Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 warlock fey pact help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2015 :  03:04:13  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm running a forest gnome fey pact warlock as NPC in my Princes of the Apocalypse campaign.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a patron?
I wanted someone with a trickster type personality but that not absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance,

Monty aka HobbitFan

Edited by - hobbitfan on 16 Apr 2015 03:04:40

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2015 :  05:29:39  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either Squelaiche (patron god of leprechauns) or Nathair Sgiathach (god of faerie dragons, but doesn't seem to consider himself a dragon). Both playful and full of pranks. (Monster Mythology, pg 123 & 124)
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2015 :  06:27:41  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are also the Korred god Tapann the Undying, and his daughter Shiallia. Korreds are said to be descended from warped gnomes, acording to some sources, so I think's those two would be acceptable.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  01:46:23  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to those who posted the helpful suggestions :)

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  04:33:29  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can see Erevan Ilesere working out well too, or of course Baervan or Baravar of the gnomish pantheon.

It seems like non-god things would "work" better for warlock pacts -- something like a gnomish version of a leshay or elder titan or primordial. But I don't know of any such things already existing, and gods can be different things to different people, so I think the bottom line is go with whatever you like best.
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  17:12:05  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's possible some gods double as Archfey, we have allready a precedence of it with Queen of Air and Darkness/Auril for example.
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2015 :  15:43:28  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Either Squelaiche (patron god of leprechauns) or Nathair Sgiathach (god of faerie dragons, but doesn't seem to consider himself a dragon). Both playful and full of pranks. (Monster Mythology, pg 123 & 124)

Leprechauns have a god?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2015 :  00:28:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, there's Damh from the Seelie Court..... a little less trickster and more bardish though, but I could see it fitting a forest gnome.

Damh (pronounced "dav," meaning "horned beast"[1]:118) is the fey deity of dance, song, and celebrations. His symbol is flutes, pipes, and a drum. Damh appears as a male korred with long, tawny-auburn hair tied into braids. He carries a set of pipes, a wooden flute, and a harp. A physically powerful god, he may ambush hostile invaders into fairy lands. He is a god of the Inner Circle of the Seelie Court, Damh is the son of Titania and Oberon.

Damh's main worshipers are korreds, satyrs, and atomies. According to Monster Mythology, Titania worries so much about the various sylvan races that Damh felt compelled to take over some of her responsibilities and, therefore, lighten her load.[

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2015 :  03:23:21  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

Leprechauns have a god?

Apparently. Personally I can't (and don't want to) see leprechauns as worshiping anyone in the sense of clerics and temples, but I can see someone saying "hey, these guys are my little buddies, if you mess with them you mess with me." (with a defiant little puffing out of the chest and 'tough' expression)

I'm kinda inclined to look at all fey that way, making their relationships with gods (or archfey, whatever) more like what you see with teenagers and their 4-8 yr old siblings... for the most part the little ones will avoid seriously ticking off the bigger brother/sister because they don't like being yelled at, but they have a strong independent streak, a short attention span, selective hearing, and no apparent long-term memory.

Also, the older sibling is still immature enough to say screw the rules when the younger ones are really having fun, and join in the shenanigans.

Edit: obviously not all older siblings feel protective or inclined to join in the frivolity. But the powers that adopt fey races and stick with them are like that in my head.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 23 Apr 2015 03:26:00
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  13:39:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and it may be that many of the Seelie Court work through this method (i.e. warlocks or people that make pacts of some sort with them... back during second edition, I'd made up a class called Faerie Sha'ir which dealt with the Seelie and Unseelie Courts instead of with genies)

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000