Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2015)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  10:32:44  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

And I'd just like to tell all scribes that in your reply to Wrigley, you stated the "prophecies in the Realms aren't actually predestiny or unavoidable fate, but more after-the-fact interpretation" view perfectly, and it's what Ed believes/writes/designs...if the gods COULD control things perfectly, there'd be no heroism, as mortals would just be following scripts, so your adventuring is all for naught...

Thank you and Mr. Greenwood for this answer but it relates only to included theorem not my question. Could you please ask him to shed a little light on events surrounding the creation of Roll of the Years and those participating oracles (Alaundo, Aughatra, ...)? As they were divided by centuries it always bugged my how it was actualy made together.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  17:27:27  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Wrigley, Ed will indeed answer you when he can. Whenever I drop in to the Keep, I scoop up all posts and forward them to him. So he will reply...sometime. Promise!

(And BTW, all, the fact that Eilistraee herself pronounces her name that way doesn't mean that others across the Realms don't say it differently, and she still answers to all the variants. Qilué and the Seven and El always pronounced it "Isle-ISS-tree," even when addressing the goddess face to face, in the "home" Realms campaign.)

CorellonsDevout, Vhaeraun is back to being himself, with the same portfolios. His ethos is SUBTLY changed; he is now advocating drow dwelling in the World Above (the surface world) be good citizens where doing so will enhance their chances of staying alive and being accepted, and do their evil deeds as covertly as possible. In other words, do good when and where it profits them to do so.

Irennan, the lines you asked about at the end are indeed canon, according to Ed.

Evrat, Draxius was respected and increasingly feared throughout his reign; he was competent, firm, kindly...but increasingly, when nobles and others tested him, showed he could be ruthless. Or at least, that's what Ed has said (quite some time ago, now) speaking as Vangerdahast and Elminster to we Knights. (Yes, we ask questions, too. A lot.)

Bootravsky, Ed will have to give you proper answers, but here's how far I can go by myself, based on much Realmsplay over more than 30 years with Ed as my DM

Tilverton's water came from deep Underdark wells, pumping from a subterranean lake just north of the settlement and its sewers drained to a higher/shallower level of the Underdark well to the southeast, where there was a "fungus kingdom" of interconnected caverns crowded with all manner of molds and toadstools and lichens and, yes, myconids.

Yhaunn is a gigantic bowl that's well watered because the prevalent winds blow onshore up its mouth, and bring thick, clinging morning mists (rooftop cisterns collect wash-water). Drinking water comes in carts from wells in the heights inland, and a cask "fillup" costs 1 cp (so, no creeks); other wagons taking the nightsoil away at 1 cp for a large bucket dumped. Tidal inundations aren't common, but storm surges are, blown ashore, which is why dockside warehouses have "high-crib" pallets (waist high on most adult humans), with the goods stacked atop those, and why certain cargoes are brought from storage higher up straight to loading or from ship-hold unloading. The Stiltways began as ways of moving things dryshod from upper level of warehouse A to upper level of warehouse B, and they now snake everywhere among dockside buildings and for two to three streets back from the docks. And yes, flooding sometimes reaches five or six streets back from the docks, but folks just move upstairs; the ground floors are used for cooking, and all good stored there are in boxes, casks, or sacks so they can readily be "hauled up" stairs, or put on a trapdoor platform let down from the ceiling and winched back up, to the floor above; most dockside buildings that aren't warehouses are businesses on the ground floor (fish markets and packers, coopers, carpenters, etc.) and have two or three floors of inhabited space above, each with its own trapdoor-winch-hoist connecting with adjacent floors.
As for the street differences you noticed, explanations are fairly simple: Urmlaspyr and Yhaunn "just grew" (Yhaunn in a crowded bowl) in a country where coin is king and there's little overall planning and authority, whereas Westgate, Myratma, and Zazesspur all had far more authoritarian local government at various times, that have the power and inclination to demolish unwanted buildings and enforce wider streets and a simpler street layout. Alleyways breed disease and crime and lack of accountability, and so should be eliminated. (Many capitol cities in our own real world bear evidence of large-scale past clearances and "improvements" of this sort.)

And Delwa, I think you are onto something!

That's all for now, fellow scribes; awaiting the next message from Ed...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  19:20:39  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Nice questions Bootravsky! And cool answers!

I've pronounced Eilistraee isle-ISS-tray-ee, but I like the try-ee. Guess that just goes to show we all read things differently. And I like the fact that Elminster says it differently than the goddess herself... something about that just seems awesome.

Very happy that Eilistraee and Vhaeraun are both back, and that Vhaeraun was... humbled a bit perhaps, but not completely changed. I very much like the "shading" of drow, both on the surface and below. As black as they are physically, nuance is necessary. They're useless as NPCs if they're one-dimensional.

Question: Ed, do you have ideas about the Underdarks of other parts of Toril? There's an "Alternative Underdarks" article back in Dragon #267 (with Volo's Elminster-assisted take on some elven nations, Thank You!), which offers four ways to "change things up" if the classic Underdark doesn't suit us. Of course there are bits of these different ideas in "our" Underdark, but do you see the look and feel of the Underdark beneath the Hordelands or Kara-Tur or one of the other continents being perhaps significantly different than the one beneath western Faerun?

Also, is there an Underdark on Selune or any of the other planets in Realmspace?
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  22:50:52  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
Thanks again, Ed and THO! Glad to know about Vhaeraun

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  23:53:12  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
Hi THO,

Has Ed made any mention of Selvetarm or Kiaransalee?

With Selvetarm supposedly slain (and now returned) with the Crescent Blade and its god killing ability, and Qilue being struck down with the same sword and being the Chosen of two deities, is it possible she isn't "gone" like we think? I'm not sure about her body, but if Manshoon is darn hard to kill because of his status as Chosen, Qilue should surely exist in some form?

I think the Qilue question was maybe asked a few pages back, so please disregard that question if so, unless its OK to say. ;)

Thank you. ;)

Edited by - Eilserus on 17 Nov 2015 00:02:53
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  23:56:21  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
I agree, though Qilue deserves to be with Elkantar in Eilistraee's realm (or Arvandor or wherever the souls of E's faithful currently reside), unless of course her soul was completely destroyed to the point where she doesn't even get an afterlife.

Hey, I am a sap lol.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  00:01:39  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Hi THO,

Has Ed made any mention of Selvetarm or Kiaransalee? With Selvetarm supposedly slain (and now returned) with the Crescent Blade and its god killing ability, and Qilue being struck down with the same sword and being the Chosen of two deities, is it possible she isn't "gone" like we think? I'm not sure about her body, but if Manshoon is darn hard to kill because of his status as Chosen, Qilue should surely exist in some form?

Thank you. ;)

Selvetarm and Kiaransalee should be back, if we go by the ''Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide''. THO mentioned that Qilué could have become a voice in the Weave, but I would also be very interested in knowing what happened to her. However, reading what Ed said about Eilistraee not being actually killed, and part of her power being dragged into the Weave as she was possessing Qilué, it follows that Qilué was dragged into the Weave as well.

@CD If Cavatina's soul survived, then Qilué's surely did too.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 17 Nov 2015 00:02:25
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  00:28:43  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
Yep, I was counting on it. I was curious if there was any updates on them like Eilistraee and Vhaeraun. I've always liked Selvetarm and Kiaransalee. Any info to help weave them two into a campaign would be awesome. I imagine there might be some change in how they operate since their "deaths". For instance, Selvetarm was attempting to break his faith away from Lolth somewhat before he died and the Revenancer's lunatic faithful were creating that giant voidstone gate to open the way for an undead army. At least I think that's what the Crones were doing. Curious what they are working towards or how they operate now etc.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  00:41:22  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
I would really like to see Selvetarm breaking free from Lolth (perhaps with the aid of his father and/or aunt), and even more to see him, Eilistraee and Vhaeraun reaching some sort of cooperation against Lolth, as unlikely as at is.

Edited by - Irennan on 17 Nov 2015 00:41:37
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  10:33:09  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Could I take a ride on Selvetarm's question and ask if Ed has seen my question on his temple and followers in Undermountain?

Besides, is there a different relation between driders and followers of the Thane of Lolth?

EDIT: In comparison with the relation between driders and followers of other drow deities, I mean.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 19 Nov 2015 10:18:26
Go to Top of Page

Apprentice
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  18:10:38  Show Profile Send Apprentice a Private Message
Hello, Ed and The Hooded One.
I would like to ask a few question, if you please.

1. What about a final fate following members (listed in the Volo's Guide to the North) the Arcane Brotherhood?
Jaluth "Snakeface" Alaerth
Ornar of the Claw
Deltagar Zelhund
Galarth Ultashund
Alatha Sonsybal
In the Lords of Darkness was a bit of information about what happened to them after their escape from the Hosttower, but in future they do not make an appearance in any published material, as far as I know.

2. About the Twisted Rune. Exept Khelben, anyone Chosen ever have any sort personal contact with Runemasters?

Sorry for my very poor English.

Edited by - Apprentice on 18 Nov 2015 18:22:01
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2015 :  03:45:53  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message
I'm reading Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and it feels like the writing style is trying hard to replicate Ed's writing style. Did Ed actually contribute anything to this book directly? (I don't see him listed as a direct contributor to this book in the credits so I'm assuming it's simply others mimicing the style).

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2015 :  06:20:43  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Apprentice

Hello, Ed and The Hooded One.
I would like to ask a few question, if you please.

1. What about a final fate following members (listed in the Volo's Guide to the North) the Arcane Brotherhood?
Jaluth "Snakeface" Alaerth
Ornar of the Claw
Deltagar Zelhund
Galarth Ultashund
Alatha Sonsybal
In the Lords of Darkness was a bit of information about what happened to them after their escape from the Hosttower, but in future they do not make an appearance in any published material, as far as I know.

2. About the Twisted Rune. Exept Khelben, anyone Chosen ever have any sort personal contact with Runemasters?

Sorry for my very poor English.

Your English is fine - better than most, tbh, and that's a very nice question for a newcomer. Welcomes
Go to Top of Page

Khaelieth
Learned Scribe

103 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2015 :  13:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Khaelieth's Homepage Send Khaelieth a Private Message
Hello, THO and Ed!

I was wondering how High Lords of Loudwater are elected (if they are), what kind of government Loudwater has, and how it functions. The time frame is 2nd and 3rd edition, so 1358-1374, approximately.

Also known on other forums as ChazSexington, Kusghuul, and Claudius.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2015 :  17:51:02  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JohnLynch

I'm reading Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and it feels like the writing style is trying hard to replicate Ed's writing style. Did Ed actually contribute anything to this book directly? (I don't see him listed as a direct contributor to this book in the credits so I'm assuming it's simply others mimicing the style).

Ed did some unoffical consulting for the book, as far as I know.

Go to Top of Page

Hoihe
Acolyte

Hungary
8 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  14:27:07  Show Profile Send Hoihe a Private Message
What exactly are Divine Seekers?

Are they like Rangers/Paladins/Divine Champions/Hospitallers?

Are they just some guy who worships and serves a god, but doesn't get anything major in return?

Does Sehanine have a developed structure for Divine Seekers?
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  08:03:33  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Thanks Ed for your live DMing show tonight!

Were there any changes to Ahghairon's tower, as a result of either the Spellplague or the intervening years? Is it still impenetrable as of 1490 DR? NDA?
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  05:59:54  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Happy Thanksgiving to whomever is celebrating it!

I wonder if I could bother Ed for a few words/names. I'm looking to make a few tauric creatures for a revamp of the H1-H4 series (thanks to Shadowsoul for the idea; I'm having fun with it), and they should have appropriate names.

The first is a dwarf matched to a bear, wolverine, or badger... I'm torn. The dwarves are shield dwarves of Hillsafar Hall in the Galena Mountains, circa 1350 DR, and I'm hoping to make these "dwarven centaurs" the respected cavalry of the dwarves' near-surface defenses.

Also a halfling/fox, and a human/white wolf - these dwell in Waukeshire and the Warrenwood, in Bloodstone Pass.

So I'm looking for a dwarven word for a large and fearsome bear or wolverine or badger, which can perhaps be paired with the word for dwarf which THO just recently shared with us...

And hin words for a halfling and a larger-than-normal and particularly clever fox...

And finally Damaran identifiers for themselves and for great white wolves.

If you've already decided what these words are, in the home campaign. If not, that's fine. Thank you very much!

(Edits reflect banter subsequent to this post)

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 11 Dec 2015 07:03:21
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  21:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message
Badgewarf and Halfox springs to mind
On the more serious side combining dwarf and wolverine/badger sounds a lot like gnome to me. As there is already known population of deep gnomes in Bloodstone pass you could easily introduce reclusive clan of animalistic gnomes from Galenas that can perhaps change shape or naturaly have more animalistic visage (and perhaps abilities like burrowing or better smell).

Edited by - Wrigley on 27 Nov 2015 22:42:40
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2015 :  02:01:28  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Yea, I'll admit it sounds kinda wacky. I've heard that wolverines are not to be underestimated, though. dwarf+bear could be more evocative.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2015 :  06:48:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Dwarverines!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2015 :  10:30:45  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Heh the bear possibility is growing on me, but thanks for the clever suggestions.

I'll let THO and Ed pick one.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2015 :  21:32:54  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Hi again!

What is the western terminus of Dead Man's Walk, the path across Vaasa circa 1360?

And how about the eastern end of Gramble's Climb (Garumn's Climb?), which also crosses the Galenas?

Edit: rediscovered the 4e map, and am now translating, and sorting the sensible from the irrelevant.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 11 Dec 2015 06:58:21
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2015 :  22:40:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

What is the western terminus of Dead Man's Walk, the path across Vaasa circa 1360?

Dead Man's Curve, of course.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2015 :  22:55:56  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Dead Man's Curve, of course.

Seems legit. If he doesn't curve south to Glister he'll walk out into the Ride and be dead.

Actually, I see now on the paper Atlas that the Walk goes to Glister. The FR9 map, at which I was looking when I wrote the question, shows Glister on the eastern side of Thar instead of the north. (question answered)

So I'd like to modify that question to: Is there a road between Glister and Ilinvur, and is that still Dead Man's Walk or does it have another name? (rediscovered the 4e map and considering it)

Also, what's the name of the lake on the Pelauvir river, at the northwestern corner of Vaasa? Anything special to take note of with regard to this lake? (Mirror Lake located on 4e map)

Do the gnolls of Frozen Flindyke come into Vaasa for trade purposes?

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 11 Dec 2015 07:07:07
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2015 :  23:36:07  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello THO!

I was wondering if your Realmsplay notes include any information about pacifiers, teething rings, or anything else used in Cormyr or the Dalelands to ease the pain of infants cutting teeth?

I had an idea for a pacifier made from rosecork, and this got me to thinking about the topic.

As always, thank you very much in advance for any answers you provide.

[

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2015 :  00:04:22  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

I was wondering if your Realmsplay notes include any information about pacifiers...

I've found that humans work quite well...
--Your pal, Thauglor
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2015 :  04:54:03  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hi All, Happy Holidays!

I was wondering or looking for an unofficial answer or your own realms campaign answer to these questions Ed.

I am assuming some things of great magical value are within the Trollbark forest and I assume that Larloch is aware or has gathered them all he would be interested in. I then assume maybe magical nodes or such exist within the Trollbark and those too are under his watch. My question would be are the denizens enough deterrent to adventurers alone that Larloch wouldn't have to add any "obstacles/traps" himself if I wanted to have a party try to penetrate this region.

Specifically I'm wondering does Larloch have wards in place that would make him aware of invisible beings as well as astral attempts to penetrate deep into Forest, I assume divinations deep into forest would also meet either his or natural "rebuff-ing". Would a person traveling astrally though be at risk of being snared by him is what I'm really curious about, my players use such tactics and I just want to know if they would succeed there. Besides the various types of trolls and I assume mutated abberation trolls within and plant creatures, is there any other thing adventurers are likely to face.

Basically it is a concerted effort if the "item" is located and astral scouting succeeds, a concerted attack with a "LOUD" force to draw the trolls attention to them and a much smaller group to try and port in (If teleporting would work and if they aren't teleport bounced or snared by anything) and hold position to do what needs to be done before Trolls swarm them as well.

Basically rolling random die that Larloch may be involved elsewhere, how long would you say players would have before his servants were involved?

How long would they have if he is present as well?

edit- From your writing I sense that larloch would be curious about who sent the adventurers more than the adventurers themselves and perhaps give them some wiggle room while he investigated. I assume in that process he might capture one of them or test them out to see how effective they were before really getting hands on via proxies. So this is why I assume the party may actually have some time or possibly not run afoul of any undead minions of SHadow King at all but might put themselves on his radar thereafter.

That's if I'm on right assumptions that is. THANKS!!!!!

How common knowledge is it that that region is his domain is the million dollar question though.

Edited by - createvmind on 01 Dec 2015 05:16:59
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2015 :  08:25:04  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hi All, Happy Holidays!

How common knowledge is it that that region is his domain is the million dollar question though.

Happy Holidays!

I'm not Ed, obviously, and I can't answer the questions regarding how things run in the home game, but since THO is busy lately I think we can take a stab at this last part.

We know that Szass Tam has met with Larloch, and it's a given that Elminster knows about him, and it's likely that the other Chosen and the Magister are aware of Larloch as well. Outside of these luminaries and the other dark entities who do personal business with him, nobody even knows that Larloch exists. By the 1350s, enough time has passed since the fall of Netheril that there are probably very few historians who have heard that somebody named Larloch ever existed.

Further, given Larloch's power and age and clear desire to be left alone, I suspect he's systematically erased all trace of himself from the historical records. He doesn't crave admiration from mortals... leaving his name laying around just invites constant bother from arrogant and phenomenally stupid people who think they can best him.

So... not that my take on it is so great, but in my Realms only a double-handful of individuals know about Larloch, and most of them don't know where he is at any given time, and they didn't get powerful by being stupid so they're not telling anyone what they know.

On the other hand, Larloch hasn't stayed hidden by frying everyone who enters the forest, so if they don't mess with him, then maybe trolls are the worst thing they'll have to deal with. Maybe.

Just my two cents. I'm looking forward to Ed's illumination too!
Go to Top of Page

Rivenhelm
Acolyte

32 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2015 :  21:41:00  Show Profile Send Rivenhelm a Private Message
Happy December THO, Ed, and fellow scribes,

My group has now reached the caravan city of Arabel. By the end of our session they had decided to take up lodgings at the High Moon Inn at the moot of Thalonder's Ride and ??? (Street that ends at the southwestern-most wall tower). Since it was a large building they assumed it was a fairly decent inn. For some reason I thought this inn was detailed in the Volo's Guide to Cormyr, but it sadly was not. I was wondering if you, or Ed, could share any details about it from gameplay. A travelogue overview would be fine (who runs it, room prices, condition of the accommodations) but as always share what you will.

Lastly, there are four streets in Arabel I can't quite place. Ongleth Lane from FOR4 Code of the Harpers (p. 70); and Dalarn Lane, Bottle Alley, Telvurr Street from GHotR (p. 141). Am I missing something? Are they mentioned, or hints of their locations mentioned elsewhere? Or just NDA'ed? Any help would be appreciated.

If I haven't said it before, thank you so much for all the sharing you do here at the keep. I think I can speak for all the scribes here in how grateful we are that you choose to spend your time here detailing and adding life to the world we all love. We are very blessed by your generosity, and appreciation you show to us fans.

Happy Holidays and keep cozy!!

R...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000