Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Does Maalthiir still rule Hillsfar?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  14:59:50  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is Hillsfar still ruled by Maalthiir and the Red Plumes?

If not, then is the city a haven for racial hatred?

Im planning on running a Moonsea campaign and I would like to feature Hillsfar. I thought about Maalthiir having become a lich and still rules the city.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  16:05:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

Is Hillsfar still ruled by Maalthiir and the Red Plumes?

If not, then is the city a haven for racial hatred?

Im planning on running a Moonsea campaign and I would like to feature Hillsfar. I thought about Maalthiir having become a lich and still rules the city.

If your running a 5ed era camapign check on the D&D adventures league website as the latest campaign (Rage of Demons) is set in Hillsfar and theres a page on site detailing the Hillsfars recent history

At present the site appears to be down (its timing out on me)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  22:22:33  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found it and this:

Within two decades, however, the
fortunes of the city took a turn for the worse, and
Maalthiir left Hillsfar for an unknown destination.

Emmmmm why did he leave? Oh god, is this how they are going to handle things now? No explanation, nothing but a "oh he just left."

Cheers for the info though.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2015 :  01:35:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Emmmmm why did he leave? Oh god, is this how they are going to handle things now? No explanation, nothing but a "oh he just left."

Welcome to the 5E Realms. Enjoy.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2015 :  01:48:40  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

-- George Krashos

To be fair, 4E Realms was the same :)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2015 :  01:55:46  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Actually he died in 1460 DR trying to become a Lich

http://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hillsfar-Regional-Character-Options.pdf

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2015 :  11:41:09  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Actually he died in 1460 DR trying to become a Lich

http://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hillsfar-Regional-Character-Options.pdf

Thanks for that and now I know.

I think I am going to have Maalthiir succeed in lichdom because I see no reason to have him fail in the attempt.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2015 :  11:46:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Theres also 5ed write ups for Phlan and Mulmaster on that site

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page