Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels for The Sundering
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  19:19:20  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So i red the two brimstone angels novels and of course the drizze-novels.

Are there other known charakters featured in the sundering saga? Besides Farideh and Drizzt?

And Elminster, it seems. I could read the elminster novels. But there are too much and I dont know if all are available as ebooks. Would you recommend to read the Sage of Shadowdale books? Without knowing the other books about him? Or can you enjoy "the herald" if you dont know the full history of elminster?

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  20:03:40  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you don't really need to have read the Sage of Shadowdale trilogy to be able to understand The Herald, so no worries there. Though the Sage of Shadowdale trilogy does help you know who the characters are.

The Sentinel also features a character that appears in previous Troy Denning books, but you don't really need to have read them.

The Reaver is pretty much a standalone novel.

The Godborn though, I wouldn't recommend reading the book without having read Paul S Kemp's previous two trilogies. You should probably also read Shadow's Witness too (though I haven't yet). The Erevis Cale books are great and you would be doing a disservice to yourself if you started with The Godborn.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

Edited by - Tanthalas on 01 May 2015 19:50:52
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2015 :  04:30:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

The Sentinel also features a character that appears in previous Troy Denning books, but you don't really need to have read them.

In almost every single Troy Denning book... I liked the character, originally, but ye dancing gods, I'm tired of him, now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2015 :  09:42:37  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I red the 2 Brimstone Angels ebooks in about 6 month. Dont have much time for reading currently. :/

Maybe I could read a single book or one trilogie. But 6 books? :D

Or, since the sundering came out, two years ago, and im behind schedule anyway...i take my time(years) to red this books first.

Thanks for the advices. :)

Edited by - Petra_W on 27 Apr 2015 09:43:13
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2015 :  17:51:27  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Maybe I could read a single book or one trilogie. But 6 books? :D"

Seriously, you will not be disappointed with those two trilogies and the stand alone book leading up to The Godborn. My favorite books in the FR setting. There is also a short story online I think you can dig up on this site that answers a small question that arises in "Dawn of Night" that isn't answered in any other book.
Go to Top of Page

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  15:30:47  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried to read the erevis cale books now. But I cant finde the motivation, since I want to get up to date with the FR-Novels.

But since the Sundering-Novels are stand alone. Can i read just the one about drizzt, the one about farideh and the ones without featuring characters...then continue the series about the brimestone angels and the drizzt-crew and when im up to date I read the erevis cale books and his sundering novel later?

Or will I miss something important for later novels if I dont read alle the sundering novels
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  19:29:35  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy of Spellstorm hasn't arrived yet, but I think it's safe for you to follow that plan.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  14:50:09  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For spellstorm I need to read the elminster books first, so I think I skip this too.
Archmage will be about drizzt again. Then I should be up to date.

edit: Godborn is about Erevis Cale, Herald about Elminster.

Sentinel and Reaver doesnt feature special charakters that I need to know better first. So I can read this and Adversary and Compagnoins too. 4 out of 6 books is enought stuff to read for me.

Edited by - Petra_W on 03 Jul 2015 14:53:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000