Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Eltab & Citadel Of Conjurers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

c1b3rshad3
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2015 :  16:23:44  Show Profile Send c1b3rshad3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a module, old or new, that has the layout and details of the Citadel of Conjurers?
Thanks.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2015 :  18:21:25  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, there is no published module ever dealing with the Citadel of Conjurers.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2015 :  19:23:13  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But there are plenty of details lurking inside George's head, you just have to ask really, really nicely and offer some ideas of your own in the hopes that some of George's secrets escape.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

c1b3rshad3
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2015 :  21:37:55  Show Profile Send c1b3rshad3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. what an asthe candlekeep has. thank you for the prompt response Mr K and daz also. I only asked because I was thinking of building a character who might seek to free him or ally with him eventually. I guess I was just on a general lore hunt. I am on my mobile at the moment so I will not list them but I had already found a few older and newer references and info on him n wotc material. Mr. K do you DM?
Go to Top of Page

c1b3rshad3
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2015 :  23:14:37  Show Profile Send c1b3rshad3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last reply should have read.....

Yes. what an asset candlekeep has in Mr K. thank you for the prompt response Mr K and daz also. I only asked because I was thinking of building a character who might seek to free him or ally with him eventually. I guess I was just on a general lore hunt. I am on my mobile at the moment so I will not list them but I had already found a few older and newer references and info on him n wotc material. Mr. K do you DM?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  02:33:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The name is George and no I don't DM. In fact, at last reckoning, I haven't rolled dice in anger for over two decades. The next GENCON I get to I actually plan to play a D&D game!

If you have any specific questions or queries, please head on over to my thread in the Chamber of Sages and post them there.

In terms of official lore, the starting point is the write-up of Eltab in "Champions of Ruin".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

c1b3rshad3
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  12:23:31  Show Profile Send c1b3rshad3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  14:03:07  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never even heard of Eltab - but that's the great thing about the Realms. Now there is, once more, something I just need to research :-)
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  15:16:43  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, you are in for a treat, the history of Eltab, Narfell, Thay, and Impiltur is excellent stuff. Check out Champions of Ruin, and George's thread in the Chambers of the Sages. The Timeline of Impiltur that was done for GenCon last year is also good for some background. Then when you read the various sourcebooks about Thay and its history the bits about Eltab all make much more sense.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2015 :  21:07:33  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips, I'll do that :)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2015 :  17:45:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Nope, there is no published module ever dealing with the Citadel of Conjurers.

-- George Krashos

So, George, are there any captured celestials or powerful fey entrapped in the citadel of conjurers, or are we only thinking fiends and beings from the far realms........ (waits to see if he takes the bite to design something)

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  07:16:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are no beings from the Far Realms. There are some creatures from the Elemental planes. There is one trapped deva that was being experimented on - Ilythlon by name - he is thought to be in stasis somewhere in the Third Dark. Oh, and there is Orbilaur. He's a rather unique telthor in the form of a snow owl that was captured by Eltab and "sent back" to the Citadel for study (with a large patch of ground and trees, also magically transplanted to the site). Orbilaur is trapped there but provides a safe haven for lost adventurers of goodly bent. He hates and slays demons with a passion and the few, independently roaming fiends that can access his grove avoid it like the plague.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2015 :  00:56:34  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

There are no beings from the Far Realms. There are some creatures from the Elemental planes. There is one trapped deva that was being experimented on - Ilythlon by name - he is thought to be in stasis somewhere in the Third Dark. Oh, and there is Orbilaur. He's a rather unique telthor in the form of a snow owl that was captured by Eltab and "sent back" to the Citadel for study (with a large patch of ground and trees, also magically transplanted to the site). Orbilaur is trapped there but provides a safe haven for lost adventurers of goodly bent. He hates and slays demons with a passion and the few, independently roaming fiends that can access his grove avoid it like the plague.

-- George Krashos

Gotta say... the telthor was a unique addition. That I like very much. It would be even more interesting if it were a snow owl druid that had been awakened..... which brings to mind, are there any feats that allow a druid to shapechange into humanoid form (or maybe intelligent plant)?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000