Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Chosen of Mystryl
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2015 :  00:26:08  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Now officially, and perhaps long time known, Larloch is a chosen of Mystryl. Now I have looked, albeit my googlefu is bad, but I was wondering, is anyone knew what powers were endowed onto him or any other chosen of Mystryl (Im looking at you Ioulaum)???

Thanks

lsls
Acolyte

34 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2015 :  03:50:41  Show Profile Send lsls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AFAIK the powers of Mystryl's Chosen were not mentioned. Another Chosen of Mystryl named Araundras Othaun had been killed by Telamont Tanthul.

Edited by - lsls on 07 Oct 2015 04:02:23
Go to Top of Page

Venomus
Acolyte

Poland
13 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2015 :  07:50:30  Show Profile Send Venomus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm maybe that's why he knew when to escape. Mystryl told her Chosen "Better get out of there, man. Shit with Karsus gonna get down real soon"

"Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient be sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me." - Myrkul
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2015 :  08:35:47  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed...

Since this seems to not have been explicitly stated, canon-wise, would anyone here venture a guess og come up with fitting ideas for such a chosen template.?

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2015 :  18:08:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just because Larloch told someone that he's a Chosen of Mystryl doesn't mean its true. I could tell you all that I'm secretly a ninja, and it doesn't make it true.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2015 :  18:11:43  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Just because Larloch told someone that he's a Chosen of Mystryl doesn't mean its true. I could tell you all that I'm secretly a ninja, and it doesn't make it true.

I was refering to Ed's article, where he says that Larloch is a chosen of Mystryl... Are you trying to say, that this is untrue?

This is the one: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/after-fall
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2015 :  20:05:53  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall Larloch telling anyone he was Mystryl's Chosen. Wasn't he thinking it to himself while Ed was in his mind? Either way, if you read the Volo's Guide that mentions Larloch (I believe it's that tome) there are a few power that Larloch 'gave himself' that are similar to Chosen of MYSTRA powers. Given that it was written in uncertain narrator, I take at least some of those powers to be given to him by Mystryl...in that by choosing to be her Chosen he received those power (and thus 'gave' them to himself, if you follow my reasoning).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2015 :  20:08:06  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyway, I think many of the powers are identical. There are certainly differences between the two, but a DM should use the base powers given by Mystra as a starting point. I'd then take a look at Mystryl's portfolio (which was more robust than Mystra's) and work in powers one deems appropriate from there.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2015 :  20:12:30  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might even meld some of those powers with those of the Magister.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2015 :  01:18:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I was refering to Ed's article, where he says that Larloch is a chosen of Mystryl... Are you trying to say, that this is untrue?

This is the one: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/after-fall

I stand corrected. I was going strictly by the novel, and this article isn't written in Elminster's uncertain narrator, so it must be considered to be true.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000