Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep 2015 Photos
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  16:20:03  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all!

It was great to meet those of you that were able to attend (and that I got to talk to), and great to see some familiar faces again this year! I hope everyone had as great a time as I did.

Here are the photos of the event as promised and just like last year's photos, you are free to download and use them as you please.

Enjoy!
https://goo.gl/photos/RjcagTQ5ugNSPvFv6

-Travis

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  18:04:51  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  18:31:37  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link! Again, it was great to meet everyone. I'm really going to miss being surrounded by Realms fans.
Maybe next year!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:27:55  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun! Who's who?

Dugmaren Brightmantle is my homey.
Go to Top of Page

Galadhion
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:48:19  Show Profile  Visit Galadhion's Homepage Send Galadhion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pleased to have contributed a goofy expression to at least one picture. Thank you for taking these!

Eric Menge
Game Designer / Writer
www.mythmakers.com
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:53:12  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
JEFF GRUBB!!! I smiled so widely my cheeks touched the walls! Did anybody record the seminar? will it be podcasted somewhere?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  00:14:15  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The seminar was recorded (not by me), but I don't know if it is going to be made available or not.

-Travis
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  00:20:39  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rils

Fun! Who's who?

First picture with the crowd, I'm sitting on the front row, blue t, tan pants, next to the lovely lady in pink.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  03:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm the guy in the white cap in the back. Loved meeting everyone!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  12:44:14  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

Fun! Who's who?

First picture with the crowd, I'm sitting on the front row, blue t, tan pants, next to the lovely lady in pink.

I'm on his other side.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  14:01:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that Menzoberrazan on the map in the background?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  15:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

It is, indeed. Mike Schley was kind enough to donate a print of his Menzonerranzan map, which we raffled off later in the seminar.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  15:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great seeing everyone at the gathering. Sorry I couldn't be there for more of it.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  20:55:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:

It is, indeed. Mike Schley was kind enough to donate a print of his Menzonerranzan map, which we raffled off later in the seminar.

Also, I for one found out I'd been mispronouncing his name. The EY rhymes with high, not hay.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  20:59:16  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun times. Thanks to everyone for coming, and thank you for taking the photos!
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  01:02:07  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:

Also, I for one found out I'd been mispronouncing his name. The EY rhymes with high, not hay.

I wasn't aware of that either. I mispronounced Drow for years. (It Rhymes with "cow", not "know.") Just like I'm sure I've mispronounced the Chionthar River since 1987.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  02:54:51  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll never, ever pronounce drow like cow. It should be like crow damnit and I'll take that belief to the grave. Drow like cow sounds stupid.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  04:14:22  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fun! Who's who?

I was the guy with the long hair, glasses, and beard in the front row with the tote bag and digital camera (in it's case) strapped across my torso.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  09:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm the ridiculously tall guy in the gray shirt who couldn't seem to sit normally in a chair.

We recorded it for our own reference, not for distribution. We want people to feel free to speak candidly without worrying about how whatever they say will sound on social media.

I had a great time. Thanks guys!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  09:50:08  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:'-( ... I understand the reasoning. But I'm really sorry that might mean those of us who couldn't attend won't ever get a chance to hear what was discussed.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  11:55:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

I'll never, ever pronounce drow like cow. It should be like crow damnit and I'll take that belief to the grave. Drow like cow sounds stupid.

Ditto! I know the correct pronunciation, but I go with the one that sounds better to me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000