Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WotC June 2015 Survey (Setting Poll)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  23:07:28  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Mike Mearls posted up the June Survey (D&D 5e Elements Survey 5) on the Wizards site:
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june_survey2015 (Article Link)
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/D-D-5e-Elements-Survey-5 (Direct link)

Of most relevant interest is Question 1:
Which of the following campaign settings would you like to see updated to fifth edition D&D rules? (Please choose all that apply.)

A list follows with check boxes, including Forgotten Realms and Kara Tur, along with all of the classic TSR era campaign settings (Birthright, Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Mystara, Planescape, Ravenloft, Spelljammer) as well as some newer ones like Eberron and Nentir Vale.

If you have any interest in campaign setting support, this is the survey to participate in.

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  23:12:34  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they mean rules-support for the setting, not lore support. We should use the comment section to specify that. Anyway, thanks for the link.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  00:15:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They've got my input.

Thank you for posting that link.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  00:16:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think I'm going to sticky this one for a while...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  00:49:52  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted and said I wanted a 5th edition FRCS in the comments!
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  01:20:41  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The questions of the survey are clear they mean 5e rules support. Be free to mention lore in the comments. Although I don't think it's what they're looking for, so not sure how effective such comments will be, perhaps phrase it as rules support with a lore background would be more relevant.

However, I feel it's a bit of a chicken/egg situation. A popular setting (regardless of the metrics used, whether rules or lore) will have a higher probability of getting support, period.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  02:02:30  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feedback sent (Forgotten Realms, not interested in the other settings). Also requested an updated FRCS in the comments.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  03:24:38  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dark Wizard.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  05:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feedback sent as well. Although it's not likely to happen, a version-neutral campaign book was a request-comment.
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  06:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I said in the comments to ignore all the people requesting realmslore and asked for more Hollow World.

Jk asked for Realms-stuff ofc
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  13:27:10  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

The questions of the survey are clear they mean 5e rules support. Be free to mention lore in the comments. Although I don't think it's what they're looking for, so not sure how effective such comments will be, perhaps phrase it as rules support with a lore background would be more relevant.

However, I feel it's a bit of a chicken/egg situation. A popular setting (regardless of the metrics used, whether rules or lore) will have a higher probability of getting support, period.

Yes, that's what I did. I obviously expressed my desire for a FRCS, but I don't think that we're going to get lore-rich or lore-focused supplements anymore, so I also tried to be realistic with my feedback.

BTW, is it just me, or is this survey extremely short (with just 1 page) if compared to the previous ones?

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Jul 2015 13:28:36
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  17:47:13  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This tweet: https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/615931686656720896 explains it better. It seems that they are going to ''cover'' the settings and classes in their UA articles, so I wouldn't expect much lore...

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Jul 2015 17:47:39
Go to Top of Page

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  20:08:48  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I threw in my votes for Forgotten Realms & Spelljammer. Thri-Keen, Gith, and Goblins. Alchemist, Artificer, and Runepriest.

And the obligatory request for a 5th Edition FRCS in the comments.

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000