Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who put an end to the Darkening? [spoiler-ish]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2015 :  13:49:37  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow scribes,

who is responsible fot putting an end to the Darkening?

Was it Drizzt/Gromph as described in the vengeance of the iron dwarf?

Was it the band of adventurers in War of everlasting darkness?

I'm confused.

Please help me.

Please, bring back the Realms. I'm really fed up with the Sword Coast.

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2015 :  15:57:38  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Drizzt and Gromph ended it over the Silver Marches.

Mystra, with a little help from the adventurers in WoED, ended it completely.

Basically, Mystra needed the adventurers to kill Tsabrak and defeat Danifae (Lolth's avatar) - after that, Mystra could do everything else herself.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 08 Aug 2015 16:00:58
Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2015 :  00:08:32  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't actually remember anything, in the book, regarding tsabrak's fate.

Am i forgetting something?

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2015 :  02:25:30  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so if you read the last chapter of WoED, Mystra instructs the adventurers to cleanse her artifacts of Lolth's taint. These corrupted artifacts effectively make Tsabrak and Danifae immortal (Danifae can't die unless all six artifacts are cleansed and Tsabrak can't die until Danifae is killed). Only the adventurers can cleanse the artifacts. Danifae heals herself with Tsabrak's life if it looks like she's going to be defeated.

Tsabrak is the one who is maintaining the Darkening so once either the adventurers or Danifae kill him, it ends. Mystra then folds the Demon Weave back into her Weave.

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 09 Aug 2015 02:25:55
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2015 :  04:04:35  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Gromph channeling the "dispel" through Drizzt myself. Really I'd use whatever you want. Canon is probably Iron Dwarf since RAS wrote it and it came after the adventure yes?
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2015 :  17:00:00  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it came after the adventure.

Go to Top of Page

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2015 :  09:01:45  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which book is that?

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)
Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2015 :  11:19:20  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pazuzu

Which book is that?

Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf.

Sorry but I have to get back on the issue: I just began reading Archmage... And SPOILER

[SPOILER]

Tsabrak is healthy and alive. Gromph states that he ended Tsabrak dweomer

[END]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000