Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 5E plot threads
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  04:05:21  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What plot threads from late 4E or 5E so far do you folks think are interesting and deserve further development or follow up?

Were there particular things in the Sundering novels that you guys think should be touched upon again?

What about in the rpg adventures like Murder in Baldur's Gate or Legacy of the Crystal Shard?

What about storyline elements from Tyranny of Dragons?

Thanks in advance,

HobbitFan

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  04:42:32  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm particularly interested in the following:

1) What happens next in Cormanthor/Myth Drannor. Are the elves going to Retreat again (if so, where to?), or persevere with their Return? Will the events of The Herald make them a bit less arrogant & induce them to cooperate more with other races, or will they become even more insular & xenophophic (especially vs. humans)?

2) What happens to Evermeet; does it come back from the Feywild? Resolution about the fate of Amlaruil & her children. And more generally, the impact of ties between Feywild & Prime Material Plane weakening.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  05:55:27  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a chance to read through any of the Sundering game prodeuct, not have I had a chance to pick up Tyranny of Dragons yet. I plan to rectify this last oversight this weekend and I'll get back to you guys on that count.

I did have a mini-thread on the Sundering novels but no one really joined in there so I guess you guys are talked out on those?
Some things I thought worthy of follow up:

1. The effects on people and the realms of Gods returning. Not from the Gods POV obviously but from that of the people, their chose, enemies, etc. Same deal with geography reverting too. It would be interesting to get POV of characters dislocated by Sundering on both the Abeir and Toril side of things.
2. the anti-undead human resistance in Thay. Definately room for novel and gaming follow up. I wish WOTC would get mr byers to write this for them.
3. The schism within the Cult of the Dragon sounds interesting. I'll see how this plays out in the adventure modules. I'm less interested in Tiamat given her spotty history in the Realms but we'll see. Maybe the heroes from the cartoon can show up to save the day! joke :)
4. BenN's point is well taken. We need to see what's going on with the elves considering what happened.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll check back in after I sleep and see if anything else occurs to me.

Thanks in advance,

HobbitFan aka Monty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000