Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Moonblades
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Lord Entrails
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  22:30:44  Show Profile Send Lord Entrails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine, do you have an expected release/publish date for this yet?
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2016 :  03:55:59  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Entrails

Elaine, do you have an expected release/publish date for this yet?

No, because 1) I've been working on other things, and 2) I've been having second thoughts about the DM's Guild.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  00:51:34  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What in the hells

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  00:53:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

What in the hells

It was spam, it's gone, and the banhammer will be dropped on that spammer in a moment.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  01:10:33  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol I saw that and was like, "the hells?" but I figured the post wouldn't last.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  02:52:19  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the elven god Erevan Ilesere had something to do with it all. Truly devoted to the Seldarine, but ultimately concerned with his own agenda. I can see a Moonblade error caused by Erevan depending on an elf who worships him. Maybe Elaith always heard the calling of Erevan but never understood the source.

With Erevan Ilesere.... you can do or write almost anything. Truly my favorite deity. Novels need more Erevan just to spice up whatever you want.

Maybe Amlaruil or Zoar was confronted by Erevan on Evermeet and made a special pact. Maybe Moonblades are more particular to Chaotic Neutral characters whom look at the world as something to do themselves, as opposed to being good and being righteous inherently. I don't know.

I just feel that the elven god Erevan Ilesere can play into any story line for any subject given. Especially the Moonblades. Or certain powerful Moonblades.

If Correlon Larethian is uber, ultra powerful, then why wouldn't a cannon mid-level elven god such as Erevan Ilesere do so much more in trickery and mischief in Faerun?

Elaine Cunningham.... Even if you never write for FR anymore... Please try my idea of Erevan Ilesere and see what happens. Erick Scott Di bie wrote about Erevan and that's cannon.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  03:30:06  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Elaine Cunningham.... Even if you never write for FR anymore... Please try my idea of Erevan Ilesere and see what happens. Erick Scott Di bie wrote about Erevan and that's cannon.

Where did Erik write about Erevan? I feel like I am missing something important. I know his character Fox-At-Twilight mentions him at one point, but if Erik actually wrote something up for him...I want to read it LOL.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  06:08:00  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Where did Erik write about Erevan? I feel like I am missing something important. I know his character Fox-At-Twilight mentions him at one point, but if Erik actually wrote something up for him...I want to read it LOL.

Him and Tom Costa wrote up The Trickster-Touched template several years ago. Besides... ESD mentioned Erevan a few times in his novels. Fox-At-Twilight is a unwilling subject of Erevan Ilesere. Fact and true.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  14:46:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd not have Erevan involved in the overall moonblade thing, but I can certainly see a family of Erevan's followers getting a blade or two, with powers keyed towards trickery and such.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  23:46:21  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Wooly. I know you love Erevan CEV (he's one of my favorite gods too), but he can't be everything and everywhere. To my mind, moonblades create too much permanence for him, not to mention set up possession ahd legacy, all things I think he cares little for.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2020 :  21:29:29  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

I'm with Wooly. I know you love Erevan CEV (he's one of my favorite gods too), but he can't be everything and everywhere. To my mind, moonblades create too much permanence for him, not to mention set up possession ahd legacy, all things I think he cares little for.

Yes, I agree, I just wish somebody would write up some official Erevan stuff that explains his entire history, lore, adventures and misadventures, besides the fluff we have from 2ed and 3.5ed. I have written to TSR many times and submitted soooooo many of my writings, PrC's templates and such pertaining to Erevan Ilesere and I've not even received a single No thank you from anyone at TSR. Erik diBie was doing pretty good with some vague Erevan stuff, but it seems he went a different path and no longer is doing such anymore.

Like I want to know what Erevan was doing during the battles between the Seldarine and the Anti-seldarine. Was he actively in melee or spell combat, or was he aiding the pantheon with trickery and manipulation. Or was he drinking feywine and playing dice, wenching in his favorite tavern on some distant plane during those wars, lol.

If I could just have ONE single shot at writing about him in some significant way then I'd be such a happy camper. As a 45 year old married father of three daughters and 1 grandson, I have over 30 years and literally thousands of stories and adventures about him that I have written.

One of my favorites is when Erevan held a divine Midnight Gambol on Faerun before The Crown Wars in what is now The Winterwood, inviting all the trickster deities of all the pantheons, including the deities of thieves and stealth and deception and illusions. It was truly epic... legendary actually. Some notables that were at the Gambol included Vhaeraun, Baravar Cloakshadow, Garl Glittergold, Brandobaris, Vergadain, Leira, Mask, Abbathor, Alobal Lorfiril, Beshaba, Marthammar Duin, Sharess, Tymora, Avachel, and a handful of Arch-fey from the various courts. This story alone was 22 pages long. lol.
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  08:41:09  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope this would come soon!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2020 :  15:07:58  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

Thanks for your post, but I have concluded, for a variety of reasons, I will not be pursuing any projects with the DMGuild.
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2020 :  15:12:15  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

Thanks for your post, but I have concluded, for a variety of reasons, I will not be pursuing any projects with the DMGuild.

Aw sorry to hear.

Loved your Evermeet-book btw, Elaine.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  01:37:33  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

Aw sorry to hear.

Loved your Evermeet-book btw, Elaine.

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000