Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Erin Evans' next book for Brimstone Angels?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  19:59:39  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know it's only been less than a year since Fire in the Blood, but I've very much enjoyed the series since the beginning.

Do we know anything yet about whether it's been contracted, or perhaps a possible release date if it has? Maybe a working title that I can put on my "watch list"?

I'm guessing early-to-mid 2016, but it would be great if sooner.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  20:30:33  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's been contracted already and I think it's being released later this year. I'm sure I've seen Erin M Evans talking about it in another scroll. Can't find it now though, so you should probably wait for someone else to confirm it.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  20:55:38  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! If anyone happens to know the working title, I can put it in my "watch for" list.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  21:30:02  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't the "tentative" title Ashes of the Tyrant or something along those lines?

[goes to check]

Yeah, it is, apparently it's up for preorder on amazon, too. {[EDIT] and some other places too i think.}

Edited by - Demzer on 14 Jun 2015 21:31:00
Go to Top of Page

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  02:46:00  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=3&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=2156640&org=CXAL&sku=0786965738
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  08:32:37  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa, nice! October 2015 - way sooner than I would've expected.

That's great news, thanks everyone.

--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  01:12:45  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Figures that as soon as I posted that link the book would get delayed. Erin reported on twitter today that the book will come out 12/29 instead. Not too much longer and as good as the last book was, so good I leterally threw a very masculine hissy fit when it ended, it will no doubt be worth the extra wait.
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  01:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fish321

Figures that as soon as I posted that link the book would get delayed. Erin reported on twitter today that the book will come out 12/29 instead. Not too much longer and as good as the last book was, so good I leterally threw a very masculine hissy fit when it ended, it will no doubt be worth the extra wait.

A late December release date is a way movie and television studios and the publishing world states "we're not certain if we'll release it within the year, or push it into next year." Or it could be the real, and revised, release date.
Go to Top of Page

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  02:54:50  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Troy Denning has his book set to release on that same date and I have a feeling you hit the nail on the head with regards to that one. I saw the revision for Erin Evans book directly on her twitter so I'm going to be hopeful and assume we will get it then. I began reading the forgotten realms with Salvatore's books and with his schedule of a book or two a year I've been content but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very eager for the next brimstone angel installment. Erin has a wonderful cast of characters. Hopefully over the next twelve months we will get a book or two from Salvatore, one from Erin, one from Troy Denning, perhaps another from Ed and if we are extraordinarily fortunate perhaps another author will give us a novel. Regardless I am very happy with the current schedule of novels
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  02:57:42  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed has another book planned after Spellstorm. He already had that back in March, when he wrote the intro to his updated site.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  05:08:16  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to confirm: That is the real revised date I was told by WotC just today (so earmark those holiday B&N gift cards!).

The book's been moved because I needed more time to complete it. I'm pregnant and let's just say it's been a rough few months! I believe Troy's book will also be moving to accommodate his schedule (if you aren't aware of his Halo book, go check it out!), but I can't confirm a new date for it.

I'm glad to hear you're all looking forward to it! I will now go back to finishing it. :)

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  08:18:54  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Irennan and Erin for that. I do so hate to make comments without anything to support them, angry mobs frighten me. Congratulations to you Mrs. Evans on the upcoming child. May he or she find nothing but love and happiness in this life, laughter and joy in every breath, health and pleasure in every heartbeat.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  18:13:21  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

Just to confirm: That is the real revised date I was told by WotC just today (so earmark those holiday B&N gift cards!).

The book's been moved because I needed more time to complete it. I'm pregnant and let's just say it's been a rough few months! I believe Troy's book will also be moving to accommodate his schedule (if you aren't aware of his Halo book, go check it out!), but I can't confirm a new date for it.

I'm glad to hear you're all looking forward to it! I will now go back to finishing it. :)

Congratulations on having a baby on the way! And thank you for still finishing the book despite having more important things going on in your life. I have long awaited both a full view of Tymanther and the downfall of Asmodeus.
Go to Top of Page

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  20:53:06  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cover art is out and it looks good. Here is a link for those who wish to take a look

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=3&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=2156640&org=CXAL&sku=0786965738
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2015 :  21:48:23  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am looking forward to the release, as I love the series, but I do wish there were more FR books, like there used to be. I miss the abundance of novels that there used to be. I can just live off Drizzt or Elminster. But I am excited for Evans new book!

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000