Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 I had question and cheeseburger
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  15:32:30  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a way for me to check all my posts on my profile ? I was trying to find a post I made a while Back on "running the realms". I believe I failed using the search function. Thank you.

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  15:48:21  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Click on your name which should display your profile, then click on "display all non archived posts" or something like that.
A very handy tool for forum stalkers that like to copy down lore heavy posts by favoured scribes

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  19:03:37  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Candlekeep search genie is a cantankerous, lazy, sickly old creature. As likely to run off and fetch you Alaundo's uneaten dinner as to offer a selection of relevant scrolls about Realmslore.

Ye may instead consult the all-powerful and all-knowing Google search genie, including the mystical command word site:forum.candlekeep.com within each of your humble requests for knowledge.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 24 Nov 2015 19:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  21:10:29  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

The Candlekeep search genie is a cantankerous, lazy, sickly old creature. As likely to run off and fetch you Alaundo's uneaten dinner as to offer a selection of relevant scrolls about Realmslore.

Ye may instead consult the all-powerful and all-knowing Google search genie, including the mystical command word site:forum.candlekeep.com within each of your humble requests for knowledge.

I wish there was a way to refine the search so it can target specific posts, not just the whole thread. I know of other internet forums that allow searches to be conducted by topic or post, which would be ideal.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  21:14:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I use that way of searching just as oft as I use the forum's search tool. I usually use the latter for finding specific threads that I recall the subject line, and Google for most of everything else.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  21:15:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

quote:

I wish there was a way to refine the search so it can target specific posts, not just the whole thread. I know of other internet forums that allow searches to be conducted by topic or post, which would be ideal.

I think that's something planned for the long-awaited update to the forums, which I am not involved in and cannot answer any questions about.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  22:11:09  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

which I am not involved in and cannot answer any questions about.

I see what you did there.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  22:44:02  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can refine your searches with additional terms. Here's an example.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  23:13:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

which I am not involved in and cannot answer any questions about.

I see what you did there.

Just covering my bases.

Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2015 :  07:12:01  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. Have a happy thanksgiving

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000