Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Question on Krash's North Timeline
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  10:01:08  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone. I have a quick question about Krash's awesome timeline of the North: does anyone have a copy with the references? There are notations throughout the doc for the sources used, but the Word document I have doesn't have a references section detailing what source goes with which number. There are a couple of entries in the doc that I want to follow up with for more information, but if I don't know what number goes with what source, it's just a bit harder. Many thanks if anyone has it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  11:51:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you through a copy with the references. I do warn you however that some subsequent fiction and recent work means that bits of it need to be revamped.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  09:44:42  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oooh thats excellent news George - how soon are we likely to see the revised version?

I have said this before, but bears saying again. The North Timeline is an immense piece of Lore stitched together by George, I remember fondly seeing it on the Realms-L all those years ago and being blown away by the meticulous work and long hours of research George had done to create the timeline.

Hats off to you George and looking forward to seeing more from you as one of Ed's Creative's on the Edverse.

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  15:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, great, Krash. Thanks a lot. And don't worry about things maybe being outdated, since I live in the 2e world. As an archivist, I can't wait to start digging into all of the footnotes. PM Sent.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  15:27:04  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you want to do with any typos we might happen to notice. Not that there are many, its still absolutely awesome.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  22:31:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

What do you want to do with any typos we might happen to notice. Not that there are many, its still absolutely awesome.

Let me know what they are so I can fix them!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  17:01:23  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a fantastic piece of work! Fair play!

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000