Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If we don't get a new FRCG.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sylvain
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  18:23:55  Show Profile Send sylvain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I am starting to think they just don't have the resources to give us everything we want, when we want it. Tyranny of Dragons and Princes of the Apocalypse weren't even fully written by WOTC, and all we have directly from WOTC are the core books.

I'd like to think they are working on a Campaign Setting but are simply too short-staffed to have it out right away. Anyway, I'm staying positive that us Realms fans will get our CS.

They are also very much concerned about 'getting it right', so a pre-mature release is a out of the question.

I recall them sending out a survey asking what sort of 'prestige classes / paragon paths' we'd be interested in for Forgotten Realms, I think that is a clue that they are working on something.

Edited by - sylvain on 15 Apr 2015 18:28:31
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2015 :  02:11:24  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul
Oh no no! I wasn't implying that's what you meant. I was basically talking about other people on different forums.

If I am to be blunt, I am not interested in things outside the TTRPG and I feel that I am not alone. I do think Wizards is going to be left holding the bag while Paizo continues to take in more and more business.

I gotcha. No worries. I didn't mean to imply I'd taken things too personally. Sorry for any confusion. I do tend to read into things too much from time to time.

I can definitely understand only being interested in the Tabletop game. I enjoy Neverwinter, and the Sword Coast Legends stuff looks interesting, too. But time doesn't let me play them much.
I'd rather see stuff in bite sized, but organized chunks.
At the same time, if I were a teenage/college age kid with more time on his hands, I can understand the clamor for more material. But I'm not, and WotC has expressed a desire to cater to more than just the teens.

I do think sylvain makes a good point about them not having the resources to give us everything right away. Mearls and others have mentioned a few times in interviews and such that a bunch of the staff got hit with jury duty at the beginning of the year, and that threw everything off track. I might even speculate that it canceled a few things, like maybe conversion guides. By now, the core products have been out long enough us nerds have figured that out without help.

If we don't get a setting, I would like to do something fan made. Maybe put together a pdf with the FR wiki's help, and keep it up to date with what little lore they do officially publish. But at the same time, I don't want to do a fan-made "the Spellplague never happened" setting. I didn't care for that era, but I think it'd be cool if we pulled together and showed WotC the opportunity they missed.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  12:31:39  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just think they should re-release old material again, so peple could buy the setting they liked. Its nigh impossible to get your hands on anything in Denmark and I was told this was due to production halts, so that only the newest was available "forcing" people to buy that setting.

So WoTC print 3.x so I can go buy it!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  14:29:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

I just think they should re-release old material again, so peple could buy the setting they liked. Its nigh impossible to get your hands on anything in Denmark and I was told this was due to production halts, so that only the newest was available "forcing" people to buy that setting.

Much of the old material has been re-released, in pdf format.

Personally, I don't think the demand is there for reprinting old material. When I routinely see older Realms material on eBay going for less than its original cover price, that doesn't indicate a strong demand for it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  23:49:23  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Much of the old material has been re-released, in pdf format.

Personally, I don't think the demand is there for reprinting old material. When I routinely see older Realms material on eBay going for less than its original cover price, that doesn't indicate a strong demand for it.

Indeed they have, but I want physical books here man... Im beyond the age where reading 150 pages of pdf on my laptop is fun...
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2015 :  19:08:37  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not in a rush, I'd be happy with an announcement that there will be a FRCG some day, but we can't even get that. Even 4e had better more interesting support then this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000