Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Questions for the Sages 2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Riley37
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  10:51:21  Show Profile Send Riley37 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
How many spellcasters of 9th level or higher live in Phlan?

Just one, Doomguide Yovir Glandon, who casts Raise Dead on AL PCs?

A handful? A dozen? More?

How about 15th-level casters, who can cast a high-grade Dispel Magic?

How many casters level 9+ and 15+ live in Mulmaster, Melvaunt, Zhentil Keep?

Would Phlan have a permanent teleportation circle to Zhentil Keep? (seems likely the Zhentarim might have one in their lair, from the days of Cvaal Daoran, no?)

Would Phlan have a permanent teleportation circle to Baldurs Gate?
To Neverwinter?
To any other locations?

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  11:45:40  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What time frame or specific year are you asking about? It would vary, and perhaps greatly, depending on when you looked.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Riley37
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  06:55:00  Show Profile Send Riley37 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, good question! I'm interested in 1490-1492, for a 5E storyline.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  08:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No idea. You're probably going to have a hard time getting an answer, for the simple fact that very few details about the 5e Realms have been released. Unless or until they release a 5e campaign setting, you're pretty much on your own.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2015 :  05:12:47  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not have my 3E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book, but I recall it has population figures for most locations that could probably be used for the 5E Realms.

Likewise the 3E Dungeon Master's a Guide has tools for figuring how many NPCs of a certain level live in an area by population (I do not know if the 5E DMG has such rules too).

Anybody have a 3E FRCS handy?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 27 Apr 2015 05:14:23
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  20:13:02  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back in 3rd edition Skip Williams wrote "Portals of the Moonseas" which specifically mentioned Phlan and Zhentil Keep.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2015 :  00:04:04  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there ya go. Phlan has a portal to Zhentil Keep but it goes via a lich's lair in Northkeep.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000