Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ideas for a Red Knight cohort (3.5)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Garignak
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2015 :  12:23:50  Show Profile Send Garignak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My cleric of Tempus has leadership, and we as a group are building up our keep and army. So I was thinking the cohort should be of the Red Knight since she is a daughter to Tempus and it makes sense regardless. The DM is allowing me to make the character but it will be a background PC will not come on adventures with us which is fine since leadership could become broken. I was thinking of maybe a knight? Basically someone who can train the men and help plan for a defense when the time comes. Any help is much appreciated!

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  09:58:45  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cohorts can be a mount, so you might want to explore that route. A couple other ideas is squire (Ftr, Pal, Cru), a religious leader (cleric or favored soul), or maybe even a Barbarian bodyguard.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  17:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might want to look at a Marshall, from the Miniatures book. It's not used in PC builds for more than 2-4 levels, but it's not exactly the weakest of classes either. It works well as a support class, and fits the Red Knight's ethos to a T. This would be someone who would be training the garrison and army, and then when the siege came would be on the battlements inspiring the defenders to hold against anything.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Garignak
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  18:37:23  Show Profile Send Garignak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally forgot about the Marshall class! Thanks for the input!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  20:48:21  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, like I said, it's not one that PC's often use. So it's not surprising you'd forget about it. But in this case, it sounds like exactly what you're looking for. And if you're trying to keep Leadership from being completely broken, using a flavorful, but not especially powerful class for the cohort helps.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Garignak
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  21:12:13  Show Profile Send Garignak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was originally going to use Knight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000