Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Would you rather see Elminster limited in power?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  01:51:26  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message
I'm going to go ahead and say I'd love to see a Jim Butcher novel set in the Realms. Butcher's books are always awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  02:27:16  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

I'm going to go ahead and say I'd love to see a Jim Butcher novel set in the Realms. Butcher's books are always awesome.

Having favorite authors write for the Realms is something I would like to see someday: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19957&whichpage=2#465418

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

A Publishing Lackey
Seeker

74 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  02:34:38  Show Profile  Visit A Publishing Lackey's Homepage Send A Publishing Lackey a Private Message
And there's irony for you.
Jim Butcher is a fan of Ed's writing.
(As anyone who was at the sparsely attended Writer's Symposium panel that had both of them on it last year at GenCon knows, because Jim certainly said so loudly enough for me to hear, and I was at the back of the room.)

And Tanthalas, you're doing it again. Claiming I posted things I never did. Honesty will carry you farther in life; just sayin'.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  03:45:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
This thread is getting nowhere, fast. I think it's done.

And lest anyone think I'm closing this thread as some sort of defense of Ed... I am on record, in these very halls, as not being a fan of his fiction. His world-building, yes, but his novels just don't work for me. My criticisms are not the same as those voiced here, but I have voiced them before.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Mar 2015 03:47:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000