Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 More Out of the Abyss details
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2015 :  03:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Apparently the characters start off as prisoners of the drow

and the demon lord caused madness can create character flaws in the PCs

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/9/2/9242155/out-of-the-abyss-into-the-underdark

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2015 :  04:02:30  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More encouraging than the previous forbes article. I like that they are pushing people to utilize the Inspiration points mechanism...

The inspiration points mechanism has really helped my home game. It has helped some of my players do more effective Role-playing.

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2015 :  04:16:34  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
still want a campaign setting. alt rules for it, not so much.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2015 :  19:52:00  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an article on io9: http://io9.com/hell-comes-to-the-underdark-in-d-ds-new-rage-of-demons-1728418174

The article author Ed Grabianowski interviewed Chris Perkins on some details, especially in regards to the role of Orcus and the Illithids as seen in the CG animated trailer, the use of derro here, the state of the drow in the adventure and other tidbits. There is more art showcase and it is of a more 'serious' quality than other previews.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2015 :  00:14:06  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That interview makes me cringe. I really don't like how the Elder Brain just commands them to become Illithiliches and they instantly do.

Perkins is bringing in too much of that Acquisitions Inc nonsense into the adventure and it's wrecking my head. I don't find his humour at all funny.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2015 :  00:23:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
actually intrigued by this adventure module. I haven't bought any of the previous ones yet. I just have the main books and we've been adapting old adventures. I really wish they'd put out some supplement books to fix some of the multi-class issues. There really should be some kind of feat(s) for theurging for instance. It doesn't need to give you extra spells (although that would be nice), just raise the level of spell you can cast by say 2 in your lower level spellcasting class. Simple rules like that can make multiclass wizard/clerics of Mystra/Azuth/Velsharoon/Leira/Savras/Deneir/Red Knight, etc... that make sense... or maybe cleric/bards of Oghma/Deneir/Milil/Lliira/Lurue etc... or a Warlock/Wizard whose patron is a powerful fey or fiendish entity

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2015 :  00:50:17  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Here's an article on io9: http://io9.com/hell-comes-to-the-underdark-in-d-ds-new-rage-of-demons-1728418174

The concept artwork in this article is very impressive.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2015 :  08:17:07  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rage of Demons Villians explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nruW1IAUVzc

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: