Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  19:21:52  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know the release schedule for 2016? I can only find RAS' novel coming in April. Are we really only getting 1 novel this year?

Areader
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  19:29:17  Show Profile Send Areader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon has a listing for "Drizzt Finale: Homecoming, III" hardcover coming out in October.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  19:33:02  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's ''Death Masks'' is scheduled for June; Erin has a novel in October (''Farideh 4''); Troy Denning's ''Dagger of Souls'' is scheduled for September

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  05:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Areader

Amazon has a listing for "Drizzt Finale: Homecoming, III" hardcover coming out in October.

That title is worrisome.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  05:48:02  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interestingly, Amazon has no synopsis for Ed's or Troy's book. However, RisingShadow.net does. Ed's sound really good. It's a murder mystery set in Waterdeep, and I liked Spellstorm, which had a similar plot. I notice that Troy's book has a different title, but the same synopsis (illithids in Marsember). I thought the different title meant he was writing about something else though (people were guessing Cyric). Anyone know for sure?
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  14:01:43  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Ed's book sounds interesting, and we might get to read about Laeral, which is always a plus in my book.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  19:20:14  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah thanks everyone. So same writer lineup, same subject matter, same characters. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  23:47:20  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the title for the Drizzt book is just a placeholder. Doesn't really go well with the other titles of the trilogy unless Salvatore is ending the Drizzt series.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  00:15:06  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

I wonder if the title for the Drizzt book is just a placeholder. Doesn't really go well with the other titles of the trilogy unless Salvatore is ending the Drizzt series.

Probably, since Erin's next book (also in October) is named ''Farideh 4''

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  03:25:19  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

Ah thanks everyone. So same writer lineup, same subject matter, same characters. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Pretty much. Sigh.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  19:11:17  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't found an ARC for Maestro, which I thought was pretty odd considering it's less than two months from release. Does anyone know what's going on with WotC and ARCs?
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  22:45:44  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know you can pre-order Maestro on Amazon now. It's scheduled for April 5th.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2016 :  00:30:39  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

I haven't found an ARC for Maestro, which I thought was pretty odd considering it's less than two months from release. Does anyone know what's going on with WotC and ARCs?

They seem to vary. Anywhere from 1 to 3 months is the timeframe I've noticed.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2016 :  15:56:28  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

Probably, since Erin's next book (also in October) is named ''Farideh 4''

HM, shouldn't that at least be ''5'' if not ''6''? I mean depending whether one counts with or without the sundering episode

Edited by - Mirtek on 09 Feb 2016 16:19:15
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2016 :  17:04:48  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been changed. It was Farideh 4, now is ''The Devil You Know''

Edited by - Irennan on 09 Feb 2016 17:35:45
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2016 :  17:27:04  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus
They seem to vary. Anywhere from 1 to 3 months is the timeframe I've noticed.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I always thought it was 3 or more months ahead of time. :D
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  14:35:33  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else baffled by the price increase on Kindle versions of WOTC novels? $26.99 for a kindle book? Seems to just be the price of new releases that got raised, but that is way more than other publishers are charging. I ahve been a bit behind in my reading and was just getting around to buying and reading Ashes of the Tyrant when I saw that.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  15:04:20  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

Is anyone else baffled by the price increase on Kindle versions of WOTC novels? $26.99 for a kindle book? Seems to just be the price of new releases that got raised, but that is way more than other publishers are charging. I ahve been a bit behind in my reading and was just getting around to buying and reading Ashes of the Tyrant when I saw that.

Kindle pricing is strange. They are still charging $7.99 for some of the ebook-only releases like Shadowbane and Prince of Ravens.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  15:48:09  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just looked up the price for Maestro and saw that. In all previous cases it was ~$15, which is still pricey for a Kindle version, but now it's up to the price of hardcover? : I'm not sure if it'll change or if I should just pre-order hardcover from Amazon since Amazon has the price slash...
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  15:55:50  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

From my understanding, some publishers still have a disconnect between hard copy and digital.

Edited by - Eilserus on 23 Feb 2016 15:56:16
Go to Top of Page

KraziJoe
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:50:31  Show Profile Send KraziJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have noticed that too! I was going to buy SpellStorm but not at that price. I wouldn't even do it at $15. For me to buy it has to be under $10. To me, it seems, they are just arrogant to price them at that price. And they wonder why their readership is going down...
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2016 :  03:29:23  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping it was an error.
Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2016 :  03:33:05  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping it would change back soon. I enjoy buying kindle for new Drizzt books at around $10. There is no way though that I will pay 26. I will buy it for 18 as a hardcover way before I buy a kindle book for that much. Even some of there really old paperback books that used to be 5-6 dollars got upped to 7.99. It really seemed like an all around stupid idea to me to raise all the kindle prices so much. For people like me who like to get as many kindle sales as possible, I could easily see them losing some potential customers. I personally won't be buying any more hardcover books at those prices.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2016 :  13:31:18  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not trying to pimp Amazon, but if yearly purchases exceed the cost of $100 in shipping I'd totally sign up for Prime. I finally jumped on that wagon last year and haven't regretted it. Nice to snag hardcover's for less than $20.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2016 :  02:49:11  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KraziJoe

quote:

I have noticed that too! I was going to buy SpellStorm but not at that price. I wouldn't even do it at $15. For me to buy it has to be under $10. To me, it seems, they are just arrogant to price them at that price. And they wonder why their readership is going down...

I bought Spellstorm back in July for what I thought was a ridiculous $15 for a kindle book, but I love Ed's books. But they raised $11 since then at some point. I will not be paying $26.99 for a kindle book, ever.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000