact, it is half done.

Drizzt fighting Demogorgon in single combat was incredible bullcrap and made him seem like a bigger demon Errtu rather than the superforce he is. The real Demogorgon stops time, farts poison gas and just about anything else other than straight physical combat against an illusive knat of an enemy

The Mary Sue way Drizzt killed him was well done and spectacular, but it is still going to get complaints about being a Mary sue way to kill an iconic villain.

I.E Kimmuriel + Gromph + an illithid hive mind give Drizzt the biggest Kinetic barrier ever and have the entire city shoot spells at Drizzt until he had the power of a mythellar in his scimitar basically. He then does a superman leap stab into Demogorgon's middle killing him in one blow. Not only would a being as powerful as Demogorgon sense it, but he would stop time and teleport away from the blow haha. But he just stands there and takes it. you don't become the baddest Demon in the abyss by being stupid and underestimating enemies.

If it had come on the tail end of Demogorgon fighting all of Menzo, then sure. But he was kinda just standing around in a cavern doing nothing when Drizzt went to find him

Other than that, I loved most of the book. The now adult revived Yvonel the Eternal(Cast spells to age herself to 20 LOL) is a complete awesome supervillain.

I expected more, well, being a manipulative Maestro out of Jarlaxle this book given the title tho.

(Spoilers) What kind of artifacts was Drizzt wielding to store all those spells? A ring of spell storing on crack, or something like that?

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2016 :  07:11:41  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sucks so much. I could buy the hardcover or audible immediately. Even preorder an audio-CD but no kindle edition available. Even called amazon customer service and they were useless :(

Whatever transpired between WotC, Salvatore and Penguin house, they seem to have forgotten that there is a world outside of the USA

Edited by - Mirtek on 07 Apr 2016 07:12:35
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2016 :  07:36:32  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've finished the ARC, and will get the kindle e-book.

Overall, I liked it a lot. As I mentioned in the spoiler-tastic thread:
(spoilers)
I thought that the 'all-new' Yvonnel was the best thing in the book. I hope Bob doesn't kill her off. She's like a more powerful, nastier version of Liriel.

I found Cattie-Brie's moralizing eye-rollingly annoying (as did the Harpells), although now I think about it, it might explain Gromph's interest in her (i.e. can he taint someone so 'pure').

Drizzt vs. the big baddie was about as I expected.

Go to Top of Page

Sev
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  23:54:42  Show Profile Send Sev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you can't get the Kindle edition because of your location there is in fact a workaround. You just proxy your IP to US (tor works fine, set "ExitNodes {US}" in torrc file), go to amazon change your country to US (you'll need matching state and zip code; California 95551 should work). And that's it, buy your book. Then just change your country and address back.

Edited by - Sev on 18 Apr 2016 23:55:33
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2016 :  00:18:07  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sev

If you can't get the Kindle edition because of your location there is in fact a workaround. You just proxy your IP to US (tor works fine, set "ExitNodes {US}" in torrc file), go to amazon change your country to US (you'll need matching state and zip code; California 95551 should work). And that's it, buy your book. Then just change your country and address back.

I already tried to go to amazon.com with an US based proxy (but beyond that didn't do any other changes to my account information) and was able to put it into my basket. But on checkout it told me my kindle was registered in germany.

Do I only have to change my delivery adress or do some kind of re-registration on my kindle as well?

I don't need it on my PC or tablet, most important is to get in on my paperwhite

Edited by - Mirtek on 19 Apr 2016 00:29:22
Go to Top of Page

Sev
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2016 :  22:49:01  Show Profile Send Sev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sev

I already tried to go to amazon.com with an US based proxy (but beyond that didn't do any other changes to my account information) and was able to put it into my basket. But on checkout it told me my kindle was registered in germany.

Do I only have to change my delivery adress or do some kind of re-registration on my kindle as well?

I don't need it on my PC or tablet, most important is to get in on my paperwhite

Changing the country of Amazon account should be enough, you just have to make up some nonsense address for like 2 minutes. About kindle I wouldn't know as i use kindle app on iPad, but I don't think it would be necessary.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2016 :  11:48:38  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the meantime i had 2 calls with amazon (germany) and three emails with WotC customer service (UK based).

Amazon and WotC we're happily blaming each other and final result is the WotC guy promising to ask their amazon liaison to talk to amazon.

U'll guess if that doesn't do anything i'll have to wait for the paperback
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  00:10:08  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A week has passed, nothing moved on the ebook front outside the US.

wasn't there a big thread some time ago about this topic?
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2016 :  22:32:41  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At long last it finally arrived on amazon.de

I like to think my constant nagging at Amazon, WotC and finally Penguin Random House had something to do with this, but it's probably unrelated
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2016 :  23:26:15  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

He should just have shrugged off the blow and continued his rampage.

In Kemp's novel a "mere" quasideity is hit by the full power of a mythallar channeld as a psychic blast and all that only stuns the deity for a few moments
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000