Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Maps of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Eli the Tanner
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  22:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Eli the Tanner's Homepage Send Eli the Tanner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is great. I like the improved text format, much easier to read. I have a question though, what year (DR) is this map supposed to correspond to?

Moderator of /r/Forgotten_Realms

Edited by - Eli the Tanner on 10 Mar 2015 23:11:16
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  22:55:19  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thumbs up, for the map and the layer choices. Nice work!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2015 :  08:48:21  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very impressive work, nice layering.

Although i did notice one correction was attributed to me that i definitely didnt add (Shaeradim or whatever it is - never heard of it).

When i have a free minute i will concentrate on individual areas one at a time and review all the places i have in them.

Maybe i'll start alphabetically with Anauroch.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  00:19:41  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me having issues or is the link broken?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  02:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The zoomable map isn't working. The other links are working

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  03:03:58  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The server appears to have eaten my file, I'll have it back up tomorrow.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  03:21:15  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

The server appears to have eaten my file, I'll have it back up tomorrow.

Any plans on doing maps like this for Zakhara? Pretty please!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  17:39:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Nordahaeril, THIS is about as official as it gets.

I am sad to say none of those map projects have seen the light of day, except for some parts that were used in Mike Schley's maps. Hopefully, someday...

And YES, that is part of a MUCH bigger map - one that is finished (I think).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 16 May 2015 01:54:45
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  17:52:00  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright the zoomable map is back up. The plan is to slowly extend the area it covers, but it is slow going.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2015 :  21:21:58  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I am sad to say none of those map projects have seen the light of day, except for some parts that were used in Mike Schley's maps. Hopefully, someday...

:O :O :O !!! ... !!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Weeeeeee! Great! Can't wait to see the whole map (and realmslore I suspect comes with it)!

Absolutely fantastic work! Thank you!

@perlmugp thanks for putting it back up. Even in it's WIP state this is still a great tool! A big thank you to you too, and courage too!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 17 May 2015 21:22:51
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  22:26:35  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Moon Mountain Brewery is missing on your map, though ;-P

http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/lore/elminster/moonmountain.shtml

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 18 May 2015 22:27:02
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  13:49:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why, so it is!

Both Eric and I missed that one - good catch!

EDIT: Curiously, it would NOT have appeared on that snippet regardless - the scale of that map is enormous, and it would have been off the southern edge.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 May 2015 13:52:12
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  10:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this awesome work! :)

EDIT: missing fort morninglord's ruins south of Elturel

Edited by - Arioch on 24 May 2015 10:29:59
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2015 :  12:38:13  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why, so it is!

Both Eric and I missed that one - good catch!

EDIT: Curiously, it would NOT have appeared on that snippet regardless - the scale of that map is enormous, and it would have been off the southern edge.

Alright ^_^ I guess I just estimated 'on the banks of the Unicorn Run two days' travel north of Secomber' wrong. Depends on wether you're on foot or pegasus' back, probably ;-P

Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  00:44:59  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Lhuve? Shouldn't it figure on your map, Markus? thanks in advance!

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  00:53:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed it should ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  15:19:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Which one?

They are there - they were just further North.

Another Snippet

EDIT: I can't recall if we finished this map/project. Not sure what happened there toward the end. I must be getting old and forgetful.

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Jun 2015 15:21:42
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  15:24:33  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
more maps(nippets)?! I just cried a little! thank you so much! Can't wait to see all of it! (there are four Lhuve's? :O ) .... hmm I feel like I should try to find at least -something- you would have forgotten on the map ;-P Do you have Karscragg on it?

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  17:14:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Five.

Talontower is a repurposed Lhuve.

The unlabeled site (with the red line going to it) is a Dlardrageth Armory (there were five of those as well IIRC - two have proper names, but thats not one of them).

And once again, here's to hoping that the High Forest sourcebook sees the light of day at some point.

EDIT: And I just realized there's no way thats the final map - most of the text doesn't have the 'glow' that makes it pop.

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Jun 2015 17:19:42
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  19:04:46  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In which year is this map valid? Are the avariel there canon?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2015 :  00:10:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe so. I was just placing stuff as directed with this one.

You'll note I used the 'ruin' icon, though. I use a different icon now (note Mhilamniir and Karse) for 'extensive ruins'* - meaning more then just one building, like a settlement (think RW ruins). The old, solid square one is of the 'dungeon' variety.

This map wasn't specifically dated like the Shining Vale (Daggerford) one was, but I think it is circa the 3e era (so 1370's).

*EDIT: So having said that, I suppose Lothen should have had that 'extensive ruins' icon as well. I think I was just trying that out for the first time and hadn't finished changing the rest.

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Jun 2015 00:18:15
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2015 :  17:45:57  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't Gairackdar figure on your maps, Markus? ;-P

Edit: Oops, it does.. just missing a few letters.

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 06 Aug 2015 15:59:15
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2015 :  16:00:22  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just noticed 'Korianthil Lands' on the snippet. I'm intrigued. Is it something you (or Eric) can tell us more about at this time?

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2015 :  17:51:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be up to Eric Boyd.

Although I read through his work (which I am sure is greatly added-to and modified by now), I don't recall the specifics, nor is it my place to share them. I try to only elaborate on those things which were preexisting to The High Forest project.

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2015 :  18:06:06  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Which one?

They are there - they were just further North.

Another Snippet

EDIT: I can't recall if we finished this map/project. Not sure what happened there toward the end. I must be getting old and forgetful.

Oh wow that is fantastic! That's exactly what I need for my current campaign. Is that full map available anywhere? Perhaps for purchase? Awesome work.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  01:12:17  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Askovyn Tangle supposed to be Auzkovyn Tangle? The two names seem awfully similar.

Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  01:57:35  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The resolution is not readable for Woody Glen area of the High Forest (NW'ish).

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  17:13:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really wish I had time to get back to all these wonderful FR maps, but alas, my plate is rather full these days. (In a good way - waiting for some announcements).

quote:

Is Askovyn Tangle supposed to be Auzkovyn Tangle? The two names seem awfully similar.
I would assume so, but you would have to ask Eric Boyd that. All the names were given to me to place. I just did a search of the (brilliant) pdf and couldn't find either.

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

Oh wow that is fantastic! That's exactly what I need for my current campaign. Is that full map available anywhere? Perhaps for purchase? Awesome work.
I would have to ask Eric Boyd if he wouldn't mind me posting the full map at this point (and perhaps the Daggerford/Shining Vale one as well). I did them for him personally. Not sure if anything will be done with them down the road at this point. If he says I can post them, I would probably make them exclusive to The Realms Secretariat (where Eric & Krash have been posting some lore). It cannot be sold, because neither one of us owns the IP, or have any rights to it.

And YES, the map is WAAAAAAAY bigger then that. It encompasses the whole of the High Forest and surrounding regions, and connects directly with the older Shining Vale map (which I completely re-did to make sure they matched).

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Aug 2015 17:14:55
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2015 :  02:48:54  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool. I've been searching for exactly that type of detailed map. It's so nice to be able to refer to one map with ALL the locations on it, rather than trying to use 3 different maps, between three versions, etc. My players (especially my wife) are exploration driven and they will stare at these maps and discuss what may be here or there for hours at a time. They LOVE the maps, especially your work. All the maps, in particular yours and Mike Schlay's have been driving my entire campaign. Good maps just really make a huge difference. Please let us know if the entire map can be shared. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

kalos72
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2016 :  18:54:41  Show Profile Send kalos72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all, sorry if I am resurrecting an old thread but I was wondering if these maps are still available some where?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000