Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Death Masks (Chosen Heirs)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  02:58:38  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ed's next book will come out on June 7th: http://www.amazon.com/Death-Masks-Chosen-Heirs-Greenwood/dp/0786965932

Looks like it will be part of a new series, called ''Chosen Heirs''.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  20:12:59  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Death Masks on WotC site: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/fiction/novels-ebooks/death-masks

Edited by - Irennan on 02 Apr 2016 13:57:14
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2016 :  08:26:17  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't matter. As long as the eBooks are priced at +$20 I'm not paying for one more Realms novel.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2016 :  14:17:18  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not buying ebooks either. The physical book is a different matter, tho.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2016 :  21:26:00  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

I'm not buying ebooks either. The physical book is a different matter, tho.

I can't read paper books any longer. Aside from my feelings about trees and paper books. eBooks and audiobooks are just so much easier and better in my opinion. But even beyond all of that, I won't support a publisher who blatantly practices price gouging.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2016 :  21:29:29  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

I can't read paper books any longer. Aside from my feelings about trees and paper books. eBooks and audiobooks are just so much easier and better in my opinion. But even beyond all of that, I won't support a publisher who blatantly practices price gouging.

I know, I prefer ebooks too, for the same reasons. However, is the company that publishes the digital version the same that does that for the physical books? Does WotC even have any say in this matter?

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2016 :  23:34:32  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

I know, I prefer ebooks too, for the same reasons. However, is the company that publishes the digital version the same that does that for the physical books? Does WotC even have any say in this matter?

WoTC owns the IP and thus has absolute control in this matter. Penguin-Random House can't just decide in a vacuum how much they will charge for a product. There is most likely a pre-agreed amount of markup set in the contract agreement. So no, WoTC is not blameless. They are a full party to the price gouging.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2016 :  23:37:10  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

WoTC owns the IP and thus has absolute control in this matter. Penguin-Random House can't just decide in a vacuum how much they will charge for a product. There is most likely a pre-agreed amount of markup set in the contract agreement. So no, WoTC is not blameless. They are a full party to the price gouging.

Is this Penguin-Random House rising prices for non-FR/WotC ebooks as well? If so, it might be entirely on them. If not, then it's worse than I believed :(

Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2016 :  00:11:32  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I have seen, non-FR Penguin/Random House books have not changed prices. New e-books still stay around $13. It really seems to be just a huge price jump for all FR books even ones which have been sold much cheaper for years like the older paperbacks.
Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  04:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will definitely be buying a version of this, don't care what the price is.

Laeral as Open Lord? I wonder if the characters from Blackstaff Tower make appearances, I certainly hope so. Excited.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  07:34:09  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Merrith

Laeral as Open Lord? I wonder if the characters from Blackstaff Tower make appearances, I certainly hope so. Excited.

Respectfully, this line of thought is part of the problem. No matter though, the price of Maestro just dropped to $14.99
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  14:04:08  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there going to be an e-signing from Ed??? Does anyone know something???

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  02:20:13  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Merrith

Respectfully, this line of thought is part of the problem. No matter though, the price of Maestro just dropped to $14.99

No problem for me, love Ed's work.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  12:44:00  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news for a signed copy ofthiw book???Is there any available??

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000