Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Just discovered CandleKeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StarryEyes
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2016 :  18:25:23  Show Profile Send StarryEyes a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I just discovered CandleKeep and I haven't finished exploring the site yet, but I have already noticed the site has problems. Several links to the forums don't work:
1. The link to the forums at the bottom of the home page links to http://candlekeep.com/forum/default.asp
2. The link to the forums on the contact page links to the same page.
As ~/forum/default.asp does not exist, the site directs the user to a 404 page. I suspect there are a lot more dead links like these.

I tried to notify the webmaster of this issue through the contact page but after filling out the forum and clicking the submit button I got a 502 error. So I signed up for the forums and decided to complain through here.

I hope to become a part of this community (if everyone is friendly) and I hope that the webmaster fixes these issues with the site soon.

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2016 :  20:40:32  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm sure someone will get round to it at some point (most operate on Sage time here so things get done when they are done). Things aren't quite at the cutting edge of technology here but we like it.

While you wait for things to be fixed why not peruse the various threads for some top quality realms lore.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2016 :  09:14:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, StarryEyes

Many thanks for the info and bringing these to my attention. Aye, dazzlerdal is quite correct; Candlekeep is old and clunky and is well overdue for an overhaul but the true beauty is from the lore and scribes within.

Hope you enjoy your time within these halls.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly