Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2015
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2015 :  19:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

I just registered for the Candlekeep Presents: The Women of the Forgotten Realms and Spin a Yarn. Anything else related to Candlekeep or the Realms that I need to add? I want to have a chance to meet you guys, after all. Also, so you have to sign up for getting ooks signed, or is that elsewhere and free?

None that I'm aware of. If WotC posts something later, as mentioned in the above posts, maybe? But other than a Lords of Waterdeep board game or the 5e DnD games set in the Realms, that's it.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2015 :  21:05:31  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

I just registered for the Candlekeep Presents: The Women of the Forgotten Realms and Spin a Yarn. Anything else related to Candlekeep or the Realms that I need to add? I want to have a chance to meet you guys, after all. Also, so you have to sign up for getting ooks signed, or is that elsewhere and free?

None that I'm aware of. If WotC posts something later, as mentioned in the above posts, maybe? But other than a Lords of Waterdeep board game or the 5e DnD games set in the Realms, that's it.

Okay, thank you.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  00:50:38  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the Spin a Yarn and Candlekeep as well. See you guys there!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  03:32:02  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Query. I didn't see the info on the GenCon FAQ. Generic Tickets, can they be purchased at the Con, or do I need to purchase some now, just in case?

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  04:07:57  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that in the past, games of D&D have been run by Chris Perkins with Ed Greenwood playing, and others such as R.A. Salvatore, and people can watch the session. How do you find that at GenCon? Can I register to watch the game now, or is it something special that requires something else?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  13:06:26  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Delwa - You can purchase now or at the Con.
Joran - Those are usually invitation only events and I think the watching was done via the players announcing what was going on on social media.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  21:57:01  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that the sessions are on YouTube, which is how I watched them. Just to be sure, here is a link to the one from 2010 that I watched and enjoyed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRysdSwoaME

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  16:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We are working on getting a larger space and more tickets for the Candlekeep seminar, which sold out really quickly.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

qstor
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  17:26:03  Show Profile Send qstor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going too.

Mike

"There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar

http://www.twitter.com/qstor2
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  17:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

We are working on getting a larger space and more tickets for the Candlekeep seminar, which sold out really quickly.
The wonderful folks at Gen Con have moved our room (just next door), opening up another 40 seats for Candlekeep Presents. Those of you who missed out in the initial round, get on 'em!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  05:42:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You boys sure are popular - and with good reason. For any Realms fan, the C-Keep Seminar is where it's at! Am insanely jealous as I type this and come August, will expect a full wrap-up of what went down.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  16:11:56  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, I am no longer able to attend Gen Con this year, and I'll particularly miss the Candlekeep Presents seminar. If you're attending, you definitely don't want to miss it.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  16:41:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Sadly, I am no longer able to attend Gen Con this year, and I'll particularly miss the Candlekeep Presents seminar. If you're attending, you definitely don't want to miss it.

That is disappointing! How are we supposed to discuss my share of the royalties for the Grand History?!?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  21:14:01  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be at Gen Con this year, as usual, and for the first time at the Candlekeep event. I don't know if I will make Spin a Yarn. I have the time slot open, but have something before and after, so don't know if I hotel travel time will permit.

If anyone can make it, I'm doing 6 seminars this year, three for Gen Con Industry insiders and three for Kobold Press. You can check out the schedule here: http://eytanbernstein.com/2015/05/15/my-gen-con-schedule/

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  01:59:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dang. Well, pencil in 2017 as I'm hoping to make a return for the 30th Anniversary of the release of the Ol' Grey Box.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  18:05:17  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gen Con in 2017? Absolutely, George. Coincidentally, 2017 will also be the 10th anniversary of the Grand History. We should do something special, if unofficial, to commemorate the occasion. Maybe even let Wooly help.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  18:10:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gen Con in 2017? Absolutely, George. Coincidentally, 2017 will also be the 10th anniversary of the Grand History. We should do something special, if unofficial, to commemorate the occasion. Maybe even let Wooly help.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  19:26:01  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe even let Wooly help.

Let's not get too carried away!

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  19:30:35  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Maybe even let Wooly help.

Let's not get too carried away!

-- George Krashos

Why don't you just let him be the mascot? I hear he does an awesome job in a hamster suit.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  14:44:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this is disappointing... I was looking forward to finally meeting Ed and getting his autograph.

From an email from the Office of Ed Greenwood:

quote:

Ed will not be attending his usual conventions this year.

As some of you may already know Mr. Greenwood has had to cancel many of his scheduled public appearances for 2015. Mrs. Greenwood, his lady wife, turns 80 this year and unfortunately her health isn't as good as it used to be. So while the Boss will still be able to attend some events, he does need to be back home in the evenings to take care of his family. So no overnights for a while.

This means that, for the first time in decades, he will not be attending GenCon and we have had to cancel his planned trip to Madison, WI in November to attend Gamehole Con.

He will still be attending his summer book launch in Toronto for his two new hardcovers (Iron Assassin from Tor and Spellstorm from WotC) on Saturday 27th June at Bakka Phoenix and he does plan to attend Toronto's Fan Expo but only for the afternoon of Saturday 5th November.

We know this is disappointing news but we hope you will understand that Mr. Greenwood's family must come before the fun and joy of hanging out with his friends and fans.

We hope to update you all soon with some happier news & updates on the doings of EG & his sessorium.

Sincerely,

Ed & his minions.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 May 2015 14:45:42
Go to Top of Page

lilibat
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  14:52:55  Show Profile  Visit lilibat's Homepage Send lilibat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadness. :-(
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  15:00:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Ed has attended GenCon 8, GenCon 13, then GenCon 17 and every one since. He's still going to try to fly in and fly out on the same day if he can manage it, but it increasingly looks like he can't manage it.
Some scribes may not know this, but Ed is his wife's nurse, the cook, the home handyman, the homemaker, AND holds down a public library job in his household, as well as writing tens of thousands of words per year and doing game design and, yes, answering questions from scribes. The man is an Energizer Bunny wannabe. With bad knees.
Wooly, I'm truly sorry. You're just going to have to make several billion dollars in business, open a branch office of one of your mega-corporations in Indianapolis, and visit it to inspect operations for, say, two weeks centered on GenCon, every year...
I may even drop by to warm the beds...ahem.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

lilibat
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  15:09:18  Show Profile  Visit lilibat's Homepage Send lilibat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only met Ed once, last year at Gencon, but he seems like a really genuinly great guy and his care for his beloved confirms that. I just wish her the best health possible and good fortune to him. It's our loss that he won't be there but it's good that he is doing what he can for her.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  17:46:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully the wonders of technology might see Ed make an appearance at the Candlekeep Seminar. But as he says - family comes first.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  18:36:11  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*raises hand*

my first ever trip to GenCon - for the first time (if ever) it is actually held at a time I can go

School teacher and by mid August we have already started school, so i LOVE the late July start

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  18:44:46  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are saddening news to hear, I just hope that it is nothing too serious and wish Ed and his wife all the best. Also, at the risk of coming off as obvious, Ed should really take a day off sometimes, even energizer bunnies need to recharge.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2015 :  04:23:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Dang. Well, pencil in 2017 as I'm hoping to make a return for the 30th Anniversary of the release of the Ol' Grey Box.

-- George Krashos

I've been struggling against all obstacles to plan for this one, too. I fully intend to make the 2017 celebration my first Gen Con attendance.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2015 :  23:56:28  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...30th Anniversary for the Ol' Grey Box in 2017...2 years is plenty of time for me to save some gold and try to go to my first Gen Con...

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2015 :  03:49:56  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me in for 2017 too.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  16:35:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Gen Con 4-Day Pass just arrived in the mail, literally minutes ago!

I dig the lanyard, too.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000