Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spoilers: Rage of Demons / Out of the Abyss story
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  02:17:36  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

So the background of the story would be useful, because it provides us with info on what is going on in the Realms? Would it be worth it for someone like me to purchase?

If you want only that, I really doubt that you will get decent value for your money (even more so because these adventures are supposed to canonically end with the bad guys being defeated and everything returning more or less to what it was before).

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  02:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

So the background of the story would be useful, because it provides us with info on what is going on in the Realms? Would it be worth it for someone like me to purchase?

If you want only that, I really doubt that you will get decent value for your money (even more so because these adventures are supposed to canonically end with the bad guys being defeated and everything returning more or less to what it was before).

Ditto. This tome is looking to be a mechanical fiend folio for the abyss. You'll probably only get a page or two of what you want, and a bunch of other stats and scenarios that aren't what you want.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  02:47:02  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm okay. Thanks for the info

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  03:10:58  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm okay. Thanks for the info

If you want to know the current state of the Realm (what of it hasn't already trickled down by various means, anyway), in November WotC will publish what basically is (or has been presented as, through interviews) the 5e FRCS. That should be more helpful than these adventures.

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Sep 2015 03:11:22
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  03:15:29  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh so th FRCG finally has a release date? I know Sword Coast Adventures Guide comes out in November. Is that what you're referring to, or is that one going to be more along the same lines as Out of the Abyss?

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  03:16:55  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh so th FRCG finally has a release date? I know Sword Coast Adventures Guide comes out in November. Is that what you're referring to, or is that one going to be more along the same lines as Out of the Abyss?

The SCAG is essentially the FRCS. At least, that's what some product descriptions say.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  03:18:27  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. The name is quite misleading, according to what we've been told about the contents of the book.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  03:19:17  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All righty. I will probably get that one, at least.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  04:01:20  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the latest D&D game run by Chris Perkins for Acquisitions, Inc. (the D&D group made of Penny Arcade's creative/executive team plus Patrick Rothfuss) at PAX Prime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgBgmWh02g

It's based on the Rage of Demons adventure and set in the Underdark.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  04:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
okkkkk wtf theres a beholder tank in Rage of demons!?!?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  05:13:29  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Here's the latest D&D game run by Chris Perkins for Acquisitions, Inc. (the D&D group made of Penny Arcade's creative/executive team plus Patrick Rothfuss) at PAX Prime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgBgmWh02g

It's based on the Rage of Demons adventure and set in the Underdark.

I could only stand about 10 minutes of that.

I'm definitely, absolutely not their target demographic.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  14:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

okkkkk wtf theres a beholder tank in Rage of demons!?!?

Nah, that's a hangover item from one of their previous shows. Keep in mind, AI is meant for comedic entertainment, it's not meant to be a serious presentation.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  16:18:59  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

That looks awesome.

I enjoyed watching Orcus reanimate the Elder Brain and awaken the mindflayers in Undeath. Undead mindflayers are always a good idea in my book.

As long as we're on the topic of undead elder brains, this adventure really should feature Iolaum in some capacity. Since they are trickling out new lore anyway, they should be able to sneak in some updates on characters like him.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  20:36:05  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

That looks awesome.

I enjoyed watching Orcus reanimate the Elder Brain and awaken the mindflayers in Undeath. Undead mindflayers are always a good idea in my book.

As long as we're on the topic of undead elder brains, this adventure really should feature Iolaum in some capacity. Since they are trickling out new lore anyway, they should be able to sneak in some updates on characters like him.

That would be an interesting addition. I can't wait until Friday to find out.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000