Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lamruil Moonflower, Maura and Araevin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  11:21:51  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Was there ever any follow-up to the story of Lamruil Moonflower, Maura and Araevin after 1380?

I can't find anything.

Was it intended to be a book that was never published?

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  13:49:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No follow up. I always thought Elaine Cunningham would be given the opportunity to write "Prince of Evermeet" (or somesuch), but that never seemed to be on the agenda. The Tree of Souls debacle didn't likely help either.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  17:43:15  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, that's too bad. An Elaine Cunningham novel about Lamruil would've been amazing. I'm guessing no other historical note or anything was made during 4E either.

Oh well.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  17:57:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without trying to get into yet another edition debate, I'm going to note that with the transitions of 2E to 3E, and then again from 3E to 4E, there were storylines -- or potential storylines -- that were simply dropped as if they never existed. It's one of the things that irritates me about those transitions.

In particular, I'm still irked about the fact that the Harper Schism was simply brushed aside and that the Manshoon Wars were ended with little more than a footnote. So much potential for adventures and stories in those two things, and they were simply kicked to the curb.

The whole thing with Lamruil and Maura is another great example of that. I'd love to see WotC hire Elaine to complete that story.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  19:16:33  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mmmm, a new Elaine novel. Or ten. It'd be very nice to see her return and spin new tales in the Realms again. :)
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2015 :  22:17:17  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. Elaine was one of my favorite FR authors

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2015 :  12:45:46  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second that, I miss her FR novels, specially those related to the Song & Swords heroes.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page