Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Love DMSGuild but I'd also love these features.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  13:05:41  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I find myself just casually browsing DMSGuild numerous times daily and there are some features that I kind of wished existed. Can you think of others?
These might actually be there, and I just haven't seen them yet, but in that case they should be more obvious.

1. Bookmarking. I keep finding stuff that I want to go back to, and then I forget the exact name or something like that and can't find it easily again.

2. Better Search Options. Authors should be able to add tags to their material. If I type in "character races" I'm rarely getting what I was looking for.

3. Download Count for Authors. I'd really like to know how many times my free products were downloaded.

4. A workshop for collaboration with a way to split royalties at a percentage determined by the authors. Finally I think I could get some decent art for my work. At the very least a separate area for items that are WIP.

What do you think?

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  16:05:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like it if it was easier, at a glance to see the newest stuff. Yeah, that's an option on the page, but you only get about a half-dozen items, and no descriptions...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  01:59:50  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

1. Bookmarking. I keep finding stuff that I want to go back to, and then I forget the exact name or something like that and can't find it easily again.

What browser you use? I'm curious because even lynx uses bookmarks.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  02:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

What browser you use? I'm curious because even lynx uses bookmarks.

Sorry I wasn't clear on this, I think the term I really meant was a "Favorites." I can bookmark the indivdual pages on my browser I guess, but I feel like that would be cumbersome.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  06:50:46  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I do on DMSGuild and all the DriveThruRPG affiliate sites is add everything I'm interested in seeing later to my wishlist. Works as a placeholder for me.
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  19:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

What I do on DMSGuild and all the DriveThruRPG affiliate sites is add everything I'm interested in seeing later to my wishlist. Works as a placeholder for me.

That's a great idea, I'll try it.

I also realized I wish there was a preview for more of the files. Perhaps a place to upoad a preview other than just the cover. There is currently a whole bestiary for FR monsters up and I'm just not willing to take the $19.99 chance that its not any good. But I would certainly spend that it it was all it promised.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Bulak
Acolyte

Netherlands
26 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2016 :  10:33:56  Show Profile Send Bulak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I first put up a document on DMs Guild I couldn't find a way to set up a preview (except for the front page). I asked them about it and the answer boiled down to 'we know, we're working on it'. I noticed the vast majority of stuff on DMs Guild didn't have a preview available, so I guess most people had the same issue.
This got fixed recently - for me at least. I can put previews up for new stuff and I can also edit older products to add them.

I can also check now how many times my PWYW adventure was downloaded for free.

Progress...

A feature that I would like to see changed a bit is Pay What You Want. When you put up a document you can add a recommended price. However, the first time someone actually pays for the document, the recommended price disappears from the product page. It’s replaced by the ‘Average Contribution’.
However, if you just look at the products in a list, like through the search function, the recommended price appears behind the title. You can’t see that it’s Pay What You Want. To confuse matters more, there are also products that do show up as PWYW. I assume the authors of those never put a recommended price on them.

It would be nice all PWYW products could easily be identified as such if you just search for ‘sourcebooks’, or anything else that doesn’t include a price range. I would also like to see the recommended price actually appear on the product page in addition to the average contribution.

If I ever put a PWYW product up again, I would simply add a recommended price to the description of the product if I wanted one, and leave the option in the setup itself blank.

Edited by - Bulak on 19 Feb 2016 10:45:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000