Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Daggerford Seasons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pukunui
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  00:02:13  Show Profile Send pukunui a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

I'm about to start running the 5e module, Scourge of the Sword Coast, and I am wondering if there's anywhere I can find out what the seasons and weather patterns are like in the Daggerford region.

Does it snow in the winter? How long does daylight last in the summer? That sort of thing.

If there's nothing official in Realmslore anywhere, even a real world analogue would help, as I can just look up the weather patterns and such for that area (eg. I used the daylight hours and such for northern Alaska for Icewind Dale).

EDIT: Is this cartography info from the FR Wiki accurate? If so, it looks like Daggerford is on the 45th parallel north, which is about where Portland, Oregon sits. Would that be a good analogue for Daggerford (with Waterdeep being about where Seattle is)?

If yes, then that would give Daggerford a max of nearly 16 hours of daylight at the summer solstice, and a minimum of nearly 9 hours of daylight at the winter solstice. Will have to see what the weather in Portland is like ...

Thanks heaps!

- Jonathan

Edited by - pukunui on 03 Mar 2015 00:34:10

SaMoCon
Senior Scribe

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  06:55:55  Show Profile Send SaMoCon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The WotC site used to have an interactive page dedicated to weather in Waterdeep which was the major city just 150 miles North of Daggerford. Unfortunately, that page is no longer functioning correctly at least when I looked at it just now. Someone on ENWorld posted up a years worth of weather and other climate information that you could possibly use to extrapolate data for your purposes. If Waterdeep is just North of the 45th parallel then Daggerford is a little further North of the 43rd Parallel.

Make the best use of the system that's there, then modify the mechanics that don't allow you to have the fun you are looking for.

Edited by - SaMoCon on 03 Mar 2015 06:57:16
Go to Top of Page

pukunui
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  07:04:36  Show Profile Send pukunui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000