Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Baldur's Gate 1.5 ...new game announced
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  02:54:39  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/12694/new-baldur-s-gate-game-code-named-adventure-y-to-be-released-later-this-year.html

Am I the only one looking forward to this? Who is writing the storyline? I want more Realmslore!

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  03:11:45  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wow! I look forward to seeing more details on what this is going to entail. The BG series was truly fun. Heck it still is.

Edited by - Eilserus on 16 Jan 2015 03:13:40
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  04:04:50  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! From the link (and various other articles on the web):
- It's a bridge between BG1 & BG2
- Being developed by Beamdog
- More news/announcements in the Spring

I can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  05:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks promising. If I remember right, a couple of the people at Beamdog worked on the original BG games, so it has a decent chance of living up to its predecessors. Can't wait! I've enjoyed the Android versions of both BG:EE and BG2:EE, so we'll see what happens.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2015 :  09:51:42  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds awesome. although I wonder how will they handle it all. And if this would mean some new, DLC-like material for Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition, to be contained with Baldur's Gate 1.5, possibly to expand themes in it, in form of sidequests.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2015 :  16:42:31  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder where it will be set? In Baldur's Gate or parts South? Possibly Candlekeep? Very excited. Hope the sales are well high so we can dream of Baldur's Gate 3. If only BioWare would get involved (and Ed and Jeff Grubb too)
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  14:41:14  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally these type of games are being resurrected

I really enjoyed Divinity Original Sin

There's also Pillars of Eternity (26.3.2015.) and Numenera Torment this year

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  13:27:08  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if Amber E. Scott gets/got to work on the writing.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  14:37:55  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pillars of Eternity, Numenera Torment, a Baldur's Gate game, it's like Christmas all over again. Now if only there would be a revival and/or update of the Gold Box games I would be deliriously happy.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  11:15:49  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a few hours to go, before...something.......

http://www.baldursgate.com/

Go to Top of Page

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  21:47:39  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished playthroughs of BG1 and BG2 in anticipation for this. :)

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage

Edited by - ZeshinX on 09 Jul 2015 21:47:56
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  23:29:32  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tic toc tic toc
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2015 :  00:02:01  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely interesting. Is there an event coinciding at Comic con when the countdown ends?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2015 :  03:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm watching a live demo of the now announced expansion: Baldur's Gate, Enhanced Edition: Siege of Dragonspear Castle on Beamdog's Twitch channel. I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing. They've definitely caught the spirit of the game in gameplay. They got Jim Cummings to do Minsc's voice again, which makes me happy.
I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2015 :  04:00:11  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must gather your party before venturing forth!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2015 :  04:31:42  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but here's another link:

http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2015 :  12:04:11  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/10/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-expansion/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2015 :  12:31:41  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-countdown-ends-at-the-siege-of-dragonspear-expansion/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

I'm excited to say the least!
Long live the renaissance!

It's like a dream coming true with the new isometric RPGs - Pillars of Eternity (which is beyond excellent), Sword Coast Legends and now Siege of Dragonspear.

Edited by - Caladan Brood on 13 Jul 2015 12:33:11
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2015 :  14:05:15  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do wonder thou how long it will take until someone remakes BG and BG2 using the Sword coast legends Dungeon creation set

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2015 :  15:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I do wonder thou how long it will take until someone remakes BG and BG2 using the Sword coast legends Dungeon creation set

That would be awesome. They had a mod for NWN2 come out about the same time as the Enhanced Edition for the original BG. Haven't played it yet. But seeing the game come to life in this game's environment would be pretty sweet.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000