Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2015
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  22:36:52  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

The time stamp always gets me. :-(

Anyone meeting up now? I'm wearing a grey Jurassic Park shirt, white cap.

time stamp gets me, too. Wife and I are about to leave the craft room to walk to the Ball & Biscuit. If you catch me, you're welcome to join. I'm wearing a black tshirt with the Yawning Portal design on front. Black backpack with a harper pin, not the official one. Wife is in green shirt with teal blue trimmed backpack.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  23:24:28  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be at the gathering tonight, but I'll be a half an hour or so late. I hope that's alright.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  23:41:49  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I missed you, Delwa. Had to head back to the hotel in Greenwood for a stop. Like I said, I'll be late, but I'll be there. So long as you all are there for at least an hour, anyway. That's only because of traffic and the stop. Hope to see and meet you all soon!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  00:26:05  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On my way there now.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  14:32:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything FR related been anounced so far?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  00:55:38  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since WotC doesn't even have a presence here (RPGA has been farmed out and the aren't in the exhibit hall), I don't expect any announcements except from off the record sources.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  04:22:47  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WotC has no presence at one of the largest (if not largest) tabletop gaming conventions on Earth...?! One that D&D more or less birthed? That's...I'd laugh if that wasn't remarkably sad.

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  04:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stopped by Mike Schley's artist booth today. I did hear him tell another customer that he's working on another Sword Coast Map for the upcoming Adventurer's Guide, and that the plan is, if all goes well, for future products to also include other regional maps that will cover the rest of the continent. The impression I got was that all the maps will be able to be put together into one huge map. I don't know if that means future adventurer's guides, or adventures, or what, and I didn't ask. I figured he'd said as much as he could.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  09:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I stopped by Mike Schley's artist booth today. I did hear him tell another customer that he's working on another Sword Coast Map for the upcoming Adventurer's Guide, and that the plan is, if all goes well, for future products to also include other regional maps that will cover the rest of the continent. The impression I got was that all the maps will be able to be put together into one huge map. I don't know if that means future adventurer's guides, or adventures, or what, and I didn't ask. I figured he'd said as much as he could.

Sounds like its back to 1st edition then where I had 8-10 maps that would cover my living room floor to show all of Faerun

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  16:05:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a good thing, then.

I need to step up my game so he can have accurate maps to base his off of.

No Ed and no D&D booth (I am assuming WotC is there in the form of MtG?) - I guess I don't feel as bad about not making it this year. Maybe next year... after I have a few publishing credits under my belt.

Have fun, everybody. I'd love to know what that 'present' was that GK sent everyone at the CK meet-up.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Aug 2015 16:06:04
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  03:30:41  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was awesome to have met a number of you folks in person for once. I honestly had the time of my life, namely on Saturday. I just got home safe and sound a little while ago, so I'm just going to update a few things before I retire to bed.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  03:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

It was awesome to have met a number of you folks in person for once. I honestly had the time of my life, namely on Saturday. I just got home safe and sound a little while ago, so I'm just going to update a few things before I retire to bed.

Likewise! We made it home about an hour ago. We've finally reassured the cats that things are back to normal and are unpacking.
It was a pleasure meeting you all.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  03:58:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll not be home until very late mańana eve... It was a lot of fun meeting everyone!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  14:11:31  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made it back last night, slept in this morning, now feeling cognizant and processing all the events (and the amount of money) that had happened. It was great meeting new faces (and finally meeting Wooly and Joran in person).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 03 Aug 2015 14:17:19
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  22:39:30  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also made it back safely about an hour ago. I had a wonderful time at GenCon, and getting to meet Ashe, Wooly, Delwa, Galuf and the other fine members here truly was the highlight. Bryn also sends her best to all of you, and very much enjoyed meeting you! Meeting you all was like meeting best friends that I haven't seen for a long time. It was like going home again, and for that I want to thank all of you. Also, a hello again to your wife from us, Delwa! I'm sure she and Bryn had a good time teasing about us while you and I spoke in the Exhibit Hall!

Maybe next year we could arrange a D&D campaign for some of the members here that might be interested? Also, would it be possible to get lanyards made, or shirts? I'd love to have either or both if possible!

Another huge thank you to Garen for the beautifully crafted Harper pins! I just know he found someone to cast a worldwalk spell and bring them to us straight from the Realms themselves! ;-)

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  12:46:44  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may be interested in a t-shirt or lanyard...

If there is enough interest, I could do some pricing for one or both.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 04 Aug 2015 12:47:25
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  15:04:27  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Also made it back safely about an hour ago. I had a wonderful time at GenCon, and getting to meet Ashe, Wooly, Delwa, Galuf and the other fine members here truly was the highlight. Bryn also sends her best to all of you, and very much enjoyed meeting you! Meeting you all was like meeting best friends that I haven't seen for a long time. It was like going home again, and for that I want to thank all of you. Also, a hello again to your wife from us, Delwa! I'm sure she and Bryn had a good time teasing about us while you and I spoke in the Exhibit Hall!

Maybe next year we could arrange a D&D campaign for some of the members here that might be interested? Also, would it be possible to get lanyards made, or shirts? I'd love to have either or both if possible!

Another huge thank you to Garen for the beautifully crafted Harper pins! I just know he found someone to cast a worldwalk spell and bring them to us straight from the Realms themselves! ;-)

I'm sure they did. I'll be sure and tell her hello!
The game sounds like potential fun. I'd be scared to death if I were on the DM side of the screen, though. I'm not nearly the lore monkey as some of you are.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  15:04:39  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

we already have lanyards, actually. I simply forgot them in the hotel room, and was not willing to walk all the way back to the Westin mid-seminar to get them.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  16:58:46  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:

we already have lanyards, actually. I simply forgot them in the hotel room, and was not willing to walk all the way back to the Westin mid-seminar to get them.

I certainly understand that, to be honest.

Is there any way we could possibly get them still? I'd be happy to send you the money for shipping if so.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  18:02:26  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would be interested in a lanyard.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2018 :  16:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So... CS2 is Sacred Sisters of the Crying God, George Krashos's delightful gift for the GenCon Candlekeep Seminar in 2015.

I've got CS3 (Lalya Maurshanta 2016), CS4 (Yahdi al-Alam 2017) and CS5 (Tyrants in Scarlet 2018).

I can't find anything marked CS1, presumably for 2014.

Was that the year George's gift was The High History of Impiltur and it just wasn't marked CS1 on the electronic document hosted here at Candlekeep?

Or is there another lore gem out there I haven't found?

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2018 :  18:44:44  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Icelander

So... CS2 is Sacred Sisters of the Crying God, George Krashos's delightful gift for the GenCon Candlekeep Seminar in 2015.

I've got CS3 (Lalya Maurshanta 2016), CS4 (Yahdi al-Alam 2017) and CS5 (Tyrants in Scarlet 2018).

I can't find anything marked CS1, presumably for 2014.

Was that the year George's gift was The High History of Impiltur and it just wasn't marked CS1 on the electronic document hosted here at Candlekeep?

Or is there another lore gem out there I haven't found?

Yes, technically the High History of Impiltur was "CS1".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2018 :  21:36:55  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway to get CS1, CS2, and CS4?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2018 :  23:20:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

E-mail me at krashos@optusnet.com.au and specify which ones you want.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2018 :  23:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

They're also hosted on Alaundo's Library / Traveler's Notebooks / Various Unofficial Lore in these very halls.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  14:38:20  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found them.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 21 Aug 2018 14:38:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page