Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 the official status of mulmaster and status of god
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2015 :  20:56:07  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://dndadventurersleague.org/state-of-mulmaster/

Edited by - silverwolfer on 28 Apr 2015 21:11:23

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2015 :  21:04:22  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Tower of Mysteries includes small temples to Leria, Velsharoon, and Savras, as well as a shrine to Mystra (whose worship is illegal within the City). Since only Cloaks and visiting dignit

Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  00:50:39  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This write up contains some major errors.

It is stated many times that Mulmaster is a highly religious city. It is described as being "jammed" with temples, and shrines.

Wizards are only expected to join the Cloaks once they reach level 4.

You also use "where" instead of "were" repeatedly. You also misspelled "Leira" as "Leria".
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  01:16:36  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

This write up contains some major errors.

It is stated many times that Mulmaster is a highly religious city. It is described as being "jammed" with temples, and shrines.

Wizards are only expected to join the Cloaks once they reach level 4.

You also use "where" instead of "were" repeatedly. You also misspelled "Leira" as "Leria".

Six temples and five shrines isn't nothing - and those are just the ones open to the public.

It's made clear in the article that the authorities don't consider low-level wizards a threat and so neither would they be attractive to a spellcasting organization.

Silverwolfer's first language is not english.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  02:40:11  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Royally screw you both, freaking sods.

My first language is English, and it is a cut and paste of the article. I did not write it.

Blind ass scribes.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  07:19:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the people you are attacking was defending you.

The other voiced legitimate issues, likely in an attempt to provide some constructive criticism. I'm sure no offense was intended, especially since there was nothing personal about it.

So I think a little more civility is in order, here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  10:02:12  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry silverwolfer! Not to dig myself any deeper, but the way you type on Candlekeep is very reminiscent of people I've messaged whose first language isn't english and I made an assumption. That was wrong of me.

I forgive the rudeness of your reaction.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  13:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really appreciate the article. It gives some nice details on who's who in the city, as well as advice for how to run the city in a game. The sentencing chart is fun, and I liked the advice for cadtingcasting while trying to hide your gestures.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  18:11:37  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

You also misspelled "Leira" as "Leria".
And the lady of deception is most pleased by this

Or at least she would, if she weren't dead still and Cyric is secretly reaping all her resurgent worship

Edited by - Mirtek on 29 Apr 2015 18:11:50
Go to Top of Page

The Last Zulkir
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  18:25:27  Show Profile Send The Last Zulkir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't she supposed to be alive again? Sundering and everything? Or is Our Lady of the Mists still down for the count?
Go to Top of Page

Crai
Acolyte

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  18:27:15  Show Profile Send Crai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Savras is back! This is great news .... he's my favorite FR deity.

The details and specifics of Savras' return would greatly interest me. Although at the current "rate of reveal" of post-Sundering world updates, learning how such a minor deity has returned may take a long time. And hopefully not never.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  18:33:03  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Last Zulkir

Isn't she supposed to be alive again? Sundering and everything? Or is Our Lady of the Mists still down for the count?

She is mentioned in the PHB as one of the main FR deities, and since those can be used in the organzied play stuff (which is set in the current era), then I guess that she's back.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2015 :  14:06:49  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Silverwolfer. I never would have seen this otherwise. I like what they did with some of what I'm reading. I like that they've kept special noble titles (Zor and Zora or nobles, much like the Thayans use Daeron and Daeroness). I especially like this house of mysteries, with Leira, Velsharoon, and Savras and a shrine to Mystra (illegal). I also like that they mention that the Thayans still have an embassy here, and I'd really like to hear more on what happened with it over the last hundred years.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2015 :  23:41:08  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a very good write up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000