Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Fate of Candlekeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Faediira
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  19:50:01  Show Profile Send Faediira a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail and well met gals and guys...I have a question as to the fate of candlekeep. I know the wards were drained away and used to revive the mythal protecting myth drannor. However I'm left with the question as to what actually happened to the candlekeep library itself since I was unable to get a copy of the book to read for myself yet. Was the library completely destroyed like in ruins books over centuries and millenia old completely wiped out. If the library took damage I need to know just how much. If anyone who read the book(s) can help me out please do so. This is driving me nuts.

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  20:25:34  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The library is still standing from what I recall. There might be some internal damage, but nothing major if I recall correctly.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  21:15:21  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yikes. Might want to put a spoiler tag on your thread title.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  14:34:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I recall of the initial 'shock news' when 4e was released, Candlekeep itself is now detached from the coast, sitting on a high promontory of rock just off the coast. Its still there, but not quite as accessible as it once was.

I actually like that. Its one of the few pieces of 4e lore I read and thought, "Hey! Cool!".

I picture it looking something like THIS (minus all the modern stuff at the bottom), but only a few hundred feet from the main coast (with a hellish channel of choppy rock-outcroppings between).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Jan 2015 14:34:52
Go to Top of Page

Faediira
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  15:22:34  Show Profile Send Faediira a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very cool Markustay thank you

May the light of Eilistraee burn bright in the face of evil...bastard swords high.
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  18:15:43  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

From what I recall of the initial 'shock news' when 4e was released, Candlekeep itself is now detached from the coast, sitting on a high promontory of rock just off the coast. Its still there, but not quite as accessible as it once was.

I thought it was on one of those earthmote things, very similar to the earthmote in Neverwinter.

I'm probably remembering it wrong...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000