Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2015)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2015 :  01:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message
Hello Ed,

Can you tell us a bit about anyone in the Realms who time travelled (not the hard way, travelling to the future one day at a time). Where/When did they go? Has anyone come from a (possible) future of the Realms to the "present day" and if so, are any of them active? And, being extra greedy, could you share a bit about their objectives? For "present day" purposes, I'll assume we mean in any of the 3e-5e periods. Were the time travel rules relaxed during the magical chaos after the Spellplague and have the rules been re-established now that Mystra has re-emerged?
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2015 :  16:21:41  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message
who were the ancient Duartan?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2015 :  12:26:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO

In the Cyclopedia of the Realms from the Ol' Grey Box (p.39) you advise that "recent warfare" destroyed the Circle of Shadowdale and the Battledale Seven druidic groups.

What and who brought about their demise? There just isn't enough good druid realmslore out there for my liking! Thanks in advance.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

grymhild
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2015 :  21:10:54  Show Profile Send grymhild a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO,

I have a question regarding non-human clergy of Lolth and Eilistraee.

On Nov 5, 2006 THO posted
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5812&whichpage=67

quote:
It is true that for some decades in the Realms (the time covered by the Realms boxed sets of both the 1st and 2nd Edition) there were apparently no male clerics of Lolth and no male clerics of Eilistraee, and no non-drow clergy of either goddess.

and
quote:
There wasn’t a single date or clear moment when the acceptance of males and non-drow began; it seems to have been slowly and almost secretively occurring over a decade or so. However, as of 1373 DR, “everyone” among the clergy of Eilistraee now seems to be aware of it.

However, this seems to contradict 2e AD&D sources such as Drow of the Underdark and Demihuman Deities.
quote:
TSR 9326 FOR2 Drow of the Underdark, p. 23

"All clergy of Eilistraee are females of any intelligent race.

quote:
TSR 9326 FOR2 Drow of the Underdark, p. 24

"At least once a year, priestesses of Eilistraee undertake a "Run." Those who are not drow blacken their bodies with natural dyes and oils. All priestesses, drow or not, boil certain leaves and berries to make their hair silvery..."

quote:
TSR 9585 Demihuman Deities, p. 14

"All clergy of Eilistraee must be female, but they may be of any intelligent race."

quote:
TSR 9585 Demihuman Deities, p. 17

"Sword dancers can be of any intelligent race, but they must be female."

(and for Lolth)
quote:
TSR 9326 FOR2 Drow of the Underdark, p. 38

"Customs, Rules, & Taboos: [ . . . ] There are male priests of Lolth, but the Spider Queen very rarely allows them to rise above 7th level of experience."

quote:
MC3 Forgotten Realms Appendix, Entry Chitines

"Chitines are cast-off experiments of the drow. They have increased in numbers over the centuries, and even now plot to overthrow the drow who are Lolth's favorites. They are devoted to their spider queen and will do anything in her name. The priestesses of the chitines are rumored to be of a different and more powerful race, more akin to Lolth herself."

My question is: Even if they would have been rare, did Eilistraee accept non-drow clergy before the Time of Troubles, in say 1350-1351 DR.

For example, in DR 1351, would a goodly human who had been aiding and protecting Eilistraeen drow, joining the Dance and accepting The Dark Maiden as their patron deity, be permitted to become clergy?

Also, were half-drow ever forbidden to be clergy of The Dark Maiden?

Thank-you,

~Grymhild

May Her Song Touch Your Heart And Bring You Joy

Edited by - grymhild on 26 Sep 2015 02:56:31
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2015 :  17:14:22  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by grymhild

quote:
It is true that for some decades in the Realms (the time covered by the Realms boxed sets of both the 1st and 2nd Edition) there were apparently no male clerics of Lolth and no male clerics of Eilistraee, and no non-drow clergy of either goddess.

and
quote:
There wasn’t a single date or clear moment when the acceptance of males and non-drow began; it seems to have been slowly and almost secretively occurring over a decade or so. However, as of 1373 DR, “everyone” among the clergy of Eilistraee now seems to be aware of it.

However, this seems to contradict 2e AD&D sources such as Drow of the Underdark and Demihuman Deities.
quote:

And the Dambraii half-drow venerate Lolth (it's secondary to the state religion of Loviatar, but she is an ancestral deity of their relatives/neighbours/allies in T'lindhet, after all).
But what exactly "seems to contradict" what?
Both deities evidently had male or non-drow priests, but so rare and/or remote and/or otherwise not noticeable that "there were apparently no" such.
And?.. You understand what "generalisation" is, right? Use common sense...
How many surface elves (of any sort) want to hang out with the drow (of any sort), much less look up at them? Where's that Dambrath and how many outsiders (other than from T'lindhet) visit it? How many surface-dwellers ever heard of the chitines at all, much less in juicy details? How exactly would an average hunter tell a drow from a wood elf with skin painted dark and hair silver, if he barely gets to see a glimpse of hair and sword as she runs by?..

I'm obviously not Ed, but it puzzles me that this needs a clarification at all, much less "from the horse's mouth".

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 26 Sep 2015 17:18:57
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2015 :  21:43:21  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by grymhild

quote:

and
quote:

quote:

And the Dambraii half-drow venerate Lolth (it's secondary to the state religion of Loviatar, but she is an ancestral deity of their relatives/neighbours/allies in T'lindhet, after all).
Both deities evidently had male or non-drow priests, but so rare and/or remote and/or otherwise not noticeable that "there were apparently no" such.
How many surface elves (of any sort) want to hang out with the drow (of any sort), much less look up at them? Where's that Dambrath and how many outsiders (other than from T'lindhet) visit it? How many surface-dwellers ever heard of the chitines at all, much less in juicy details? How exactly would an average hunter tell a drow from a wood elf with skin painted dark and hair silver, if he barely gets to see a glimpse of hair and sword as she runs by?..

I'm obviously not Ed, but it puzzles me that this needs a clarification at all, much less "from the horse's mouth".

TBholder, not everyone can read between the lines on Realms Lore, and sometimes people miss details the first few times they read the lore. Don't be so harsh and demeaning with your words, please. It may make some scribes nervous to post their questions to the creator of the Realms if the other scribes act like the questions asked are too stupid to be asked.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2015 :  01:36:45  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message
To Ed or THO,

If Waterdeep or the like was to have a Realm's Strongest Man Contest like the Met RX World's Strongest Man contest, who would the top contenders be?

Thanks.

P.S. Assuming natural born, no magical enhancements.
Go to Top of Page

grymhild
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2015 :  21:41:12  Show Profile Send grymhild a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann
TBholder, not everyone can read between the lines on Realms Lore, and sometimes people miss details the first few times they read the lore. Don't be so harsh and demeaning with your words, please. It may make some scribes nervous to post their questions to the creator of the Realms if the other scribes act like the questions asked are too stupid to be asked.

Thank-you ^_^

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

TBeholder, _I_ mostly agree with you (though your tone seemed a bit condescending )

Personally, I interpret THO's statement in 2006 as a somewhat broad generalization, not meant as an absolute exclusion of the existence of non-drow (or non-female) clergy of Eilistraee or Lolth.

However, on the nwn2 server that I am part of, which is currently set in DR 1351, the staff has interpreted THO's statement in a much more restrictive fashion (ignoring Drow of the Underdark and Demihuman Deities)

btw - this isn't about any of my characters on the server but rather it's about me trying to support other players seeking to join the Eilistraeen Moonshard player-guild on the server. (My former -now deceased- character, Rilae'ar'an was a C'rintri Sword Dancer and high priestess of the Circle of Song moonshard, and I am still ooc guild leader/administrator of the guild)

quote:
DM (redacted #1) to another player wrote:
When it comes to worship of Eilistraee it is not enabled for humans. We can allow you to pick her as a deity on the these conditions,

You pick the no-deity option and RP worshipping Eilistraee instead
Your character ceases to be a paladin and favoured soul
Your character does not take the cleric class (in fact he won't be able to given the lack of a mechanical deity)

Eilistraee does not support paladins and we generally do not like to see favoured souls switch deities for RP and mechanical reasons. Also in this timeline Eilistraee does not have human clergy.

If a mechanical fix becomes available we can then later change your character's deity to Eilistraee.

How does this sound to you?
quote:
grymhild to the DM Staff wrote:
Hi,

I've heard that there might be some confusion by some on the staff as to Eilistraee's clergy.

Unless our server specifically deviates from canon FR lore, Eilistraee accepts females of _any_ intelligent race as a priestess.

quote:
TSR 9326 FOR2 Drow of the Underdark, p. 23 wrote:
"All clergy of Eilistraee are females of any intelligent race."

quote:
TSR 9585 Demihuman Deities, p. 13 (p. 11 in an OCR pdf) wrote:
"Eilistraee also has worshipers of human, elven, and in particular, half-elven stock (particularly around Silverymoon), and she looks kindly upon the Harpers."

quote:
TSR 9585 Demihuman Deities, p. 14 (p. 13 ocr pdf) wrote:
"All clergy of Eilistraee must be female, but they may be of any intelligent race."

quote:
TSR 9585 Demihuman Deities, p. 17 (p 16. ocr pdf) wrote:
"Sword dancers can be of any intelligent race, but they must be female."

... my question is... what is the lore source for Eilistraee only accepting elven blooded clergy (ie. Drow, half-drow, elves, half-elves)?

~Grymhild
quote:
Head DM (redacted #2)
The source for this is Ed Greenwood.

His replies on Candlekeep give a history of the development of Eilistraee's clergy. Check the post from "The Hooded One" dated 5th November 2006 in this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5812&whichpage=67

Its also quoted here: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/sse/sse_101112-06.htm

As you will see, in our timeline strictly speaking the only clergy allowed are female drow as our server is pre 1st Edition, and the faith is secluded and isolationist. Changes start in about 1363 DR

Mechanically on this server though the deity is open to male and female elves and half elves and so we have allowed that.

But an expansion to humans and other races is throwing the lore baby out with the bathwater so we have not allowed it.

------------------

So, I was hoping for a clarification because apparently some people interpret this differently than I do. :S

May Her Song Touch Your Heart And Bring You Joy

Edited by - grymhild on 27 Sep 2015 22:21:56
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  00:40:31  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
Eilistraee would of course accept male followers, but as far as I know, it is rare for a male to be in the clergy. I know there was a point when they were forbidden to join in the nightly dancing. I love Eilistraee, but that restriction has always bothered me, because she is supposed to be about equality and liberating drow.

That said, males fare better under her than they do under Lolth, and are treated well and with respect.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  02:33:26  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Eilistraee would of course accept male followers, but as far as I know, it is rare for a male to be in the clergy. I know there was a point when they were forbidden to join in the nightly dancing. I love Eilistraee, but that restriction has always bothered me, because she is supposed to be about equality and liberating drow.

In his post, Ed said that males are allowed in all rituals, except those more intense and specific to clergy (unless they join the clergy by dancing the ''changedance''). It is necessary because ''one could only feel the divine dance of Eilistraee as a female'', so it is mostly related to Eilistraee's nature, that Ed has laso said to be that of a mother goddess (and even goddess of fertility).

Sourcebooks also have absolutely nothing about males not being allowed to join the dances.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 28 Sep 2015 02:34:37
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  02:35:35  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
Oh, okay then. I was just going by what I had read in the novels, so if the sourcebooks (and Ed), say otherwise, great. I have Demihuman Deities, but I don't remember whether or not it mentioned that males could join in the dance/rituals. I knew Elkantar was likely an exception, since he was First of the Lady (which is why I said rare cases). I just hadn't read anything about males being allowed to participate, so I didn't know.

Edited by - CorellonsDevout on 28 Sep 2015 02:39:40
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  02:38:47  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:

Oh, okay then. I was just going by what I had read in the novels, so if the sourcebooks (and Ed), say otherwise, great.

Idk why the portrayal in the novels exacerbated the difference between male and female followers of Eilistraee to that degree. It's like they tried to make Eilistraee a goddess ''for the females'' and Vhaeraun a god ''for the males'', which goes against their goal and characters.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  02:41:31  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
Right, which is why I always thought it strange that males weren't allowed, considering Eilistraee is also a goddess that strives for equality.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  02:45:58  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
I have Demihuman Deities, but I don't remember whether or not it mentioned that males could join in the dance/rituals.

The Circles of Dance and Song are open to all followers (they are the collective dances and the iconic rituals of the faith). The Evensong is an intimate ''communication'' with Eilistraee that all followers do in solitude. The Run and Hunts are usually led by priestesses, but nothing is said about males not being allowed. The Last Dance is reserved to priest(esse)s. Dancing and singing as a prayer to Eilistraee (i.e. for spells) is reserved to priest(esse)s. So, only the last two are exclusive to priestesses, and can be joined by males, if they dance the changedance first.

Edited by - Irennan on 28 Sep 2015 02:47:25
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  03:42:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Digging up a bit of older lore...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Oooh, great question!
dravenloft, I can clearly recall a sudden fad among adventurers in the Moonsea North, Dales, Sembia, Cormyr, and Lake of Dragons area, in 1357 DR, for using bucklers (the small, round, hand-sized shields). Great in unexpected duels or close-quarters taverm brawls, but of less utility against orcs or barbarians whaling away at you with huge axes or two-handed swords.
That fad was followed by a fashion that lasted for four years (and in some cases clung for another decade or so) for wearing a huge plate-armored "battle arm" (sleeve, fastened at shoulder and wrist, and covering one arm in a properly-jointed but massively armored [[and adorned]] assembly of overlapping and sliding armor plates that covered one arm from shoulder to wrist. Worn even with festive clothing, not just "when armored and ready for war."
As the creator of all of this, Ed can, of course, elaborate.
love,
THO

I quite liked this tidbit from the other day, and mentioned in an email to Ed that I was making a dwarf NPC with a battle arm. He added:

quote:
Ah, yes, battle arms. Remember that they are great places to wear hidden keys, lockpicks, pionards and "knitting needle daggers," and for a dwarf to latch a detachable drinking-cup to . . . :}

I'm sure there will be still more to follow, but -- as we all know -- Edlore must be shared!

So why am I bringing this up, more than three years after the lore was first shared? Well, I saw this today on the Facebook, and it is rather similar to what Ed described. Not the same thing, obviously, but similar.

Medieval armor goes high fashion -- and looks fantastic

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2015 :  02:28:51  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message
Greetings beautiful THO,

We are discussing on another thread a question someone on Facebook had; and I thought it would be best to go to Ed (or yourself). What are the tallest buildings in the Realms? Maybe separated for the ones made by humanoids, by giants, and the ones that are created by magic versus non-magical.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2015 :  16:19:46  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Hi all. Hope all is well with you, Ed and THO!

From FR Adventures, pg 139:

quote:

Orl: A gemstone believed unique to the North, where it is found only in "blue caves" such as those at Whaeloon.

What/where is Whaeloon?

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 08 Oct 2015 16:20:21
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2015 :  01:11:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
You mean Wheloon in Cormyr. Now a "prison city" ... *sigh*

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2015 :  01:38:37  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
The FR wiki has a nice article on it: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wheloon

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2015 :  01:54:51  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

You mean Wheloon in Cormyr. Now a "prison city" ... *sigh*

-- George Krashos

Thank ya, George and Irennan. Aye, I'm aware of Wheloon, but it's outside what I've previously considered the North... and are there blue caves at Wheloon?

Also, I agree with that sigh. But! I have high hopes for the future. Future fan developments anyway. Jury's still out on the official directions.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 09 Oct 2015 01:55:29
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2015 :  00:03:47  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Another query from the pages of FR Adventures:

quote:
Mordenkainen and Vangerdahast both competed magically for the hand of a young extra-planar beauty (both lost, by the way).

Has this story been elaborated upon already? If not I am, of course, curious about any details that can be shared!
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2015 :  15:06:05  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,

My campaign PCs just met and defeated the drow from the temple of Selvertarm in Undermountain (as described in Ruins of Undermountain). Some of the dark elves fled, and I was just wondering about their origins, for I think it would help me determinate the place and time of their revenge. Can you please give some advice about the place they came from, and their reason for living and establishing their place of worship in Undermountain? Besides, where could Essra the fighter/priestess obtain a netherese scepter? Was it found in Undermountain, and how? Or is there another story?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2015 :  17:55:27  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Hello again THO and Ed - hope you are both well.

I have a couple of quick questions for you about the Zhentarim, more particularly modern Zhent survivors. I've been writing up a description for the Manshoon sometimes referred to as 'the real Manshoon' and originally in Cloak and Dagger as 'Manshoon Prime' and have come to the inevitable questions about his relationships with other powerful Zhents.

It was stated a while back in one of your previous answers that Hesperdan ('the Old Man of the Zhentarim') and Eirhaun Sooundaeril ('The Maimed Wizard') both still survive. What if anything can you tell me about these spellcasters and what possible relations with 'the real' Manshoon they might have? Neither was mentioned back in Cloak & Dagger, so I'd love it if you could provide description/stat block as you do on occasion for NPCs. Are there other Zhents of power still around?

Finally, I have a question about the Manshoon Ed has included in his last several novels, which I assume must be the Orlak Manshoon even though he doesn't seem to have the Orlak regalia. Mystra/Elminster has tried to recruit him repeatedly - are similar attempts being made with OTHER Manshoons? Might there be a half-dozen Manshoon clone chosen flying about the realms in a slightly more villainous but equally meddlesome Elminster fashion - or doing some other such service for Mystra?

Edited by - The Masked Mage on 21 Oct 2015 06:55:07
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2015 :  23:40:03  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
I'm sorry I've been silent and absent for so long here at the Keep. I was on a day-job "radio silence" mission. And may soon fall silent again, I'm afraid.
However, while I'm here...yes, to The Masked Mage, it is the Orbakh Manshoon, and yes, there ARE other Manshoons running around (but what they're up to, right now, is NDA for the moment).
And yes, Hesperdan and Eirhaun both still survive, as do other (well-hidden) Zhents of power, most of whom think the days of powerful wizards among the Zhentarim maintaining a high profile are over (they want little or nothing to do with the current Zhentarim). As for specifics of those two, that'll have to await Ed's pleasure, and he's a little busy with other things these days (see OnderLibrum.com if you're interested).
His next Realms novel (after SPELLSTORM) is finished and submitted, and I THINK is supposed to come out in June 2016.
Barastir, the blast scepter was very likely found in Undermountain (because we Knights found several of them therein).
xaeyruudh, "Whaeloon" is the archaic spelling and pronunciation of "Wheloon," and yes, there are "blue caves" there, but their entrances have partially collapsed (due to magical blasting), and the remaining ones are much harder to find...
Wooly, thanks for those pics of battle arm -like armour...
Must go now, but I'll be back.
Ed and I are both fine, BTW, but Ed's wife (who turned 80 just a few days ago) is very ill and he's caring for her and that is eating up MORE of his time...
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2015 :  01:55:27  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message
Thanks very much for the update THO.

I'd like to send Ed & his wife my very best wishes & positive vibes in this difficult time.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2015 :  22:34:23  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Thank you, milady, and much love to you and the Greenwoods!
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  07:26:07  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message
I just wanted to offer a very belated thankyou for Ed answering my question way back when. I've just read the 2013 thread and without fail every post of Ed's seems to always inspire new ideas :) So a very big thankyou as always to Ed for participating in these threads.

And sending my thoughts to Ed and his family.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  12:34:37  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Thank you for the answers you could give by now, good luck on your job and the best wishes and blessings to Ed's wife, I'll be praying for her.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2015 :  17:52:29  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Re. this, from grymhild:

Hello Ed and THO,
I have a question regarding non-human clergy of Lolth and Eilistraee.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5812&whichpage=67

quote:

and

quote:

Well, no, because the 2e sources are 1360s DR. So, no contradiction. And note THO's use of the word "apparently." The lady chooses her words carefully; I read that as a clear hint.
BB
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2015 :  12:26:27  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Ok THO, here's one that might seem a bit out of nowhere for Ed:

Is there any connection between Mhair Szeltune (Master of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors in Waterdeep), and Sharangar Szeltune (Archlich from Blackmoor in Ed's Spelljammer book Lost Ships)... aside from both being goodly aligned 19th level spellcasters he created?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000