Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Maestro cover
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  01:20:38  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://rasalvatore.com/pics/maestro_l.jpg

I wish I had a link to the full artwork done for this book, but sadly, Edelweiss doesn't have it yet. :(

I personally love the artwork for these books, probably more than the books themselves sometimes. XD I think it's the same artist who did the cover for Archmage, and I didn't really fancy how Drizzt looked in that illustration. However, what doesn't work for Drizzt clearly works for Jarlaxle. ;P

If anyone has the link to the full image, please share! Otherwise, I'll keep an eye out for it...

Edited by - sno4wy on 09 Jan 2016 01:21:16

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  18:12:45  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

http://rasalvatore.com/pics/maestro_l.jpg

I wish I had a link to the full artwork done for this book, but sadly, Edelweiss doesn't have it yet. :(

I personally love the artwork for these books, probably more than the books themselves sometimes. XD I think it's the same artist who did the cover for Archmage, and I didn't really fancy how Drizzt looked in that illustration. However, what doesn't work for Drizzt clearly works for Jarlaxle. ;P

If anyone has the link to the full image, please share! Otherwise, I'll keep an eye out for it...

It's a perfect depiction of Jarlaxle, for my money.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  19:39:36  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a pretty nice depiction of Jarlaxle. I like it.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  19:43:32  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool cover art. I'm astonished that they chose to not use Drizzt, as they seem to use every opportunity to mention or show him as much as they can.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  20:20:34  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Cool cover art. I'm astonished that they chose to not use Drizzt, as they seem to use every opportunity to mention or show him as much as they can.

I too was surprised to see that Drizzt wasn't on the cover, when he was on Archmage and that book had less to do with him than this next one (most likely, this is purely my speculation). Maybe Gromph isn't popular enough to deserve his own illustration?
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2016 :  23:52:13  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I too was surprised to see that Drizzt wasn't on the cover, when he was on Archmage and that book had less to do with him than this next one (most likely, this is purely my speculation). Maybe Gromph isn't popular enough to deserve his own illustration?

It does make sense to use a recognizable figure on the cover, but I remember Gauntlgrym having Dahlia and Drizzt on the cover fighting. Why use Dahlia at all? Personally, I think Archmage should have featured Gromph facing down Catti Brie on the cover.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2016 :  03:54:41  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:

quote:

I remember Gauntlgrym having Dahlia and Drizzt on the cover fighting. Why use Dahlia at all? Personally, I think Archmage should have featured Gromph facing down Catti Brie on the cover.

I hate when a book cover depicts something that never actually happens in the book.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2016 :  20:33:06  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He looks more like a surface elf than a drow.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2016 :  20:41:43  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After seeing this image how about matt smith as jar in a realms movie.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2016 :  17:36:55  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes fantasy covers are really good, and other times, not so much. This one is somewhere in between. It's not terrible

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000