Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Troy Denning - Throne of the Dead
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2015 :  04:35:02  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lamora

since they are trying to revitalize the novels.

Where have you gotten this idea from? WoTC has adopted a policy of minimum investment of dollars and then push the marketing of their novel line in such a way as to sync up with their other products.....which in turn would save even more money for WoTC.

There will be no revitalizing of the novel line. Four novels a year is the best that we can ever hope for from now on.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2015 :  04:46:21  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever hope for? I sure -hope- that changes

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2015 :  05:14:02  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Ever hope for? I sure -hope- that changes

Purely my opinion of course. But it is an opinion formed on what I have seen WoTC do and say and from the fact that Hasbro has put D&D in a situation where it has to live and die on it's own budget. That means no more money from MtG or any of their other profitable products.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?315975-WotC-DDI-4E-and-Hasbro-Some-History

EDIT: I should note that this post was from 2012 so some things may have changed. But from what I can tell, Hasbro hasn't changed it's stance on D&D. But here is a Reddit thread discussing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3t3lgs/has_hasbro_really_cut_the_dnd_budget/

Edited by - Caolin on 08 Dec 2015 05:25:36
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  03:25:08  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks like this one has been renamed and is scheduled for September:

http://www.amazon.com/Dagger-Souls-Troy-Denning/dp/0786965975/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450236209&sr=1-1
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  03:43:04  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*scratches head* ooookay then lol

Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  15:24:37  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm, could it be the dagger that Cyric gave to Malik?
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2016 :  18:05:40  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have it on good information that this is not just the same book retitled, but a different story altogether that will still feature Kleef. Possibly due to changes in the overarching FR storyline.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2016 :  15:14:32  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

I sure hope not! It's wonderful seeing Demogorgon and Graz'zt featured in novels. I want to see Orcus too! The idea of Ocrus resurrecting and controlling a dead illithid colony is incredible, and I hate to see it abandoned.

Although, maybe it's possible for RAS to write that into his current series. Personally, I'm surprised that wasn't his storyline, given his penchant for using illithids in his novels AND the fact that he's still using Grandmaster Kane, whose party once destroyed Orcus's wand. I should think old Orcus would want revenge for that.

Speculation aside, there are villains we've waited to see novelized for YEARS, and it can be so satisfying to finally see them given center stage (ex. The Haunted Lands trilogy). I hope that isn't cast aside for Cyric, Shar, and Lolth to continue hogging all the attention (of course, the entire Rage of Demons storyline is Lolth's scheme, signaling that she will indeed continue to hog the spotlight).
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2016 :  22:44:07  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

I sure hope not! It's wonderful seeing Demogorgon and Graz'zt featured in novels. I want to see Orcus too! The idea of Ocrus resurrecting and controlling a dead illithid colony is incredible, and I hate to see it abandoned.

Although, maybe it's possible for RAS to write that into his current series. Personally, I'm surprised that wasn't his storyline, given his penchant for using illithids in his novels AND the fact that he's still using Grandmaster Kane, whose party once destroyed Orcus's wand. I should think old Orcus would want revenge for that.

Speculation aside, there are villains we've waited to see novelized for YEARS, and it can be so satisfying to finally see them given center stage (ex. The Haunted Lands trilogy). I hope that isn't cast aside for Cyric, Shar, and Lolth to continue hogging all the attention (of course, the entire Rage of Demons storyline is Lolth's scheme, signaling that she will indeed continue to hog the spotlight).

Being postponed until September I think it's a safe bet that it will no longer tie to Rage of Demons. We'll be at least one storyline beyond RoD by then, likely two.
Go to Top of Page

buubuu
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  01:34:21  Show Profile Send buubuu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations fine fellows. Does anyone know what has happened to Troy's book? I was hoping to pick this book up for the summer but alas I saw somewhere that it was cancelled.

Ego autem glacies cremor est draco.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2016 :  15:39:03  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think it changed name and some plot points. Orcus is out.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2016 :  17:27:47  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last time I looked, Dagger of Souls (the new title) was going to be released on Kindle

Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  01:56:18  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good ole FR publishing: they won't put the book out in hardcover, but they will charge $26.99 for the kindle version. And since Hero and other new novels all say $15 for kindle on release, I am assuming this 27 dollar price tag will not change. Quality BS there.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  13:47:44  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lamora

Good ole FR publishing: they won't put the book out in hardcover, but they will charge $26.99 for the kindle version. And since Hero and other new novels all say $15 for kindle on release, I am assuming this 27 dollar price tag will not change. Quality BS there.

Holy.... that is insane.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  22:19:41  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
on kindle only? well guess I won't be reading it then. I have a Kobo.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  22:41:23  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I checked on Amazon, which is Kindle. It will likely be available on any ereader.

Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2016 :  03:02:30  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both Throne of the Dead and Dagger of Souls were cancelled, according to Amazon. No word of anything else coming from Troy and Wizards, so maybe it just didn't work out between them :(
Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  01:50:14  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats awful to hear. Just another nail in the coffin of the novel line I guess what with the next Brimstone Angels being the last.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  02:39:37  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*let sigh* such a shame

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000