Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

sagechan
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  02:20:50  Show Profile Send sagechan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure Bob/Ed would have had any say yet in this. The parties to the lawsuit just settled, and while WotC and Sweetpea are relatively small, WB Universal and Hasbro are not this lawsuit was really a battle between WB and Universal. I'm not too worried about the Sweetpea involvement as it is probably just going to be named as producer or executive producer and get a cut of revenue. I'm guarded but hopeful I'm general. I think Drizzt id the safer bet for some name recognition and I think Bob's writing lends itself to summer blockbuster popcorn flick better than most other realms stories. The other likely option is new and generic characters. I doubt you'll see an emphasis on stranger characters for protagonist unless they surprisingly use Erin's characters. And while I've never been a fan of the 4e changes themselves the latter era 4e novels were probably the highest quality overall since the early work, so thanks to Erin & Richard Byers' works I don't have a problem with tieflings & dragonborn in the Realms.

Personally the story I'd like to see most is Song & Swords. Elfshadow would be a great way to introduce the realms, its more personal, it hits some of the big cool places, and its a fairly classic murder whodunnit with a nice twist.
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  02:52:35  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

It will be standard sword and sorcery fare, I'm guessing. I agree that Drizz't would be the logical "best chance" vehicle. It will come down to production values (i.e. money). Small budget and it will be dross. I can't see it being a big budget movie though so I have my fears.

-- George Krashos

A generic sword and sorcery film would be panned as a Conan the Barbarian rip-off. Yes, Drizz't is probably the best chance to make it work. After Drizz't, the next best idea is probably adapting the 80s Dungeons and Dragons cartoon. Ideally, they need to keep the special effects as practical as possible, using digital FX sparingly. A budget that works, but not to big, so it makes money so there is the potential for sequels/universe building.

Yea, I'm aware that the D&D cartoon doesn't actually take place in the Realms. But neither did the original Temple of Elemental Evil adventure...

Edited by - Rymac on 04 Aug 2015 02:56:15
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  02:56:30  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sagechan

Personally the story I'd like to see most is Song & Swords. Elfshadow would be a great way to introduce the realms, its more personal, it hits some of the big cool places, and its a fairly classic murder whodunnit with a nice twist.

I second this idea. Maybe I'm partial to this idea for a Realms movie because I was introduced to the Realms by Elaine's "Song and Sword" novels (only the first two of my physical collection are from the "The Harpers" series) and was hungry for more of the setting and the characters.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  03:02:16  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:
Originally posted by sagechan

I second this idea. Maybe I'm partial to this idea for a Realms movie because I was introduced to the Realms by Elaine's "Song and Sword" novels (only the first two of my physical collection are from the "The Harpers" series) and was hungry for more of the setting and the characters.

The Harpers series would be awesome, because it would introduce and grow the Realms as a "movieverse." Hit fantastic locations, have a good team(s) vs a bad team(s), a civil war within/between the good team(s)... huh, I've heard this before!

Edited by - Rymac on 04 Aug 2015 03:03:14
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  03:12:09  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish they'd do Azure Bonds over Song and Sword, but this is wishful thinking at its finest :) I'd take any of the Harper series, Pool of Radiance, heck even the Avatar trilogy.
I doubt we'll get any of our classic novels in movie format. Sigh. I mean, the Dragonlance Chronicles never made it to a real movie format. Just that rather rotten cartoon adaption. Now that was some awful CGI.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  03:39:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

How about Farideh? Wouldn't a brimstone angels movie be able to surf the same wave as Divergent, Hunger Games and Twilight in some way?

Whilst some of us have no idea who that is.

I think the movie should be set in the 1e/2e/3e period, because we have so much more canon to draw from. Then again, if they are doing this 'reboot style' and doing their own 'Realms Movie Universe', then it really doesn't matter - they can draw from every era.

Although, if they are thinking ahead, having the Spellplague on the horizon as the 'big future Event' could have possibilities. It really all depends on what their thinking is here, and how committed they are to making the FR brand a household name.

I think its a good sign this is being thought of as a 'Forgotten Realms Movie' rather then a 'D&D movie' - too much negative baggage with that (and movies) at this point. They should steer clear of the connection until AFTER the movie is a hit.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Aug 2015 04:46:15
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  03:59:49  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

How about Farideh? Wouldn't a brimstone angels movie be able to surf the same wave as Divergent, Hunger Games and Twilight in some way?

I think the movie should be set in the 1e/2e/3e period, because we have so much more canon to draw from. Then again, if they are doing this 'reboot style' and dong their own 'Realms Movie Universe', then it really doesn't matter - they can draw from every era.

Although, if they are thinking ahead, having the Spellplague on the horizon as the 'big future Event' could have possibilities. It really all depends on what their thinking is here, and how committed they are to making the FR brand a household name.

I think its a good sign this is being thought of as a 'Forgotten Realms Movie' rather then a 'D&D movie' - too much negative baggage with that (and movies) at this point. They should still clear of the connection until AFTER the movie is a hit.

I'm 100% certain that this movie will be set on the Sword Coast in the current timeline and tie in very tightly with everything else they have going on with their current IP.

Even though we have shown support for the idea of allowing products produced for multiple points in the timeline. WoTC seems VERY against that idea and would rather republish older material to squeeze a bit more money out of it and move forward with a very tight focus on the new material.
Go to Top of Page

sagechan
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  04:01:06  Show Profile Send sagechan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

I think the movie should be set in the 1e/2e/3e period, because we have so much more canon to draw from. Then again, if they are doing this 'reboot style' and dong their own 'Realms Movie Universe', then it really doesn't matter - they can draw from every era.

Fair enough to the not knowing, though that will be the truth for any Realms knowledge to most movie goers. I know 4e era turned a lot of people off, though for good or bad it shouldn't be excluded. I do agree with you that if a movie is based on a novel it should be earlier era, for most of the reason you states, plus most of the iconic stories are set then.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  04:53:53  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not going to spend time worrying about the new movie.

I am happy to see the parties in the legal battle came to an agreement and found a way forward.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  04:55:24  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they are making a Forgotten Realms movie, I have to echo the Driz'zt = Success formula... Partly, because he's the right central character to market to the movie-going crowd... And because having him as the movie character enables prequels (pre-5e) with a consistent action-movie character.

In a slightly unusual turn of events, I'm going to disagree with Markustay on the 1e/2e/3e time period for the film... They are going to approach this film as a means to sell the current franchise product. I wouldn't be surprised if it is set following Driz'zt's involvement in the "Out of the Abyss" adventures... The D&D Adventurers League season that coincides with the release of the film, will likely have the Adventures written to capitalize on the audience and attract new players.

I only see them dipping into earlier edition source material if this initial release is a major success... Despite people enjoying "Guardians of the Galaxy", Marvel didn't start the current Marvel movie-verse with that film. A very solid foundation had to be set before they could start experimenting with deeper material that caters to the more long-term fans... which as we saw with "Guardians of the Galaxy" can be superior to the more conventional Marvel characters like "The Avengers".

...If we're really, really lucky the opening scene might be Mirt the Moneylender telling a story/narrating the film in an attempt to talk his way out of something... Then that will set the stage for open-ended sequels, where they can have Mirt constantly telling stories, and jump around between any time-periods they want from film-to-film... I'll just keep my fingers crossed that no matter what they do, it ends up being a smashing success.

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  04:57:08  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

I'm 100% certain that this movie will be set on the Sword Coast in the current timeline and tie in very tightly with everything else they have going on with their current IP.

Even though we have shown support for the idea of allowing products produced for multiple points in the timeline. WoTC seems VERY against that idea and would rather republish older material to squeeze a bit more money out of it and move forward with a very tight focus on the new material.

I believe you're correct. With Hasbro/WoTC seeking parallel product development across multiple types of media, it's a safe bet the Sword Coast would be the setting. Rather than use novels, classic/current adventures, or the 80s cartoon, the video games are likely source for adaptation.

Theoretically, it's good news that there are so many avenues to do down to adapt and produce. Heck, there are the comic books as well!

quote:
Originally posted by Cyrinishad

...If we're really, really lucky the opening scene might be Mirt the Moneylender telling a story/narrating the film in an attempt to talk his way out of something... Then that will set the stage for open-ended sequels, where they can have Mirt constantly telling stories, and jump around between any time-periods they want from film-to-film... I'll just keep my fingers crossed that no matter what they do, it ends up being a smashing success.

That is brilliant. Whether Mirt or even Elminster, using an unreliable narrator to set up the story would be a cool nod to how Ed saw Elminster as an unreliable narrator in the old Dragon mags. I'm also reminded of Peter Falk narrating The Princess Bride.

Edited by - Rymac on 04 Aug 2015 05:06:52
Go to Top of Page

sagechan
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  05:27:41  Show Profile Send sagechan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just saw on twitter Chris Perkins say that he's been in meetings with WB already. That probably leads to movie being attached to a future storyline/path plot as part of the multichannel strategy. (which is probably the correct strategy given how tiny trpg market is)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  11:12:09  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm a D&D movie set in the Forgotten realms....

Im not sure whether I should be Excited...or Horrified

But given the last quality of the last D&D movie Id have to give horrified Advantage

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  14:20:56  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they can manage to make a good film out of this, they either have to
a) Adapt one of the best-selling Realms novels, in order to draw those readers to the cinema - in other words, something like The Crystal Shard, which will be terrible not because of Drizzt because he could be written to be a fairly engaging character whether you personally like him or not, but because the book is one big predictable pile of steaming crap (sorry!) and which will make the movie look either like a sub-par The Hobbit rip-off or worse.
b) Write a screenplay divorced from the mechanics of the game, because it is a game and not a novel, so that we don't have to be forced into predictable set-ups like "the classical adventuring party" because let's face it, no matter how much fun D&D is at the table it doesn't really work as the basis for a solid story. Well I guess that's my opinion, but there are RPGs out there far better suited to a dramatic narrative. Just look at the already existing D&D films (not that I have been able to watch one through, except the first one because it was so hilariously bad), because of their adherence to the underlying game the plots become silly and way too pulpy. If they want to make a film as rousing and epic as, say, 'The Fellowship of the Ring', they must discard much of the underlying D&D notions and how people play this game, and instead focus on a tight script with engaging characters that don't behave like neighbor Bob who enjoys taking his High Elf out for a bashing of the dungeon.
c) If they really are setting the movie in the Realms I do hope they do everything in their power to make it come alive according to Ed's vision. It's Ed's signature that makes the Realms more than just a kitchen-sink setting.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  14:49:40  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's Drizzt, then I want in.

If it ain't, then I don't care.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  17:59:39  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think this movie is going to do really well. It's not going to bomb but I think it will just fade away in to the vast library of movies.

There is absolutely nothing marketable about a D&D movie. There is nothing there that screams "This is D&D". I think Hasbro is trying to jump on the Marvel Studios type of wagon but I'm afraid it won't happen. Unless the hero has super powers or is a giant robot that can transform into the latest sports car, then it's going to create the franchise empire they are hoping for.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  19:46:25  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard
The Warcraft movie is further along and looks to have a lock on orcs (and night elves probably). Whatever Allspark Pictures and Warner Bros wants to introduce in this movie will have to contend with an established juggernaut in pop culture.

This, right here. The Warcraft movie will be out before the D&D one, which means that if the D&D one features Drizzt, it'll quickly become labeled as "that Warcraft movie rip-off". Despite night elves being based on drow and not the other way around, Warcraft is, as Dark Wizard put it, an established juggernaut in pop culture.

I don't personally like Farideh, but especially in light of the influence/shadow cast by the Warcraft movie, she might very well be a more successful protagonist than Drizzt. Tieflings already appeal to the teen to twenties age group because they're edgy, sexy and definitely fantastical. You'd have the whole misfit in society by no fault of their own troupe with Farideh, plus toss in her Dragonborn adoptive father, all kinds of dark magic and attractive male half-demon summon. I'm crying at this fact but ten years ago, I would've been all over that. ._.

Since I mentioned the Warcraft movie, while the draenai and eredar are a rip off cosmetically from tieflings, they don't seem like they'll play a large role in that movie, so there's some dissociation there.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  20:37:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

Yea, I'm aware that the D&D cartoon doesn't actually take place in the Realms. But neither did the original Temple of Elemental Evil adventure...

Actually, there was a (lousy, in my opinion) one-off comic called The Grand Tour that brought the kids from the cartoon into the Realms. It's likely not even close to canon, but it does exist.

I've also been told that in one of the Baldur's Gate games, there's a portrait of the kids from the cartoon hanging on the wall in a merchant's shop.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  20:46:39  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

Actually, there was a (lousy, in my opinion) one-off comic called The Grand Tour that brought the kids from the cartoon into the Realms. It's likely not even close to canon, but it does exist.

I've also been told that in one of the Baldur's Gate games, there's a portrait of the kids from the cartoon hanging on the wall in a merchant's shop.

Yep. One of Hank and one of Bobby in the Adventure Mart in Waukeen's Promenade.

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  20:48:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is my opinion that they should tell a new story with new characters, and that no one character is a guaranteed hit.

Readers are a small percentage of the movie-going populace. Fantasy readers are a small percentage of that small percentage. And FR readers will be a still smaller group of that. The Realms has not had a 50 Shades of Meh or Sparkling Prettyboy Vampires or anything like that.

This movie is not for us; even if every FR fan out there opted to boycott it, it'd likely not have that much effect. They're making a movie to go after the larger movie-going populace.

If they made a movie based on any one character, most people would be blissfully unaware of that fact, and likely wouldn't care if told.

It's easier for the movie writers to start from scratch, and in terms of movie success, catering to us is not a priority; it's likely not even in the top 10 list of concerns.

Me, I'll give this movie the same consideration I give any other one: If the trailer grabs me, I'll go see it. If not, I won't.

Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  21:46:51  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrinishad

I wouldn't be surprised if it is set following Driz'zt's involvement in the "Out of the Abyss" adventures... The D&D Adventurers League season that coincides with the release of the film, will likely have the Adventures written to capitalize on the audience and attract new players.
Don't forget that the movie would still be 2-3 years away even if they had started shoting it yesterday as soon as the agreement was signed.

However they haven't even casted for it yet, so if they want to tie it to the the current storyline (which I also believe they will), we're talking about whatever will be around the 8th new storyline after Rage of Demons.
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  22:44:32  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warcraft is a juggernaut of pop culture...? At least where I'm from, it's even more niche than D&D. Is it that different in other parts?

I'm happy with the movie announcement. Whether if fails or succeeds, it signals they're still willing to do new stuff in the Realms like they said, and not just milking whatever is left like many of us have been fearing.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  23:12:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mapolq

Warcraft is a juggernaut of pop culture...? At least where I'm from, it's even more niche than D&D. Is it that different in other parts?

It's likely the biggest MMO in the US, by a large margin. It's the only one I've seen advertised on TV, and it's even been adapted for PnP.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  00:30:52  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's fair to say that every Realms fan has heard of WoW but not every WoW player has heard of the Forgotten Realms. I know a ton of people I work with who play it religiously yet they know nothing of the Realms. But then I ask if they played Neverwinter Nights and explain that was set in the Realms they're like "ooooh! That was set in the Realms?".
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  00:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Yep, in fact I think I have that comic book buried in storage somewhere. Haven't played the Baldur's Gate games (outside of the D&D Next module).
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  03:53:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three pages and no one has bothered to think of the casting that Hasbro can afford for a Drizzt movie?

Two words: Idris Elba.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  04:16:19  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Three pages and no one has bothered to think of the casting that Hasbro can afford for a Drizzt movie?

Two words: Idris Elba.

I was thinking Marlon Wayans, since he was in the first Dungeons & Dragons movie.

After that comment, I'm looking for the nearest portal into Undermountain.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  04:48:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mostly unknowns for the cast works best (or Euro/Oz actors). No 'big names' that will steal the show.

Maybe ONE big actor, just for a cameo by Elminster (or Khelben, or whoever). Someone who either narrates, or even better, just shows up to give them some good advice and then *POOF* he (or she) is gone.

Morgan Freeman as an old Drow instructor at Melee Magthere, for example, in 'Superman-esque' prologue scene.

Something like that. For the rest I want new blood who can act their asses off, not some middle-aged ass-hats just looking for another paycheck.

EDIT: Maybe for a narrator, MIRT; and have it played by Alfred Molina - he 'bulks up' nicely and still looks cool doing it. His 'Spiderman' connection could attract the curious nerdbois, at least.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Aug 2015 04:55:50
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  06:01:33  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd always thought Rick Alan would make a decent Drizzt. In a sneering, condescending, slightly-threatening sort of way. But then again, I think Patrick Stewart would make a good Khelben, and Shawn Wallace has to be in there somewhere, I'm a warped soul.

If they cast one of those golden-blonde-square-chinned super-elf pretty boys as the main character then I won't bother. As it is, my expectations are low and it can wait until I see DVDs at my local library or video store.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  10:29:09  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Ray Park (Darth Maul) could play the Dark Elf (with someone else dubbing the voice). Imagine him with ash grey face paint and he kind of looks like the Drizzt in my avatar. Also, he has fighting skills. And is even a name that might drive a considerable amount of Star Wars fans to the movie. In the scene were the hangar doors open and Darth Maul looks up to face the Jedi (I wonder what he was looking at, though, was there something interesting on the floor?) - it's basically the same look Drizzt gives in the avatar to the left.

Edited by - Caladan Brood on 05 Aug 2015 10:30:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000