Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Companions Codex Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  00:39:36  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all, I was wondering - is the Companion's Codex a retread of ground covered in The Hunters Blades trilogy? I see there were some dragons involved this time...wanted to see if its worth reading or if I'd be better going straight to Archmage.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  12:55:53  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*shrug*

Well, the Drizzt series is pretty long now so you're bound to see similar themes popping up from time to time.

The Companions Codex does introduce a lot of backstory that might be useful to know for Archmage, but you don't seem to particularly like the series so you can probably skip it.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  00:34:47  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1/3 of the way into Night of the Hunter. Not a single horde of orcs in sight. Loving the drow politics and eager to see how they try to use the orcs to their advantage. If at all. Catti-brie's stance is interesting. Also like that Salvatore's going to tie Entreri's Companions of Neverwinter into the Companions of the Halls' quest.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  03:18:42  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I disliked the Companions Codex. Over-used Salvatore themes were used yet again. I don't know what was going on with Salvatore's editor during Rise of the King, but he/she really let the ball drop on that one.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede

Edited by - Artemas Entreri on 01 Jan 2016 13:22:28
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2016 :  07:23:14  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're right about RotK. Prince of Fools is smoother going. Maybe later.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000