Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms -L
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  03:48:50  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anybody got some of these entries saved? Specifically, this one...

PEOPLE, CUSTOM: Selune and Moonswords
PEOPLE, CUSTOM: Selune and Moonswords (22 lines)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:46:43 +1200

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  04:04:59  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just about the best entry on the Realms-L, in my not so humble opinion, is The Dragon Mortuary of Mot-nefer-mose by Scott Bennie.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  04:20:44  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well crap, what's the answer to the riddle? I have some ideas but seriously, who writes up such an amazing piece and doesn't offer the answer for use in a game? Scotte Bennie must be a sadist.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  04:29:53  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not know how to access this information. I am not a member and the sign-up does not appear to work for me. Can anyone uncover the veil under which this lore is held?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  05:53:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr Harbord said:

quote:
Quite liked the ethos of the Moonswords.

As far as Selune adding women to her portfolio ... maybe fertility (I know
this encroaches on others), I'm just thinking that the moon is often linked
with female fertility? Sorry no more, must dash and do work.

John

It seems to have been in reply to this, from Morgan Crow on the previous day:

quote:

Kim asked us all to bring the disscusion back to the Realms. So I happily
oblige her.

This is a rough draft of the Code of Conduct of the Order of the Swords of
the Moon, a group of paladins founded by the daughter of Selune about a year
after the Time of Troubles. (More will come on this in the parts about the
organization's history, stucture, and location.)

The Code
Written by Vasha Delgato, bard of the Realms

1.) All life is sacred, and each death darkens the world. So it is a
Moonsword's duty to protect and preserve life. Unfortunately, the world we
live in is fraught with danger and sometimes a Moonsword must kill in defense
of this first duty. Thus a Moonsword is tasked this: Never take a life unless
in defense of others, or one's self.

2.) A Moonsword can never refuse an honest request for aid from anyone, be
they of high station or low. Be it aiding a farmer with his crops or
defending a kingdom, there is no task a Sword of the Moon cannot do.

3.) Each Moonsword is a light against Shar's darkness, and is to leave a
little of her light behind her. Leaving each person, place, and thing a
little better than she found them.

---

This is all I have right now. I'll have the full thing plus the other two
parts later. I'd like to hear some feedback though.

Thanks
Morgan

PS: I've been considering, unofficially, adding Women to Selune's portfolio.
It makes sense... what do you think?

I don't see any follow-up on the Paladins of Selune subject.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  06:25:50  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks, x

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  18:37:29  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

thanks, x

Sorry to turn your topic in the wrong direction.

The Realms-L archives are navigable and you shouldn't need to sign up in order to access them. The function of the buttons at the top of the page are not readily apparent. They allow you to navigate posts by subject, by user and by the sequence of posts received each day.

There's some really good stuff buried there (with a side of drama, if you have the taste for it), including some history on the development of the Realms and D&D for 3E.

I have not read the archives for the other lists (such as the main D&D list), but I bet there's some cool stuff in there too.

Here's where I search the Realms-L list: LINK

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  18:54:18  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, thank you, that is a much better interface than what I had found.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  23:02:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A side of drama ...?

We weren't any better or worse "back in the day" than what goes on here at the 'Keep or other places. Fans get ... excited ... about their favourite fantasy place. The trick is to harness that energy and passion in positive directions.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 22 Dec 2014 23:03:33
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  23:14:01  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alas, the only entries containing both "selune" and "moonsword" in my *almost* complete local REALMS-L archive are the same ones still listed on google (here, here, here ... and PEOPLE, CUSTOM: Selune & Moonswords, and Index of PEOPLE, CUSTOM, and here, here, here, here, here, and here). There may be more, or there may not, my little crawler scripts never quite managed to finish the task (even after about 15 months of cumulative sporadic background runtime), too many dead links, too many expired servers. A few odd snippets still appear every month or three as the large internet archives (and legions of Realms fans) repost or relink lost lore.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 22 Dec 2014 23:31:44
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2014 :  00:01:07  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems as if those entries refer to yet another Order of Selunites as opposed to magic weapons carried by them. Other than the wiki, every document I have list Moon's Hand maces as the favored weapons of Silverstars. Thanks though, Scribes.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 23 Dec 2014 00:05:04
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2014 :  08:09:33  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

The trick is to harness that energy and passion in positive directions.

That is pretty tricky for some of us, some of the time.

(Not lookin at anybody else. Just owning my issue. )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000