Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ghazneth question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElrikDarkstorm
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  02:34:05  Show Profile  Visit ElrikDarkstorm's Homepage Send ElrikDarkstorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if the Ghazneths were effected by psionics or were they able to absorb it the same as they did with magic ?

Let Me Die Not In Hunger But In Combat

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  02:35:37  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im afraid I dont know, nor do I know id it was ever said

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  03:00:10  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When they were statted up for the 4th Dragon Magazine Annual, no mention of psionics was made at all.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  14:04:47  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It depends on whether a DM treats psionics as magic, as far as the rules are concerned, or not.

If yes then ghazneths are immune from psionics. If not then they wouldn't be.

Of course the whole reason for ghazneths to exist was to have an unkillable plot device for a good story, so I would assume ghazneths are immune and any attempt at mind control runs a serious risk of driving an attacking psionicist insane.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000