Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anyone have access to lore from expeditions?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  13:56:37  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone have access to the FR lore being used in the adventure's league? I heard that a lot of the adventure's league is set around Phlan and that the Elemental Evil arch would be around Mulmaster. Currently most 5e FR lore I have seen is limited to the Sword Coast. I would enjoy reading some info on the Moonsea. What is going on in and around the Moonsea and who is in control of those towns?

Tarlyn Embersun

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  16:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This might help. I don't think anything is out for Elemental Evil.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  18:33:22  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do have all of the modules released so far. The lore is based heavily on the Monument of the Ancients adventure from Dungeon Magazine except that the Lord Protector is dead and the regent (the former commander of the Knights of the Black Fist) looks like he won't be able to prevent a full blown riot.

I haven't actually studied the latest four modules yet but so far players haven't gone very far outside Phlan itself - just to the Quivering Forest, Sorcerer's Isle & Twilight Marsh so I haven't read anything about other cities on the Moonsea yet.

I believe the Phlan modules have run their course now however. The Elemental Evil ones should be coming out within the next month or so. I don't know much more than that.

Edit: The Phlan campaign ends with the green dragon Vorgansharax in charge of the city and the PCs too low level to defeat him.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 02 Mar 2015 01:01:11
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2015 :  00:47:10  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished reading through the first adventure from Season 2. Rather than Mulmaster like we thought, it is set in and around Red Larch (which is where the full Princes of Elemental Evil is set). The titles of future publications suggest we'll be going to Mulmaster later (just like in Season 1 there was a beginners adventure in the Neverwinter Wood).

Interestingly, this adventure is set in 1491 DR, whereas all of Season 1 was set in 1489 DR.

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 18 Mar 2015 00:49:13
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2015 :  02:22:35  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is kind of interesting. The roll of years is starting to move at a pretty fast pace. Enworld posted some cool maps from the adventure.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2015 :  07:08:36  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

I do have all of the modules released so far. The lore is based heavily on the Monument of the Ancients adventure from Dungeon Magazine except that the Lord Protector is dead and the regent (the former commander of the Knights of the Black Fist) looks like he won't be able to prevent a full blown riot.

I haven't actually studied the latest four modules yet but so far players haven't gone very far outside Phlan itself - just to the Quivering Forest, Sorcerer's Isle & Twilight Marsh so I haven't read anything about other cities on the Moonsea yet.

I believe the Phlan modules have run their course now however. The Elemental Evil ones should be coming out within the next month or so. I don't know much more than that.

Edit: The Phlan campaign ends with the green dragon Vorgansharax in charge of the city and the PCs too low level to defeat him.

Where can I download that adventure from?

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2015 :  14:46:11  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can get them off the dndadventurersleague.org website if you have been given a password to access the appropriate downloads page. There is a different password for each season.

Most people given such a password are registered store owners.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2015 :  15:44:05  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

You can get them off the dndadventurersleague.org website if you have been given a password to access the appropriate downloads page. There is a different password for each season.

Most people given such a password are registered store owners.

I don't have anything like that. I just want to read through the one with Phlan.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2015 :  00:06:09  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will eventually upload the lore onto the wiki but because Expeditions are only six months old and the wiki doesn't provide spoiler warnings, I'm going to leave it for a while.

As for the downloads password Shadowsoul, find out if any of your local game store owners are registered (the WotC site has a store locator and there are a lot more UK stores than there used to be, though many of them are only registered for Magic tournaments). Offer to DM for them and they'll have to give you hard copies of the modules, if not pdfs or even their password. I'm well known in my local game community and was offered the passwords for both seasons so I could run games for them (and add more content to the wiki).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000