Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ashes of the Tyrant Review: Spoilers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2016 :  02:52:20  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best Erin M. Evans qoute ever.

"Rebuild yourself out of succubus feces. Prove you're in it to win it."
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2016 :  03:38:48  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lorcan should totally say that to someone lol

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Scribe
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2016 :  16:02:10  Show Profile Send Scribe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! I just had to register here to voice my appreciation for this series. I was looking for something to read, and on a whim picked up the first book. Found it amazingly well paced with great characters and wanted more. Fast forward a few weeks and with the release of Ashes of the Tyrant I ordered that, Fire in the Blood and The Adversary and have used the last 2 weeks to read them all.

My only issue is, I need the next book! :]

I was certainly a bit confused at the start, not realizing the tie in with the Rage of Demons arc at first, but as with Fire in the Blood (which caused me issues as I could not put it down) the story just flows so well, the characters very quickly have become living and breathing in a way I havent personally felt since my first readings of the Dragonlance saga as a kid, and I laughed, gasped, swore, and maybe just maybe, got a bit misty eyed in reading through Ashes.

Favorite Character in the book? Sessaca for sure, though the menagerie building around Havi right now is also great.

PS. My son has substituted Henish for other things he could be saying, hes working through The Adversary right now. Unlike your primer on translation he seems to think its a substitute for 'oh shit'. When he died in his game 'Oh Henish!' :]

Great book(s), great characters, and I am actually upset I have to wait till...whenever, for the next book!
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  21:32:04  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scribe

PS. My son has substituted Henish for other things he could be saying, hes working through The Adversary right now. Unlike your primer on translation he seems to think its a substitute for 'oh shit'. When he died in his game 'Oh Henish!' :]

Great book(s), great characters, and I am actually upset I have to wait till...whenever, for the next book!

I kind of love hearing people pick up my invented swears. Like validating it's organic sounding enough. :)

To his credit, I've used henish as a mild expletive. Probably akin to saying, "Ah, balls."

For those of you who have read the book(s), please don't forget to leave a review on your site of preference (Amazon, Goodreads, B&N), and thanks for commenting here. Word of mouth makes the biggest difference in book sales, so speaking up for what you like means authors are more likely to keep getting published. :)

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2016 :  23:33:16  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

I thought they spawned from the abyss (unlike devils which are moulded from souls)
Both actually. For example Orcus once was a human whose soul went to the Abyss and who clawed himself through all stage of demonic existance until he became a demonprince
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000